Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 05-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Here since day one

Mein Auto: 535ix, GL450, 991S, NSX
OK, I made an offer on a Used car !!!!(inside for details)

It's a 1998 Eclipse GST Conv bright red with grey leather.

It's a 5 speed and has 27,000 miles and is in mint condition. I offered $14,000 for it, so we'll see if the seller is going to take it. It is a lot less then what he wanted but I feel the price I offered was good.

We'll see what happens, I hope he decides to take it, otherwise I might offer the person with the 91 White Celica Conv (with 120,000 miles) $3,000 (though the owner says he will only go down to $4,000 which is too high for this car !!

I had checked it out today as well and it is in extremely good condition considering it's age and miles . . .
Ads by Google
Old 05-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Parking Spot Maven

Mein Auto: 2011 335i, 2013 M3
Have you checked into insurance costs on the Eclipse? I don't know about your neck of the woods, but in California some insurance companies won't even insure that car (at any price). A friend of mine was looking into buying one about a year ago and he decided not to after he looked into the insurance. Way too many little racers drive those and kill other people (and themselves) behind the wheel too often for some insurance companies to want them as customers.

Just a thought... good luck with whatever you get.

--SONET
Old 05-11-2002, 06:33 PM
Kickin' it old school

Mein Auto: E30 325is
Cool, you went with my recommendation! :thumb:

I hope you get the deal you want, it's an incredible ride with even minor modifications. If it wasn't for a few relibility risks I would own a GSX Coupe right now.
Old 05-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Here since day one

SONET- insurance wasn't even a real concern of mine and considering I'm in the business you would think i would know better

Mystikal - of course I listened . . . you give good advice :thumb: :thumb: plus I'll be the first to admit that I always wanted to own a 2nd generation Eclipse (conv or not) it's always been one of my favorite cars. I've rented a few in Florida and there is just something I love about that car. The new eclipse doesn't give me the same feeling. The funny thing is, I once had a 95 Eagle Talon FWD turbo. I had only kept it for 2 to 3 months and it was a fun car but a ton of torque steer.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:33 AM
The Original Dr. Phil

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Alright Alan let's hope they take your offer:thumb: Sounds like its the choice you wnated all along

Now we can focus on steering issues and other issues that drive you batty (j/k)
Old 05-12-2002, 05:45 AM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally posted by PM 325xiT
Alright Alan let's hope they take your offer:thumb: Sounds like its the choice you wnated all along

Now we can focus on steering issues and other issues that drive you batty (j/k)
I am sooooo done with those crazy little issues . . . well hopefully . . .