Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
CPO lease rates and residuals?

Just curious...

How can someone find the lease rates on CPO vehicles? I'm assuming they are not that great as I don't see a lot of people talking about CPO leasing. Maybe I'm wrong.

It's interesting to see the price of some previously stratospheric cars like an M6, fully under warranty for the term of a lease as they are CPO. Are these not attractive deals when written? You'd think with the residual hit they've already taken that they'd actually be a steal.

Anyone go this route and care to share?
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaMomo View Post
Just curious...

How can someone find the lease rates on CPO vehicles? I'm assuming they are not that great as I don't see a lot of people talking about CPO leasing. Maybe I'm wrong.

It's interesting to see the price of some previously stratospheric cars like an M6, fully under warranty for the term of a lease as they are CPO. Are these not attractive deals when written? You'd think with the residual hit they've already taken that they'd actually be a steal.

Anyone go this route and care to share?
They are all "one-off" leases. Standard lease rates and dealer has a calculate a residual which comes off a table of values by model and year. Generally CPO leases suck, but occasionally there are a few cars that happen to lease well.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i