Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE

BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE
Are you excited about the upcoming BMW i3 or i8? Interested in learning more about the BMW ActiveE? This is the place for you!

Old 11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Starting to think Fisker is cursed!

I'm sure a great many cars were destroyed in the flooding, but leave it to Fiskers to *catch on fire* sitting in a flooded parking lot!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/31/hurricane-sandy-destroys-16-fisker-karmas-at-port-with-water-and/

Meanwhile, the Tesla S has won Yahoo! Motors and now Automobile magazine's car of the year awards.

Really hope BMW emulates the latter, not the former!

Last edited by TheCritic; 11-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 AM

And things continue ever worse for Fisker...
Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCritic View Post
I'm sure a great many cars were destroyed in the flooding, but leave it to Fiskers to *catch on fire* sitting in a flooded parking lot!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/31/hurricane-sandy-destroys-16-fisker-karmas-at-port-with-water-and/
More details on the fires...

Old 11-20-2012, 07:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 528i
Fisker just can't seem to catch a break, honestly.

First all their press is bad press, with 2 spontaneously combusing in driveways.
Then Romney/Ryan call them "a loser" in 3 out of 4 internationally viewed debates.
Then their battery supplier A123 goes bankrupt.
Then the flood.

I have $5K sitting in Fisker's bank account, a deposit for the perpetually-delayed Atlantic (now projected for late 2014), and because I have skin in the game, I monitor news developments carefully (via google "news alerts" sent to my phone on a daily basis). There have been several times in the past couple of months where I've almost pulled the plug and asked for my deposit back, but man I hope they make it to production in Delaware.

I would love to have one of the first $50,000, made-in-USA, beautiful Atlantics.
But until that happens, I'm going to regret not being in queue at Tesla.