Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 04-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 528i
OMG Hell froze over!

Dropped my car off to the dealer to get my "in between" oil change. Did the "summer package", check all the stuff, rotate tires, oil change, check battery, blah blah blah. For $140. They called me back and said my car was done and everything checks out. Woot! Wow, first time ever this happened. Usually they tell me I need this or that.

Just turned 53k miles. Every fluid was changed so far, with exception of differential and tranny. I will drop it off with my next oil change at 60k to my trusty indy.

BTW, They gave me 2014 328d as a loaner wow that thing was a turd! I liked the interior and all, but the driving experience SUCKED. What a difference from I6 engine. Doesn't even compare. It felt like I was driving expensive car with a lawnmower engine in it. Granted my 528i is no rocketship, I don't care about that, but geesshhh.... those 328d engines sound and just feel AWFUL! Car was uncomfortable, felt small, arm rest was in weird position. It just didn't feel good at all. I wonder how 4 series feel. Coming from e60 to almost same size new 3 series, I was not impressed at all.
Ads by Google
Old 04-14-2014, 06:47 PM

Mein Auto: Volvo 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxym View Post
Dropped my car off to the dealer to get my "in between" oil change. Did the "summer package", check all the stuff, rotate tires, oil change, check battery, blah blah blah. For $140. They called me back and said my car was done and everything checks out. Woot! Wow, first time ever this happened. Usually they tell me I need this or that.

Just turned 53k miles. Every fluid was changed so far, with exception of differential and tranny. I will drop it off with my next oil change at 60k to my trusty indy.

BTW, They gave me 2014 328d as a loaner wow that thing was a turd! I liked the interior and all, but the driving experience SUCKED. What a difference from I6 engine. Doesn't even compare. It felt like I was driving expensive car with a lawnmower engine in it. Granted my 528i is no rocketship, I don't care about that, but geesshhh.... those 328d engines sound and just feel AWFUL! Car was uncomfortable, felt small, arm rest was in weird position. It just didn't feel good at all. I wonder how 4 series feel. Coming from e60 to almost same size new 3 series, I was not impressed at all.

Interesting. I didn't feel the car was a turd at all, when you compare it with other cars with similar fuel mileage. But I really didn't care for how it drove compared to the 528i I also drove. I am going to drive a few more, at some different dealers, but I felt much more at home in the 528 ( 2008) and like I had a LOT more car. The 3 series just isn't a car for me.

What I will say, is that initially the 528 I drove had a few too many miles, and was baseline. I wanted some more bells and whistels. But after reading some of the stuff abut the trannies here, it might have been a very good choice. That tranny didn't do anything funky. It was very smooth, AND the whole history of the car was with that dealership, and a local seller who would probably tell me all about it.