Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-23-2012, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: 335is
Question: Recommendations for Rome and Prague Activities

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who read this thread.
I am seeking opinions and advise. I will be in Rome and Prague in December. I have never been to either of two cities. In each city, I (by myself) will have two full days for sightseeing, eating local food +Beers. What are you recommendations?
Anything you can recommend, please post.
Last, I would prefer to spend more time on sightseeing. I will definitely skip the fancy restaurant since I don't have the time and accompany for a 2 hrs sit down dinner. Small, local restaurants are preferred. Thanks for your time!
Ads by Google
Old 11-24-2012, 01:07 PM

any recommendations?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Qualityhound

Mein Auto: 2011 535Xi
Prague is one of our favorite cities in Europe. Our only lodging experience is the Marriott, so can't offer much help there.

Some of the best food in Prague is at small restaurants at least two blocks away from Old Town Square (at about half the cost).

Public transportation is very good and you can travel at a fraction of the cost of London or Zurich. The Prague Castle is very popular, as is the Jewish Quarter. Lots of history and beautiful architecture everywhere. It is a great city to walk, with beautiful parks. The Charles bridge is also a main attraction for tourists.

There are very good walking tours that you can generally just join the morning of the day you want to go. Our experience with tour guides there has been exceptionally good. Most meet at the Clock Tower in the Square.

Enjoy!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 PM
SECDEF

Mein Auto: 2009 328xi Montego Blue
Prague is an amazing city. I would recommend touring the Prague Castle Complex including walking to the top of the St. Vitus Cathedral. You can then walk to the funicular that takes you to the Petrin Tower for more amazing views of Prague. If you enjoy high end shopping go to Parizska Street which is near the Old Town Square which is also worth checking out. I would also recommend walking across the Charles Bridge. There are some nice restaurants along the river near the bridge that have great views and good food. Make sure wherever you stay has a secured parking garage/lot. Street parking in Prague is highly risky.

My European Delivery
Old 11-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '00 E46 Sedan & '14 GC
Rome must sees:
Collosseum, the Forum, Capitoline Museum, Victor Emmanuel Monument, Pantheon, St.Peters, Vatican Museum (Sistine Chapel Ceiling), Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Villa Borghese.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 PM

Really appreciate tdepetra, pawarrant and Trinitony. Your folks are the reasons that I post on bimmerfest. I know i can depend on bimmerfesters.
Capitoline Museum, Victor Emmanuel Monument, Spanish Steps, Villa Borghese, Jewish Quarter and Charles Bridge were not on my original research. Now, I will definitely add them to my travel list. .

If you know other archaeological sites/buildings where I should visit, please add on.

Last edited by bimmer335is; 11-24-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Vroom Vroom

Mein Auto: 328i
I think one of the best times you are going to have is the drive from Prague to Rome. When you cross over the alps and down through Tuscany. Amazing.

Both cities are great I hope you enjoy
Old 11-24-2012, 10:21 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Prague is awesome. U Fleku, An Old World Experience at Prague's Oldest Brewery. Kings Castle. Old Town Square. Old Jewish Synagogue and Cemetery.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 11-25-2012, 12:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
I recommend this book.
We used during our trip and never get disappointed.
His web site is a good source of information - check this out
Our last visit we take free eng. speaking tour the Forum by students. They give you free day tour and hopping that you take evening 3 hrs walking tour of Rome, witch we did, and it was highlight of our Rome visit.

Vatican and Vatican museum is a must.
Do not take a bus tour offering by your hotel - tourist trap - they take you on all places outside of Rome, nothing to write home about.

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT

Last edited by MB330; 11-25-2012 at 12:18 PM.