Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 AM

Mein Auto: E93 320d Cabriolet
Comfort access. Have it or not?

Hi guys

First of all this is my first post so go easy on me and sorry if this has already been answered

It may sound like a stupid question, but i have just taken delivery of my new 320d e93.

If i go into the system settings and then to locks, i can select "comfort entry"

Does this mean i have the comfort access pack, and should i be able to get in the car without clicking the button?

Cheers

Dom
Ads by Google
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Not necessarily. The tell-tale for Comfort Access is the outside handles on the front doors. With CA, they have ridges on the top. CA also includes a key fob that has a removable battery; non-CA cars have a fob with a rechargeable, non-removable battery.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335i Cabrio
And for a definitive test, sit in the driver seat with your key in your pocket, press the brake pedal and push the start button.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpburdell View Post
And for a definitive test, sit in the driver seat with your key in your pocket, press the brake pedal and push the start button.
Yeah, well, that's pretty definitive if it works; but if it doesn't start the car, that could mean one of two or three different things: (a) it's a manual shift car that may or may not have CA; (b) it doesn't have CA; or (c) it has CA but the CA isn't working properly (because of a depleted battery, or other malfunction).

Last edited by raleedy; 11-25-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Kris

Mein Auto: 2011 320d Coupe
http://bmwvin.com/?vin

If you go to the above site with the last 7 digits of your VIN, it will definitively tell you whether you have comfort access or not.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 AM

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
Although the OP has a newer model, my CA equipped '07 has no option for "Comfort Entry" under locks. The Comfort Access for entry and locking is always enabled, it does not have to be turned on. It simply involves grasping the door handle with the fob within about 6 feet of the car and the door will unlock. And as Raleedy said, there will be ridges on the door handle to lock the door if you have CA.

Also, I notice in perusing Porache's literature (just bought a Boxster) that they define "Comfort Entry" as an adjustment of the power seat (depending on key fob) to facilitate getting in or out of the car. The seat then returns to it's preset position. So perhaps the OP's Bimmer has that feature in conjuction with the memory power seats - with or without CA.

Tom

Last edited by Tom K.; 11-27-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:58 PM

Mein Auto: 335IX
My '12 has CA and it works like the a fore mentioned Boxer
Old 11-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Since OP has a cabrio, they have the option of not only Comfort Access but also Convenient Access. Convenient access is where the top will partly fold out of the way, but not fully inconvenience putting things in the trunk. AFIK, Convienient Access is only available if Comfort Access is installed. Bottom line unless an aftermarket add on such as the SmartTop module is installed, the only way to definitively know if comfort access/convienient access is present on the car is to look for the ridges on the door handle.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793