Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-29-2014, 03:10 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Mein Auto: BMW ActiveHybrid 5,BMW X3
New 2015 X3 xDrive28i

I bought my Daughter a new X3 since both her and my wife's 2013 X3's were coming out of lease. I plan on buying my wife an X5 sometime in February. This one has a lot more loading than her old X3.
Sorry for bad pics, taken at my current renovation project.
2015 X3
Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Sand Beige Nevada Leather
Burl Walnut Wood Trim with Pearl Gloss Chrome highlight
Premium Package
Driver Assistance Package
Navigation System
Heated Front Seats

2013 X3
Vermillion Red Metallic
Beige Leatherette/Sensatec
Aluminum/Silver Painted Plastic
Cold Weather I
Navigation System
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2467.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	483879   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2466.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	483880   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2451.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	483881   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2459.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	483882   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2462.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	483883  

Name:	IMG_2469.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	483884  

Last edited by Patelsohum98; 01-03-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2014, 03:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW X3
Interesting to see a slight dent on your air bag cover. My car came with a more noticeable one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot_1414.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	483995  
Old 12-30-2014, 10:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3
Nice car! Your daughter is lucky to have you for a parent!

My daughter and son-in-law had to settle for my old 2005 CRV (still runs like a tank at 150K miles) and I recently got one of my sons a 2003 Acura CL-S--a steal with 70K miles, immaculately maintained. I told him he didn't deserve a car that nice...
2012 Subaru WRX Premium (stolen and totalled by thieves)
2005 BMW Z4 3.0 (retired)
2005 Honda CR-V (retired--given to daughter)
2003 Honda Accord Coupe (retired)
2003 Subaru Outback 2.5 (retired--ex-wife got)
1986 Saab 900 (retired)
1985 Audi 80 (retired)
1977 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback (retired)
Old 12-30-2014, 02:28 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTL View Post
Interesting to see a slight dent on your air bag cover. My car came with a more noticeable one.
Something little like that I'm not going to complain about. Both my wife's and my daughters 2013 X3's came with scratches on the front windshield, right in the driver's line of vision. It was the BMW car wash fault, and my old SA told me not to worry about it . I have made sure since then that I hand wash my ActiveHybrid (no scratches) and my X5 when it gets delivered. The X3 will sit in Tulsa and my daughter takes it to BMW there, but I've told her to make sure they don't wash it.

Doctor Jeff
Thank you! Your CRV sounds like my old 2001 X5 still ran like it had just came out of the factory at 150k when I sold it, I bought her the first X3 when she got her scholarship to the University of Tulsa.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Long Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patelsohum98 View Post
I bought my Daughter a new X3 since both her and my wife's 2013 X3's were coming out of lease. I plan on buying my wife an X5 sometime in February. This one has a lot more loading than her old X3.

2015 X3
Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Premium Package
Navigation System
Heated Front Seats

2013 X3
Vermillion Red Metallic
Cold Weather I
Navigation System
You brought your daughter a New BMW? Wow, you are a nice parent! Most parents would either help their kids buy a used car like a civic. Are you adopting any kids? cause I am in! lol
Old 12-30-2014, 08:15 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY_CHRISSY View Post
You brought your daughter a New BMW? Wow, you are a nice parent! Most parents would either help their kids buy a used car like a civic. Are you adopting any kids? cause I am in! lol
Haha, Thank you. I'm not adopting kids I have only one more year before my last one goes to college and my daughter enters Medical School. I actually got a really great deal, $542/month with only $5,500 down. And since I got Wheel and Tire Protection they cut my first months payment in half.

Last edited by Patelsohum98; 12-30-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:21 PM

Mein Auto:
How did you negociate the price?
Old 12-30-2014, 08:33 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzl25 View Post
How did you negociate the price?
Didn't have to, my SA sat down with me, we looked at options, found one in Houston that could be traded and he gave me the price I liked/wanted. I left BMW that day with the financial paperwork and a contract agreeing that I would buy the car. He is the best SA in the midwest and has won a lot of awards apparently. When I sat at his desk there were a lot of plaques sitting behind him. I am going back to him after new years to work on my X5. Around this time of year, dealers are desperate to get rid of on lot inventory, you can get crazy discounts. I'm being offered $6,600 off MSRP on a 2015 X5 which is a brand new and very popular model. Even the X3, which just had an LCI, he gave me -$4,500 off MSRP before he started working out the lease payment.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Haha, Thank you. I'm not adopting kids I have only one more year before my last one goes to college and my daughter enters Medical School. I actually got a really great deal, $542/month with only $5,500 down. And since I got Wheel and Tire Protection they cut my first months payment in half.

Oh, it is a lease? I thought you brought the car. That is a lot of money down for a lease. IMO.

Last edited by HAPPY_CHRISSY; 12-31-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535 xdrive
Yeah not a good idea to put money down on a lease, better off going with multiple security deposits, which lower the money factor...
Old 12-31-2014, 06:09 AM

Mein Auto: 320i ZSP/6MT & X3 28i
Quote:

2015 X3
Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Premium Package
Navigation System
Heated Front Seats

2013 X3
Vermillion Red Metallic
Cold Weather I
Navigation System
Beautiful car, I love the look of Deep Sea Blue on the X3.

If you don't mind my asking, why did you choose a lease for your daughter's car? Its always been my opinion that students and leases don't mix well - the lease terms never seem to match up with finishing a program and starting the next phase in life. I'm not questioning your judgement, just curious as to your thought process on why you decide to lease instead of purchase...
Old 12-31-2014, 12:01 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpaul View Post
Beautiful car, I love the look of Deep Sea Blue on the X3.

If you don't mind my asking, why did you choose a lease for your daughter's car? Its always been my opinion that students and leases don't mix well - the lease terms never seem to match up with finishing a program and starting the next phase in life. I'm not questioning your judgement, just curious as to your thought process on why you decide to lease instead of purchase...
[/QUOTE]Yeah not a good idea to put money down on a lease, better off going with multiple security deposits, which lower the money factor..[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Oh, it is a lease? I thought you brought the car. That is a lot of money down for a lease. IMO.[/QUOTE]

A mistake I don't intend on making again. But IMO, I don't know if the quality control at BMW has changed, but my last X3's did have quality issues. Wind noise at high speeds and a large clatter from the engine at startup. And the Aluminum Trim was fading on the passenger side rear door I don't know if this X3 is built to last. I would have bought back the 2013, but the price without any warranty or service packages was $26,400, add any packages it would have gone to $33,000. Would rather lease a new vehicle than buy an old one that might have issue down the road. Also it was better lease credit. If everything goes well with this car, I might buy it back. I know when my son goes to college I am buying his car, not leasing.

Last edited by Patelsohum98; 12-31-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: 320i ZSP/6MT & X3 28i
Yeah not a good idea to put money down on a lease, better off going with multiple security deposits, which lower the money factor..[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Oh, it is a lease? I thought you brought the car. That is a lot of money down for a lease. IMO.[/QUOTE]

A mistake I don't intend on making again. But IMO, I don't know if the quality control at BMW has changed, but my last X3's did have quality issues. Wind noise at high speeds and a large clatter from the engine at startup. And the Aluminum Trim was fading on the passenger side rear door I don't know if this X3 is built to last. I would have bought back the 2013, but the price without any warranty or service packages was $26,400, add any packages it would have gone to $33,000. Would rather lease a new vehicle than buy an old one that might have issue down the road. Also it was better lease credit. If everything goes well with this car, I might buy it back. I know when my son goes to college I am buying his car, not leasing.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, thanks for the explanation
Old 01-01-2015, 01:44 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpaul View Post
Yeah not a good idea to put money down on a lease, better off going with multiple security deposits, which lower the money factor..

A mistake I don't intend on making again. But IMO, I don't know if the quality control at BMW has changed, but my last X3's did have quality issues. Wind noise at high speeds and a large clatter from the engine at startup. And the Aluminum Trim was fading on the passenger side rear door I don't know if this X3 is built to last. I would have bought back the 2013, but the price without any warranty or service packages was $26,400, add any packages it would have gone to $33,000. Would rather lease a new vehicle than buy an old one that might have issue down the road. Also it was better lease credit. If everything goes well with this car, I might buy it back. I know when my son goes to college I am buying his car, not leasing.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, thanks for the explanation [/QUOTE]

At least when the car comes off lease she will be on winter break and I can just write a check to BMW for it, or choose another car to lease/possibly buy. My wife's X3 was the same as my daughter's except for the color. We drove it 40,000 miles and it had squeaks and rattles coming
from different areas of the car. Unlike her previous X5's (except the diesel) which lasted us 100,000+ miles and still stood like tanks.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:10 PM

Oh, it is a lease? I thought you brought the car. That is a lot of money down for a lease. IMO.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, thanks for the explanation [/QUOTE]

At least when the car comes off lease she will be on winter break and I can just write a check to BMW for it, or choose another car to lease/possibly buy. My wife's X3 was the same as my daughter's except for the color. We drove it 40,000 miles and it had squeaks and rattles coming
from different areas of the car. Unlike her previous X5's (except the diesel) which lasted us 100,000+ miles and still stood like tanks.[/QUOTE]

If I had all these issues, I would have not even gone for another BMW. I would switch to another make, like Acura. At least you know you will not have any issues what so ever or just buy a Honda or something. That is a lot of money to waste if you are not too sure. just my opinion. Hopefully, you will not have any issues with your new BMW. I love the color you choose. i was going to get the blue but opt for the black instead since I keep/buy my cars till they don't run anymore. I like not having a monthly payment and don't care about having a new car every 3 years.

Last edited by HAPPY_CHRISSY; 01-01-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:36 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY_CHRISSY View Post

If I had all these issues, I would have not even gone for another BMW. I would switch to another make, like Acura. At least you know you will not have any issues what so ever or just buy a Honda or something. That is a lot of money to waste if you are not too sure. just my opinion. Hopefully, you will not have any issues with your new BMW. I love the color you choose. i was going to get the blue but opt for the black instead since I keep/buy my cars till they don't run anymore. I like not having a monthly payment and don't care about having a new car every 3 years.
I don't have these problems in my ActiveHybrid, Japanese cars, in my opinion aren't as safe as German cars. I have a feeling that if you got in a serious wreck in a Japanese car, you won't walk away unharmed IMO. Believe me, I don't like the monthly payments either, but I have set aside the money for BMW to take from my account each month. My son is getting ready to go to college next year and is thinking about the new Mercedes C-Class, makes sense, my first car was a 190E Mercedes. That I will be buying flat out from day 1. He can keep it until he finishes Medical School or it stops running (unlikely). The X3 is the only BMW that ever gave me issues, the rest were Tanks, hopefully this X3 is built better than the other two were. It was a learning experience and mistakes were made, I won't make the same mistake on my wife's F15 X5, I'll probably do a prepaid lease, or just buy the car. I don't know yet
Old 01-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto: X
^I agree in that German vehicles and Volvo when compared to Japanese and Korean vehicles would be safer in accidents. X5 F15 crash test results came out as good. On the other forum, I posted a thread where a say 24 yr old hit a bus. He walked and text after his accident. Suv/cuv would also fair better in a Tbone accident, too bad North America don't have round abouts as they would also save gas & time
Old 01-01-2015, 03:06 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona1 View Post
^I agree in that German vehicles and Volvo when compared to Japanese and Korean vehicles would be safer in accidents. X5 F15 crash test results came out as good. On the other forum, I posted a thread where a say 24 yr old hit a bus. He walked and text after his accident. Suv/cuv would also fair better in a Tbone accident, too bad North America don't have round abouts as they would also save gas & time
BMW magazine posted a story on where a guy got smashed between 2 18-wheelers in his E70 X5 and walked out with only a scratch on his finger.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 X3 35i M Sport DHP
Acura quality/reliability is nothing like it used to be.

The Germans, especially audi and bmw, have been getting much better over the last several years.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick2015 View Post
Acura quality/reliability is nothing like it used to be.

The Germans, especially audi and bmw, have been getting much better over the last several years.
I agree with your statement about german cars but apparently some folks don't feel that way even thought they leased another BMW. lol
Old 01-02-2015, 06:29 AM

Mein Auto: Honda Civic Si
Is xLine a separate package in the US?

In Canada, it's baked into the "premium package" which you really can't skip (includes power tailgate, pano sunroof, park distance control and reverse cam, as well as xLine). The car just doesn't look premium without it.

On the other hand, I love that color!! I'm on the verge of ordering mine and I can't decide whether to spend the extra $900 for blue rather than free black :P
Old 01-02-2015, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335i GT
Deep Sea Blue has to be one of the best colors for an X3. Unfortunately, one can't get that color if the X3 has the M Sport package.
2015 M3 Silverstone Metallic (on the Toledo)
Old 01-02-2015, 11:06 AM
BMW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordster View Post
Is xLine a separate package in the US?

In Canada, it's baked into the "premium package" which you really can't skip (includes power tailgate, pano sunroof, park distance control and reverse cam, as well as xLine). The car just doesn't look premium without it.

On the other hand, I love that color!! I'm on the verge of ordering mine and I can't decide whether to spend the extra $900 for blue rather than free black :P
Yes, xLine is a separate package in the US, if I had to change this car to a custom build, I would add it, technology package and surround view. If you love the color, then go for it, but if you have to choose xLine vs Deep Sea Blue, go with xLine.