Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
New order pickup - free floor mats or something else?

So, I understand from another thread it is a known fact that most dealerships will throw in all-weather mats when you go to close the deal and pick up your ordered car. I learned that from this thread:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...270&highlight=

I want to get some opinions though... do you all think that it's being too aggressive or greedy to ask then to tint my windows instead of asking for floor mats? Has anyone here done that?

Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Vert
Good luck with that. My dealership didn't give me anything, but maybe some do. Mats are a lot cheaper than a tint job, though, so not sure how successful you will be. But it doesn't hurt to ask....good luck.

2013 335i - ED September 2012
Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post
Good luck with that. My dealership didn't give me anything, but maybe some do. Mats are a lot cheaper than a tint job, though, so not sure how successful you will be. But it doesn't hurt to ask....good luck.
I have a feeling my dealership will throw something in since this is my 2nd purchase from them and used the same sales rep. Also, over the years I've brought that rep quite a few customers who wound up getting cars from him. So, I believe he will try to work with me. Was just wondering how it would come across if I asked for more than mats, namely window tint.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Apay Kapoy

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSport; 02 RSX
Since you are a loyal customer, using the same CA and brought customers, I would give it a try. Worse thing that could happen is they would say no to the 2nd item. Worst would be no for both. IF they say no, are you ready to go to another dealer or settle for 1 item instead of 2? IF they say no to both, then it's more business not personal. When you are at the financial manager's office, one of the items you will sign is a "We Owe, You Owe" sheet. This is where your CA or financial manager would list the things that you are asking for provide it was approved before hand.
Good luck.
My 1st BMW-bought fr inbound inventory: Munich 2013 F30 335i, RWD, Alpine White, Black Leather, M-Sport Line/Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg (Adaptive M Susp, Var Sport Steering), Prem Pkg, Tech Pkg, 403M (Potenza S001 RFT 225/40, 255/35 R19), Sport auto w/paddle shifters, Heated front seats, Harman Kardon, Aluminum Hex Trim matte EB accent, Anthracite headliner
Std: Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Sunroof, Alarm
Mods: Tint, DIY lower intake grill guard, ASS recoded
18K miles
Hergestellt in Deutschland
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Mats were common pre-F30, because they were not included on previous 3ers. Mats are now included. Lots of times a CA would pay for mats out of his own commission to get the sale. Tint is considerably more expensive. Frankly, it strikes me as a little greedy, depending on how thin your deal is. But, if you've sent him a lot of business and they haven't been a bunch of "mini" deals he may be able to swing it. 2nd purchase is nice. 4th or 5th is more likely to get something like tint. This isn't a non-profit business. You want your CA around for that fourth and fifth deal.

Keep Right, Except to Pass

Than & Then usage - "It was hotter than hades (comparison). Then later on (time) it got cool."

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune - I like it!
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!

Last edited by tturedraider; 12-03-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Mats were common pre-F30, because they were not included on previous 3ers. Mats are now included. Lots of times a CA would pay for mats out of his own commission to get the sale. Tint is considerably more expensive. Frankly, it strikes me as a little greedy, depending on how thin your deal is. But, if you've sent him a lot of business and they haven't been a bunch of "mini" deals he may be able to swing it. 2nd purchase is nice. 4th or 5th is more likely to get something like tint. This isn't a non-profit business. You want your CA around for that fourth and fifth deal.
Ya, I certainly don't want to come across as greedy, because frankly, I'm not. However, the relationship I've cultivated with them over the years has brought the dealership and my rep decent business. So, since I'm hearing that dealerships mostly throw in mats when you ask for them on closing the deal, I was only wondering if I could instead get something I actually want - tints. Your observation is constructive though. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport
My CA was more than happy to say "sure, we can definitely throw in some mats for ya when it arrives, no problem". I didn't want to push it beyond that though. She's been a delight to work with.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
OP, since you are in NY, winter mats will be quite useful. I just put mine on and these are the first rubber mats I don't hate. They look acceptable in a BMW.