Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 03-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
F150 Ecoboost

I've been smittin with the new 3.5L DI TT F150. My wife is bugging me to get into "one car" vs my two BMW's; E90 garage queen and E39 DD. Insurance in FL is high and paying for a 3rd car's insurance and maintenance is seroius. Not to mention we now have a 8 month old baby and I work 24/7 it seems. So I've successfully put 11k on my E90 in almost 4yrs. And 15k on my E39 in 7 months. Driving the 335i daily is just not practical. I'm seriously debating selling both BMW's and buying a brand new '13, or whenever it happens, F150 4 door, short bed 4x4 Lariat or FX4 with the 3.5L TT engine and adjustable power pedals as my wife is 5' and when we had those on my F250 it was a awsome feature! I know there is a issue out about them building up water in the intercooler. And the TSB re-flash not exactly a fix but a band-aid. So I'm watching this issue with eagle eyes to see how it plays out. And there is rumors GM and Ford are coming out with 8spd Auto's in response to Ram's ZF 8spd this year. So I'm not exactly running out the door to do this. But having one, automatic, practical truck with 4 doors would really be nice. And I'd get a white or silver and park it outside being it would not fit in my garage (yes, these are the details of car buying in FL! Light colors are much cooler and last longer!). So we'd pickup that 3rd car garage space we've been looking for so we could stay at our current house longer. Just breaks my heart to sell my two beloved BMW's. I've never been this attached to vhicles except these two BMW's. But the business cheap side of me says do it and invest and save the savings.

This is all pending I even like the trucks on the test drive. And maintenance of ONE, NEW F150 vs two older, 1x old e39 and 1x mod'd e90 is drastic. F150 is a fraction of the cost of keeping up these 2x BMW's. New F150 doesn't even have power steering. It's EAS. So P/S hoses, fluid, etc are non-existent. Trans is sealed for life. (I know... 100k). Diff's are syn life lube unless you off-road or tow a lot. Oil changes are the usual 7.5k +/- and only require regular oil. Burns 87 cheap gas... I mean from every aspect it's cheaper to have 1x new F150 vs the 2x BMW's I have.

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.

Last edited by FLE39; 03-17-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
1 Ford is cheaper to own than 2 BMW. Who'd a guessed.

Next up, the high cost of dating women vs just owning a dog.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
^lmfao.

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.