Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: Infiniti
Do you like sport activity package?

I know it's kind of stupid to ask this question after I already placed the order.

I like the steering wheel and the sport seats. But beside these,
1, are the bigger wheels safer?
2, beside the cosmetic change, what real functions it comes with?
3, I saw x3 without sports package also has S/M on the shifter, what is the difference between the sport activity package and the sport function on the basic configuration?

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 11-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Vector Pilot

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335xi+2011Z4 35i
My wife and I considering leasing an X3. Configuring the car for possible options and packages, I like "Sport Activity Package" but IMO it's cosmetic and we refer to it as "M-Sport Lite"
Old 11-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
I have the sport activity package and really like the features it added. You get the paddle shifters on the steering wheel (plus the beefed up steering wheel as you mentioned), the 19" rims, sport and sport + mode switch, and the sport seats (that are worth it alone) in my opinion. I would have got the M-Sport package, but it isn't available with Mineral Silver so the sport package was the next best thing.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Vector Pilot

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335xi+2011Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
I have the sport activity package and really like the features it added. You get the paddle shifters on the steering wheel (plus the beefed up steering wheel as you mentioned), the 19" rims, sport and sport + mode switch, and the sport seats (that are worth it alone) in my opinion. I would have got the M-Sport package, but it isn't available with Mineral Silver so the sport package was the next best thing.
Want the Thrill
Thanks for the reply, sound like it's big bang for the buck.
Highest Regards
Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 35i
When I ordered in 2011, it didn't include the wheels, so it was only $1500 list. 309's were available separately for $600 list. I think the silver rails and trim also come with SAP. I also believe it is well worth the price and perhaps the best deal of all of the options. Wouldn't order without the SAP or M-Sport package.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: X3
I think it includes the sport seats which IMO are critical. BMW makes such shoddy standard seats thesedays; a 18k VW Polo had better seats than my dad's $60k X5 with standard equipment. I drove the X3 a couple years ago with the standard seats and I felt I was sitting on a perch.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 AM

Mein Auto: Infiniti
I totally agree that the upgraded steering wheel is a big plus. The standard one is just too thing.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
...You get the paddle shifters on the steering wheel ....
I thought that was only on the 35i M Sport Package and not the 28i or the Sport Activity Package being discussed here. Am I wrong about that? That would make the package a little more worth it if the paddles were included.

Last edited by ErnestHouse; 12-05-2012 at 07:28 PM.