Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i MSport
LCI owners - how is your Auto Start/Stop programmed?

My Auto start/stop defaults to the last setting, which I believe is a behavior that required coding in last years models. This is exactly how I want it. Is that how yours works, or do you have to turn it off every time you start the car?
Hopefully this is the way it now comes from the factory. If not, my Dealer must have configured it.
Coded myself: Turn off power when opening door, ASS off by default, Enable turn signals in HUD, DVD in Motion, Transfer telephone ringtone to car, Enable tire pressure and temperature display in iDrive. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer, Disable Rear/Side camera disclaimers.
20/80 Highway/City

Last edited by Sonicendeavor; 08-19-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 08-20-2013, 03:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 535dx M Sport
Sonic,

With the auto start/stop not turned off, mine has only automatically shut down one time. At stop lights and long stop sign waits I get the auto start/stop deactivated light pop up. When I manually turn the function off, I don't have anything pop up on the screen at stop signs.

The only time it has automatically shut the car off was when I was in a several minute stop and ease forward then stop again situation that lasted for about 3-5 minutes, the car shut off then but that has been it.

I figured maybe it was tied to vehicle break-in on the diesel. I just assumed that and haven't looked it up in the manual.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
The 2014 X3's auto start/stop also defaults to the last setting. I guess BMW is listening to what the customers want, or maybe they are just getting tired of reprogramming all the pre-2014 models.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 550i
Mine defaults to the last setting. I heard this is new for the 2014s. And yes, it's exactly how it needs to be set!
2014 550i M-Sport | Jet Black | Ivory White Nappa Leather w/ Black Dashboard | Anthracite Wood Trim | 19" 351M Performance Tires | Exec Package | Cold Weather Package | Lighting Package | Side and Top View Cameras | Parking Assistant

Delivered 8/13/13

Pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1002962...7635113807040/
Old 08-20-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrbck View Post
Sonic,

With the auto start/stop not turned off, mine has only automatically shut down one time. At stop lights and long stop sign waits I get the auto start/stop deactivated light pop up. When I manually turn the function off, I don't have anything pop up on the screen at stop signs.

The only time it has automatically shut the car off was when I was in a several minute stop and ease forward then stop again situation that lasted for about 3-5 minutes, the car shut off then but that has been it.

I figured maybe it was tied to vehicle break-in on the diesel. I just assumed that and haven't looked it up in the manual.
The manual contains a list of conditions where the ASS setting will be overridden, such as high outside temps where the A/C needs to be working at a certain level. That list of conditions is longer than I expected. They put some thought into the implementation. I don't use it much, but it feels smoother than the pre-LCI implementation.
Glad to hear they changed the factory ASS to "last setting".
Coded myself: Turn off power when opening door, ASS off by default, Enable turn signals in HUD, DVD in Motion, Transfer telephone ringtone to car, Enable tire pressure and temperature display in iDrive. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer, Disable Rear/Side camera disclaimers.
20/80 Highway/City

Last edited by Sonicendeavor; 08-20-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 PM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Mercedes ECO start/stop seems to be a lot more seamless than BMW. Startup was almost instant.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
Mercedes ECO start/stop seems to be a lot more seamless than BMW. Startup was almost instant.
The LCI implementation is faster and smoother than before. No more feeling like you got rear ended. It should be a no brainier by now since this feature has been around for 20+ years.
I'd be interested in a comparison of MB to the LCI to see if BMW has caught up in this area.
20/80 Highway/City