Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 & 2011 X3
Anyone transport their bicycle in the back?

With the back seats tilted forward, I am trying to determine if I will be able to carry my road bike (55cm) in the back of the car by taking off the front tire. Please let me know if have tried this and whether or not it works. (I am not interested in putting the bike on a rack).

Thanks, Buminenga
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2013, 06:11 PM

Mein Auto: X1
I get my mountain bike in the car no problem, but I do take off the front tire. I have't tried without taking of the tire but I think I would have trouble.

Are road bike front tires harder to take off and put on than mountain bikes?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1
I have a 55cm road bike with ISP that fits in the back without removing the front or rear wheel as long as all back seats are folded down. However, I don't think I would have much more room to put race gear if I was headed to another state to race and possibly sleep overnight. I purchased a BMW roof rack and two bike trays. Give me until tomorrow and I will take some shots of the car with my bike in the back of it and then some shots with both my TT and Road bikes on the roof for you.

Since we are on the topic of bikes, here are my road and TT bikes: http://i.imgur.com/tm86e.jpg

Last edited by conceyted; 02-11-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 PM

Gentlemen, thank you for the good news. The list of concerns I have with buying an X1, is shrinking!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM

Conceyted, thanks for the post about the bikes. Looks like you're pretty serious about riding / racing. I live in Colo and do quite a bit of mtn and road (mostly hill climbs). I have a couple expensive (carbon) Cannondales and do not like leaving the bikes on a roof rack when I need to be out and away from the car. If I can get one bike inside (with the seats down), I can put my riding gear on the front passenger seat / floor. Most of my traveling to ride, I do alone or meet up with a buddy somewhere, so I don't need to carry more than one bike.

Again, thanks for the info... I plan to order a brown X1 (xLine) in August, for a late Oct delivery. Very nice to know I'll be able to keep my bike inside the car now.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buminenga View Post
Conceyted, thanks for the post about the bikes. Looks like you're pretty serious about riding / racing. I live in Colo and do quite a bit of mtn and road (mostly hill climbs). I have a couple expensive (carbon) Cannondales and do not like leaving the bikes on a roof rack when I need to be out and away from the car. If I can get one bike inside (with the seats down), I can put my riding gear on the front passenger seat / floor. Most of my traveling to ride, I do alone or meet up with a buddy somewhere, so I don't need to carry more than one bike.

Again, thanks for the info... I plan to order a brown X1 (xLine) in August, for a late Oct delivery. Very nice to know I'll be able to keep my bike inside the car now.
Yes, I do exactly this when going to group rides. I bought my rack for out of town travel where I would be driving 2+ hours with a passenger and 2 bikes to races. Otherwise, if it was just me and my bike, I would have no trouble loading up the car and keeping the bike inside. I still plan to get those pictures for you, I just did not have an opportunity to do so today with the weather being what it was.