Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Mullini

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW sDrive 28i X1
Beverly Hills BMW purchase experience

Hi all. Although my local dealership is South Bay BMW, I ended up ordering an X1 from Beverly Hills BMW back in late September. My first BMW. I had been checking the forum, but just did not quite get that contacting a "sponsor" was the way to go. Oh well, "next time." I did use pricing discussions here at the time to make my offer, and it was accepted fairly smoothly. Oh, by the way, I used the BMW USA site to configure the X1 and send that to a couple dealerships. Beverly Hills BMW got back to me super-fast so that's where I went (I chose it because it is fairly convenient to my Mon-Fri work location). The process of ordering that morning was smooth and pleasant.

So the X1 came in last Wednesday and I picked it up yesterday. I have a couple comments to share on the experience:

First, although Bev Hills BMW is now in a new building/location, space is at a premium. The customer parking has a valet, is extremely tight, and that's where my X1 was waiting and demo'ed. I found it unnerving to sit in the X1 and try to follow all my CA had to say while the valets swung vehicles this way and that, often just inches from my new car.

Maybe that's just where we wound up and not where they usually do the demo. I should have just stopped the demo at a certain point and asked to move somewhere else. It was a hectic way to be introduced to my new BMW.

Second, I had negotiated a price back in September and both I and the manager signed off on it. So when I got in the Finance office and the papers were put in front of me, the finance agent happily showed me the current $500 incentive - off MSRP! Fortunately I had my papers. He was clearly dismayed that no one had told him about this price. My CA's fault? I don't know. He double-checked it, and came back saying "Well I guess the manager that day really wanted a sale." It's not even that great a deal, compared to some of the reports on here ("They paid me to take the car! And their first-born son!"). Anyway, what he said next struck me as odd...he explained that Bev Hills BMW had moved to "True Car" pricing in the last month, so he thought the price was settled. But True Car pricing wouldn't be MSRP? It is true that models in the showroom had True Car prices posted. Some with small discounts of 1-2% (including a Valencia Orange X1), and some with bigger discounts. But why would that explain why he gave me papers to sign at MSRP?

At any rate, I caught it. I suppose if I hadn't, and discovered the "mistake" later, they would have sorted it out. No matter how super-nice dealership people can be, we have to be on our toes. If anyone out there negotiates a price for an order, get it on paper and with signatures, and hold that tight.

So I will post elsewhere first impressions on driving the X1 as my vehicle, etc.

Would I recommend Beverly Hills BMW to anyone? I would, but with qualifications.
Ads by Google
Old 11-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Good catch! Next time, go up the road to Santa Barbara and see Jon.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Runon MD1

Send a message via AIM to Runon MD1
Mein Auto: 335i Sedan
Beverly Hills BMW Purchase Experience

It was just an oversight.

Right. Uh-huh.

Horse-poopy.

Use Board sponsors. End of story.

I learned the hard way.

Richard
Old 11-25-2012, 04:48 AM
<a href="http://www.Ticke

Mein Auto: E92 M3
Beverly Hills BMW. Perhaps I am stereotyping but that just sounds like an awful place to buy a BMW. If I stilled lived in southern cali would be driving up to Santa Barbara for my BMW purchase
Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Mullini

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW sDrive 28i X1
Now that I have the X1, I don't care too much about the buying experience at the dealership. It wasn't so bad as to affect my feelings about the car. I'll take it to Bev Hills BMW for service at some point as well and see how that goes. Later I can always take it to the closest dealership, South Bay BMW. By the way, back in late August I actually had a deposit at South Bay BMW - which the CA told me she would hold, and not cash - on an allocated X1. At that point, I and my partner really needed a second vehicle, and the CA was trying to find us something coming in soon that was close to what we wanted. That was a Glacier Silver X1 with only premium package. But after a couple weeks went by, I realized that I would rather wait even longer and get an X1 we really wanted. At that point I should have been more assertive about wanting to drop that deposit and place an order. Somehow I had got a sense that South Bay BMW wasn't cool on ordering. Anyway, just as that Silver X1 was finally arriving, the CA took the hint and basically said, "If you don't want this X1, that's fine, we'll return your deposit and you can shop elsewhere." Guess I had burned that bridge!

Ideally, yeah, I would have known the forum better at that point and contacted a sponsor, but that penny hadn't dropped. Somehow in all the posts I had read at that point I hadn't caught one that said, "Hey the sponsors on here give the best deals/service so call them!" But like I said, now I have the X1 in my garage. Time to move on and enjoy it!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

Mein Auto: 09' 650i Cabrio
Great review. I'm in the market buying a SUV as my second car. I'm foreigner so I think this forum really help a lot. I bought my first car used 09 650i with full internet price without any bargain. I was like "see the car, fall in love, put down deposit, go home and realize I was freaking dumb".