Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party

Cars - Private Party
Do you have a car for sale? Are you looking for a new BMW? Check here daily as well as searching on craigslist and eBay Motors

Old 11-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
FS: 2009 335d in Texas - $24k

Price: $24k
Miles: 32,054

Description: Original owner, purchased around October of 2009. Car was in a minor accident a few months after purchasing it. What happened is while sitting in traffic a person hit the back of the car and their front license plate cut the rear bumper cover. Due to the cut the insurance company paid for a new BMW cover and for it to be repainted to match the car. I have had this car inspected multiple times for possible trade-ins at dealerships and repeatedly been told they can find zero evidence of any wreck. Regardless it has the CarFax ding that says "minor wreck" and based upon what I have seen other similar cars listed for and based upon what dealers have offered, I have priced this to reflect the history of the wreck. I do have pictures that I took when the damage was done, no structural damage happened. The car is in perfect condition presently, just collecting dust in our garage.
Only actual problems we have had with the car is one sensor failed, rear brake light went out and panel that houses the controls for the sunroof snapped out of place, all were replaced under warranty. We thought early on we had other issues with the car but turned out to be entirely related to the first dealership we were using and since switching to another dealership 2+ years ago everything has been fine. Our daily commute sees a lot of traffic and due to that causes average speeds per tanks to be around 30 mph and with that said the average fuel economy during ownership for this has been 29.5 mpg. The car will exceed 40mpg with solid freeway driving, not too shabby for a 265hp / 425 tq vehicle. I have to log all fillups and trips for work reasons so could provide a log showing all fillups for this that includes brand fuel, which initially was always Shell then switched to Chevron, I think just once a different brand was used when we used the car once for a road trip. The car is still under the original warranty/maintenance and is due for its next oil change(which is free at the dealer) this January or in 1700 miles, whichever comes first.

Reason for selling: This is my wife's car and we have not had a real need for it in over 2 years due to work moving her to a location that enabled us to carpool. We have just been keeping this around as a backup vehicle. Soon we will be moving inside the loop and drastically lowering our commuting needs so see no point in keeping this car around for that.

Exterior Color: Barbera Red
Exterior Condition: It has no dents/dings and just a couple of chips in the paint. Far less than would be expected for age/miles. The wheels have some very minor chips in their paint, not curb rash and not something that really is noticeable except when cleaning the car. Three of the tires were replaced roughly 5k miles ago and the 4th was not due to still being in great condition since had been replaced due to a flat tire. I do have roughly 22 months left on an unlimited mileage Auto Nation wheel/tire warranty that I believe is transferable. Tires are Continental run flats. There are some random slight swirls in the paint from I guess dealer washes but I have yet to try to wax/polish the car this year which is why they are still visible.

Interior Color: Beige
Interior Condition: Has no rips/tears and do not recall a single stain in the cabin. There is a black mark on the trunk carpet that I have not tried to remove, it showed up a few months ago. Have been pretty religious about keeping the interior clean and kept protectors on the backs of the front seats and one under the toddler's seat in the back. There is some slight scratching in the window tinting, I had the dealer redo the tinting once and it came right back so did not try again, it is not an eye sore or anything.

Options: Car was only ordered with the metallic paint option. It though did get the factory alarm installed by the dealership when they tinted the windows. I do have a BT cable that is married to the car so will include that with the car. The dealer did tell me it is pre-wired for satellite radio.

I can email the attached pictures in a higher resolution or will take any additional pictures upon request. The car is financed so if a cash buyer then will need to deal with that but if buyer is financing then should not be any additional issues when going through their bank/credit union/whatever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7486_resized.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	351309   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1370_resized.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	351310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0497_resized.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	351311   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4486_resized.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	351312   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3076_resized.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	351313  

Name:	IMG_3861_resized.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	351314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0141_resized.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	351315   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5105_resized.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	351316   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9389_resized.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	351317  

Last edited by Snipe656; 01-05-2013 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 AM

Is this car sold yet

let me know
thks
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballfreak View Post
let me know
thks
It is still available.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 AM

Can you tell me the options on this car and the repair cost
of the damage to the rear. Do you have pictures of the damage
Let me know. My email is barry.shah@gmail.com
thks
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballfreak View Post
Can you tell me the options on this car and the repair cost
of the damage to the rear. Do you have pictures of the damage
Let me know. My email is barry.shah@gmail.com
thks
Maybe I described things poorly but the car has zero damages, nothing needs repairing and my pictures posted are how it looks today. It had been in a minor wreck 2.5 years ago but everything was repaired then. As I mentioned in my description it has been inspected for trade in purposes and they could not find any signs of that wreck ever having happened. So because it had been in a wreck and now has that on its Carfax I priced the car using the trade in offer I was last given instead of what KBB says. KBB says it should be higher than I am asking. I also looked on Autotrader and saw similar cars with 30-40k more miles and asking a little more than what I am asking. So I think my asking price is pretty reasonable.

Only options it has is the metallic paint and factory alarm. Of course since it is a 335 it has a few more standard features than say a 328

I will shoot you an email when I am back on a computer.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:01 AM

This is a picture of what the damage looked like for the wreck back in January of 2010. As I mentioned above this was all completely fixed and people who have inspected the car have mentioned how they can find no signs of any wreck ever happening. The replacement piece was a brand new BMW part and the work was down by Rapid Body a certified BMW body shop in North Houston area. I did find the estimate from Geico for this and cost $974.46 on that estimate.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rear Bumper 05-Jan-2010_resized.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	351450  

Last edited by Snipe656; 11-30-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: engrish
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM

Lowered price to $24k
Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 AM
hang up and drive!

Mein Auto: 335d
Snipe,

Have you got a quote from CarMax?

Sometimes they can surprise you. I had them quote on selling two cars and I took them up on the 2008 Chevy Tahoe. It was just collecting dust in the garage. They came in very close to what i could have realistically gotten for it, without all of the hassle. It was real easy.

They also quoted my 2006 Volvo and they offered more than my local Volvo offered me for trade in. I didn't end up selling that one yet, willmost likely trade in on my next Diesel Wagon.

2010 Black 335D Sport/Premium, Michelin PSS 235/265
2000 Silver Z3 3.0i (Ret)
1999 Silver R1200C (Ret)
1968 Black 1600 Coupe (Ret)
Old 01-25-2013, 03:56 AM
diesel evangelist

Mein Auto: Camry hybrid + MB e300D-T
Your car looks very nice. I wish I had the budget for it right now.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingman View Post
Snipe,

Have you got a quote from CarMax?

Sometimes they can surprise you. I had them quote on selling two cars and I took them up on the 2008 Chevy Tahoe. It was just collecting dust in the garage. They came in very close to what i could have realistically gotten for it, without all of the hassle. It was real easy.

They also quoted my 2006 Volvo and they offered more than my local Volvo offered me for trade in. I didn't end up selling that one yet, willmost likely trade in on my next Diesel Wagon.
I am getting a quote from the dealer, Carmax and Texas Direct probably next week. Been putting it off until needing to drive the car and it is due for an oil change so now I have a need. It has been to Carmax before but that is back when we were originally wanting to replace the car over just selling it. So will see what is offered this time around now that a few months have passed.

Last edited by Snipe656; 01-25-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 PM

Sold the car today to Texas Direct
Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 AM

Mein Auto: lotus
I was a little late to buy this but I'm curious what you sold it for. I may try to make an offer to TDA.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:56 AM

Not much less than I had been asking in all my online ads. I will shoot you the exact price. I see the car is already listed on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3...item565384eb5e
Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM

Mein Auto: 335d, FJR1300
I'v got essencially the same car for sale but with 94K miles. If interested let me know. If you do a search on Milwaukee Craigslist you will see it.