Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Mein Auto: volvo V70 for now
Smile Rusty's in the club

OK-so I have ordered a 328i, sport line,6 MT,Mineral white metallic, Dakota grey leather,cold weather package, lighting package, summer tires, alarm. Should be in, I hope, by end of Feb.Was going to get black leatherette but I have one very dark car interior (Audi) and did not want that. Was not going to get the lighting pkg until I saw the post about driving challenges at night if you did not add it.
I can't say that I know what really good steering feels like (coming from a long line of Volvos and for goodness sake, an Audi!) but I am eager to see what it feels like. I found the Car and Driver December issue's article about BMW steering very interesting .
Thanks for the advice I have already received from you folks, and from reading the various posts.
PS-apropos of nothing just heard the best Christmas song-"I'm the man who slits the turkeys' throats for Christmas"-puts me in the Christmas mood.
Ads by Google
Old 12-24-2012, 08:46 AM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
congrats, must have felt good having been registered since 2004 and only making 8 posts.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:47 AM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by walla2 View Post
OK-so I have ordered a 328i, sport line,6 MT,Mineral white metallic, Dakota grey leather,cold weather package, lighting package, summer tires, alarm. Should be in, I hope, by end of Feb.Was going to get black leatherette but I have one very dark car interior (Audi) and did not want that. Was not going to get the lighting pkg until I saw the post about driving challenges at night if you did not add it.
I can't say that I know what really good steering feels like (coming from a long line of Volvos and for goodness sake, an Audi!) but I am eager to see what it feels like. I found the Car and Driver December issue's article about BMW steering very interesting .
Thanks for the advice I have already received from you folks, and from reading the various posts.
PS-apropos of nothing just heard the best Christmas song-"I'm the man who slits the turkeys' throats for Christmas"-puts me in the Christmas mood.
Congrats on the new order. I have the Everest Grey interior, you will really like it! What trim did you go with? Black/Red, Aluminum/Black? Did you get the Leather as a stand alone or with the Premium Package?

328i RWD 6 M/T - W/Summer Tires
Mineral White/Everest Grey
Sport Line
CWP (Cold Weather Package)
Xenons (Lighting Package)
Dakota Leather
Alarm

The sport package has the stiffer suspension and I see you have the Summer Tires that comes with the higher speed limiter, have you considered the Suspension Package?

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Congrats on the order of your new bimmer!

Quote:
LOL, I was sure this was going to be a Ted Nugent piece.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 12-24-2012, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the responses

Strange-I joined way back when because I thought I was going to buy a BMW-drove the 5 and the 3 and didn't come away thrilled.Then looked at a Volvo V70R with euro delivery and found it a good pkg. Than again last year looked at 3 and 5 and then found the Audi S4 and got that.Now looking at getting rid of a couple wagons and really liked the 3 series in the 328 mode, in part because wanted a less complicated car.Didn't post because of Forrest Gump's mama's saying-"if you don't have somethin good to say (about BMWs) don't say nothin at all".
I did consider the premium pkg but again, do want simple.Also considered the AWD version, but I have the S4. As to the suspension pkg, I read the thread about the various suspensions and felt wife and I can live with the stock sport suspension.If it is really harsh, we could always think about non-RFT.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:28 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Quote:
I did consider the premium pkg but again, do want simple.Also considered the AWD version, but I have the S4. As to the suspension pkg, I read the thread about the various suspensions and felt wife and I can live with the stock sport suspension.If it is really harsh, we could always think about non-RFT.
I considered the BMW in 2005 but bought an Acura TL because the 328i was on its last year and could not justify the premium cost at the time. However this time, I found the new F30 not only the most attractive BMW I have ever seen, but one of the most balanced drives I have ever experienced!

I personally ordered the Premium Package for the Comfort Access. As I was getting the Leather ($1,450) and Moon Roof ($1,050) anyways, the premium package was $600 more dollars and included the XM radio. The Comfort Access has become one of my favorite features! It allows me to open the trunk with just a kick of my foot (how many times are you hands full in the parking lot) and the hands free entry into the car is the best optional feature I use!

To clarify on the suspension: the sport package has a stiffer suspension in the RWD model only, the F30 has standard suspension in AWD. If you are getting the AWD version with summer tires (higher speed limiter), then the DHP (dynamic handling package) should be part of your consideration (note about the DHP: in the RWD version, it drops the car 10 mm (1/2") lower but stays the same height in AWD). I have the sport package in AWD with all season RFT tires and feel the ride is quite smooth and handles well for my driving taste although some here think it is too soft. The new run flats are far superior to those of even a couple of years ago. That being said, drive the Sport version RWD (1) remembering that it does have 18" wheels, (2) that the summer tires vs, all season run flats is not that great (3) so make sure the sport suspension works for you.

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Old 12-25-2012, 02:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i xDrive, 2014 X1
I'm thinking about ordering a very similar car. Right down to getting leather without the premium package. The CA told me I wouldn't get power door locks without the package. I checked the standard features on the web and it appears he is correct. Does anyone know if that is true as I have found other mistakes with both the CA and the web?
Old 12-25-2012, 05:22 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs View Post
I'm thinking about ordering a very similar car. Right down to getting leather without the premium package. The CA told me I wouldn't get power door locks without the package. I checked the standard features on the web and it appears he is correct. Does anyone know if that is true as I have found other mistakes with both the CA and the web?
You get a remote with lock/unlock/trunk open standard: (Central locking system with center console switch (leaves gas filler door unlocked) double-lock feature and 2-step unlocking). The comfort access is the locking/unlocking feature by the touch of the handle and the trunk opening with the "foot kick." Comfort Access is not available as a stand alone option, you must order the Premium Package which contains Leather, Moon roof, Comfort Access and XM Radio.

I see you drive "Nothing Fun." I came from an Acura TL and the 328i is certainly "More Fun!" Where do you live for the CWP and are you considering the RWD or AWD? I ask because I live in Michigan and only got the heated seats.

Last edited by kpgray; 12-25-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:21 PM

I live in Syracuse, NY. I'm 90% sure today I'm ordering RWD as I've talked myself into not needing AWD. I've settled on the following I think.

328i Sport Line
Jet Black
Lighting package
Cold weather package
Sport auto or 6 MT (wife factor)
Coral red leather

I just want a cool sports car. I'm 50 and spent my life driving the sensible car and now I want something fun to drive. I work for a guy that is a real enthusiast and had never owned RWD so that's how I made that decision in Syracuse, NY.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:23 PM

Trying to reply to kpgray, guess I need to work on that
Old 12-25-2012, 08:32 PM

OK my spidey senses are tingling

I THINK what has been said is that the runflat summer tires are rougher/noisier/worser with the Sport Line than are the all-season? I keep hearing that the latest runflats are much improved so is this really a worry? And my S4 has 19 summers and while not runflats, the 19s are not bad even on our local streets.
Awaiting enlightenment.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Quote:
I THINK what has been said is that the runflat summer tires are rougher/noisier/worser with the Sport Line than are the all-season? I keep hearing that the latest runflats are much improved so is this really a worry? And my S4 has 19 summers and while not runflats, the 19s are not bad even on our local streets.
Awaiting enlightenment.
I can't claim that I know the answer to that question. But, it does seem counterintuitive since summer performance tires are made of softer rubber than the all season tires.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 AM
328i xDrive Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs View Post
I live in Syracuse, NY. I'm 90% sure today I'm ordering RWD as I've talked myself into not needing AWD. I've settled on the following I think.

328i Sport Line
Jet Black
Lighting package
Cold weather package
Sport auto or 6 MT (wife factor)
Coral red leather

I just want a cool sports car. I'm 50 and spent my life driving the sensible car and now I want something fun to drive. I work for a guy that is a real enthusiast and had never owned RWD so that's how I made that decision in Syracuse, NY.
Looks like a nice combination. If you get the RWD, the standard tires are Summer but being in New York the dealer may put the All Season tires. The Summer tires include a higher speed limiter and the summer tires are Z rated soft tires and will only get 30K miles. Make sure to specify what you want! What trim on the dash are you considering with the coral interior? Have you looked at the BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB ($650) or the BMW Apps ($250)http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ndOptions.aspx The enhanced Bluetooth connects with your phone. From a performance standpoint, many on this site are raving about the DHP (Dynamic Handling Package $1,000) with has the button that gives you sport or comfort settings for the ride but it also lowers the car 10 mm (1/2") so it gives a much sportier look with the wheels tucked in the wheel wells a little deeper (RWD Only).

On BMW Configurator website your combo works out to $43,695 MSRP ($40,410 Invoice). The goal is to be $500-$1,000 over invoice. The F30 with the sport package is such a beautiful car, good choice!

Last edited by kpgray; 12-26-2012 at 06:33 AM.