Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 Z4
Storm Sandy results in one less Z4 on the road -- now some leftovers for sale

Well, I think the title pretty much says it all. But for those curious, my beloved 2004 Z4 roadster was flooded as a result of Hurricane Sandy and has since been totaled by my insurance company. I'm still in the process of "negotiating" the residual value based on all of the upgrades I had installed in her (K40, etc.). Sigh...

But I do have some leftover parts that I had either purchased for her and either never gotten around to installing or had previously removed. I'll be posting everything on eBay in the coming week or two, but wanted to give this forum first crack. I'm not looking to get rich on any of this, more just clear out the closet and garage space as I figure out what to get next. (No, it won't be another Z4.)

So if anyone is interested, just PM me. I have some pictures I can provide. Again everything is best reasonable offer.

REMAINING ITEMS

5. Center console storage bin. When I removed the BMW CD changer, I had ordered this plastic storage box to take it's place. This one has a small nick in one corner but is otherwise in perfect shape.
7. Spec Dock. Again, recently removed but in perfect working order.
8. Trunk insert. This is a little hard to explain, but if you are familiar with the trunk of the roadsters (maybe the coupes, too -- I don't know them), there is an area closest to the rear of the car that is about 2 to 3 inches lower than the rest of the trunk. This insert has a storage area and cover that fills the space and makes the entire trunk one level. I have pictures if that doesn't make any sense. Cover is missing so this is free for the cost of shipping if anyone is interested
9. Memory retainer. This is a small device powered off of a battery that plugs into the cigarette lighter which will retain radio codes, etc. if you disconnect the car's battery. Never used.
10. Engine air filter, never used. I had a K&N installed and the stealership gave me the extra filter at her last maintenance appointment.
14. Standard factory ashtray insert (removed when the above was installed).

NEW ITEMS

16. BMW factory jack.
17. BMW M Mobility kit (air compressor + goo which runs off of the cigarette lighter). I swapped out the runflats for conventional tires and didn't like the idea of being totally stranded (even with roadside assistance from my insurance. Both of these items are obviously heavy so a local buyer would be best.
18. Another weird item. You know the "ugly" spaces around the convertible top when it's down? Well, I had purchased two plastic cover plates that hide them. I only used them once or twice and honestly thought it was more of a hassle than anything else -- I'm just being honest here -- but I suppose if you leave the top down for extended periods it might make sense. They come with a cover bag which I had stored in the trunk when not in use. I'll snap a picture of them in the morning and post it so people have an idea of what I'm talking about.
19. 2004 Owner's Manual with all booklets and cover/case.

Thanks for looking and to all those who still have their babies, enjoy them because you never know what can happen. :-(

Thanks to everyone for looking, I'll be posting the remaining items on eBay shortly.

- Daniel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	conv top cover 1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	351574   Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk insert.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	351575  

Last edited by courtier; 12-15-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Updating List of Items Available
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2012, 12:55 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
#3, #12, and #13 - I'm definitely interested in these but have no idea how much the last two items are worth.

#8 - Pics would be appreciated.

PM sent.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Old 11-27-2012, 03:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i, 1998 Z3
I have to ask, you're in Boston and your car was flooded during Hurricane Sandy? Where was the car? I'm just south of town and didn't get much weather at all during the storm.

Sorry that your car was lost. Good luck with the next one.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM

Well, the "incident" happened in Chelsea. I live in Boston and have a heated garage spot in my condo building which suffered no ill effects from the storm. But I was leaving for an international flight soon after Sandy hit and had to get some last minute supplies on Tuesday night before I left. That turned into a very costly trip when I ran into Lake Erie on the streets north of Boston.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 Z4 3.0i
how much for the car cover shipped to 93612?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: 98 z3 2.8
Wonder if the floormats fit a z3? Probably a stupid question.....but if they do, I am interested.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 PM

UPS and FedEx are claiming about $20 to ship to the continental US. (It's an odd-sized box.) I paid about $90 and they are still brand new in the box. So let's say $70 ($50 + $20) shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptop85 View Post
how much for the car cover shipped to 93612?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:27 PM

To be honest I really have no idea. I don't know anyone with a Z3 so I've never seen what their floor mats look like. But if you're interested, they're $70 shipped to the 48 states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmabry123 View Post
Wonder if the floormats fit a z3? Probably a stupid question.....but if they do, I am interested.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 Z4 3.0i Sport
I'm kind of interested in the Intravee and the spec dock, why was it that you removed them?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 PM

To be perfectly candid, both of those items were in the car at the time of the incident. The Intravee was mounted in the trunk (which never saw any water) and the Spec Dock was up front but was above the level of the water. I tested them before I removed them (knowing I'd never get much $ from the insurance company for having installed them) and both were working fine. But I'm letting you know in full disclosure.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM

Thank you to everyone who purchased items from my former baby. I'm trying to think of her as a generous organ donor whose spirit lives on through some happy cars (and owners). Based on sales through this forum and subsequent auctions on eBay, I'm down to two last items. One is a factory jack and the other is a Spec Dock specifically for Z4's. I'm going to offer both here one last time and if there are no bites, I'll dispose of them.

1. Spec Dock. Shipped for $40. Includes Apple charging adapter. Original cost $170.

2. Factory jack. Shipped for $50. (Sorry, it's heavy.) Original cost $144.

Please PM me as I'm no longer checking the forum on an active basis. Thanks again and happy motoring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dock.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	356835  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 Coupe and 2003 Z4
I will take the jack..(sent a pm)
Old 01-13-2013, 06:09 AM
S54=Living on the Edge

Mein Auto: 2007 M Coupe, 2004 Audi T
I'll take the Spec Dock and Apple charging adapter. PM me with PayPal info. Tx.
Euro headers w/relocated sensors|RPI scoop|K&N panel filter|KW V3s|OEM Strut Brace|RE RSMs|Zeckhausen CDV|SpeedBleeders|Stoptech Brake Lines|StopTech 4-pot BBK all around|SSR GT2-H 19x8.5/19x10|Potenza RE-11s
Texas Mile (March, 2010): 155.4 mph
Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 PM

All items have now been spoken for. Happy driving to all you (current) Z4 owners.