Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:37 PM

Mein Auto: 328 i M Sport
Delivery day advice

Hey guys, soon to be new 328 M Sport owner here. I've been a GM guy all my life but trying something different for a change. My car has been built and is waiting in SA to be put on a ship to the northeast. I was wondering if I can get some advice on what to expect my dealer to hit me with on delivery day as far as extended warranties and additional costs that I should know about. It would be nice to know if anything they may offer would be worth thinking about or just a waste of money. Also concerned about them charging me for some stupid dealer what not fees that I wasn't expecting. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Kind of new to this process. Thanks, Mark
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sedan
I'm expecting mine in few weeks too. I read in some thread about what the dealer tries to sell.. Like extended warranty, tire insurance, etc.
The extended warranty can be bought right before it expires so I'm not going to get anything.
Only thing I will ask for is the holiday season promotion to discount $1k off if you're leasing for financing. I'm financing so I'm going to try hard to get it.
Not sure what others will advise but at least this is my plan.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Old 11-30-2012, 06:08 AM
Apay Kapoy

Mein Auto: 13 335i 02RSX5MT 06ML350
My delivery day advice...BEFORE signing.
Inspect it front to back, inside and out then test drive it.
Ask for something but be reasonable...like wheel locks or tint or all weather mats, $1K off might be too much but $500 maybe.
The financial manager before he finalizes your sale/receipt (after you have settled on a price with your Client Advisor) will attempt to sell you or put on your sales contract any/all of the following....Documentary Fee, Wheel & Tire Protection, Paintless Dent Repair Service, Appearance Protection, Windshield Protection, Gap Insurance, Extended Service Warranty, Rust Protection, VIN etching, etc. READ THE FINE PRINT of the documents and bring a calculator so you have a good idea of what you are paying for. Remember that some or maybe all of these prices ARE negotiable...if you need or want any of above (do your research coz most you do not need and are a waste of money)....DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE.
Good luck!
My 1st BMW-bought fr inbound inventory: Munich 2013 F30 335i, RWD, Alpine White, Black Leather, M-Sport Line/Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Prem Pkg, Tech Pkg, 403M (Potenza S001 RFT 225/40, 255/35 R19), Sport auto w/paddle shifters, Heated front seats, Harman Kardon, Aluminum Hex Trim matte EB accent, Anthracite headliner
Std: Xenon Adaptive Headlights/Sunroof/Alarm
Mods: Tint/DIY lower intake grill guard/ASS recoded
25K mi Oct14
Hergestellt in Deutschland
Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
Hey guys, soon to be new 328 M Sport owner here. I've been a GM guy all my life but trying something different for a change. My car has been built and is waiting in SA to be put on a ship to the northeast. I was wondering if I can get some advice on what to expect my dealer to hit me with on delivery day as far as extended warranties and additional costs that I should know about. It would be nice to know if anything they may offer would be worth thinking about or just a waste of money. Also concerned about them charging me for some stupid dealer what not fees that I wasn't expecting. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Kind of new to this process. Thanks, Mark
First off, congrats and welcome aboard.

Say "no" to all the offers for additional insurance and such. If you drive in NYC a lot and have had potholes take out tires or wheels, consider insurance for that if your auto policy doesn't cover it. I live here, I never have issues with my BMW's.

Ask your dealer for free winter floor mats. A set of 4 mats is a known throw-in as a "thank you" as you take your car. You just need to ask for them, saying "my friend got a BMW and he got free winter mats....I need mine too" and they'll give them to you just around the time they ask you to give them all top scores on the phone survey.

Lastly, there's a feature on the car called Auto Stop/Start which shuts the engine off when you stop moving to save you fuel. There's a service bulletin that allows you to have BMW update the code on the car to remember the last setting so that if you turn it "off" the car remembers it when you turn it back on. Otherwise, every time you restart the car, maybe 10x a day, every time you need to hit a button to turn ASS off.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 11-30-2012, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport
I've negotiated my OTD price before ordering. I will be saying NO to everything they try to upsell. I'll ask for winter mats. Hopefully they have the sport red highlight mats. I'll get light tints come summertime on my own. Where I live it costs about as much as the mats.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:30 PM

Great feedback guys thank you very much. Didn't know about the holiday incentive, floor mats, service bulletin, or the negotiation on the extras. This is the kind of stuff that I need to be armed with when I go to write the big check. I hope to be able to contribute to the site in the future seems to be a lot of knowledgable F30 owners here. Thanks again, Mark
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM

Mein Auto: Infiniti
New Here

I am shopping a 2013 328iX sedan with the M package. I was quoted a price of $41,700 PLUS for a White with Black Leatherete. Heated seats, Blue tooth headset, Moonroof. Build comes to $44,795 and includes $1000 Holiday cash but I have to finance through BMW at 3.89 %

Does this seem like a decent price ?

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this queston but is there a way to turn auto start/stop off so the car doesn't turn off in traffic ?

This will be my first BMW, anything I need to know.................current Infiniti owner

Thanks
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 PM

Lastly, there's a feature on the car called Auto Stop/Start which shuts the engine off when you stop moving to save you fuel. There's a service bulletin that allows you to have BMW update the code on the car to remember the last setting so that if you turn it "off" the car remembers it when you turn it back on. Otherwise, every time you restart the car, maybe 10x a day, every time you need to hit a button to turn ASS off

THANK YOU !!!! I was just reading about this and it almost made me not buy the car as i heard about the rough restart ( not to mention I just don't want my car turning on/off ) and that you had to turn htis off everytime yo start the car............what a pain! Do you have to reprogram it if you disconect the battery for ay reason ? Thanks

Last edited by 13m328; 11-30-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up Wheel and Tire Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
First off, congrats and welcome aboard.

Say "no" to all the offers for additional insurance and such. If you drive in NYC a lot and have had potholes take out tires or wheels, consider insurance for that if your auto policy doesn't cover it. I live here, I never have issues with my BMW's.

Ask your dealer for free winter floor mats. A set of 4 mats is a known throw-in as a "thank you" as you take your car. You just need to ask for them, saying "my friend got a BMW and he got free winter mats....I need mine too" and they'll give them to you just around the time they ask you to give them all top scores on the phone survey.

Lastly, there's a feature on the car called Auto Stop/Start which shuts the engine off when you stop moving to save you fuel. There's a service bulletin that allows you to have BMW update the code on the car to remember the last setting so that if you turn it "off" the car remembers it when you turn it back on. Otherwise, every time you restart the car, maybe 10x a day, every time you need to hit a button to turn ASS off.

BJ
Get the Wheel and Tire Insurance. The price is very Negotiable. The dealer wanted $1,800. We told them $1,000, and deal done. We also got LoJak. Where we live its important being so close to the border. BJ, by the way, How is BMW of Bridgewater/ Drove by it a couple times today on the way to Pharma Sales Training. Looked like a nice Dealership visually from the Road, Enjoying New Jersey.
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD330i View Post
BJ, by the way, How is BMW of Bridgewater/ Drove by it a couple times today on the way to Pharma Sales Training. Looked like a nice Dealership visually from the Road, Enjoying New Jersey.
I'm way north of there, but Bridgewater itself is a very nice community.

Strip club?

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13m328 View Post

THANK YOU !!!! I was just reading about this and it almost made me not buy the car as i heard about the rough restart ( not to mention I just don't want my car turning on/off ) and that you had to turn htis off everytime yo start the car............what a pain! Do you have to reprogram it if you disconect the battery for ay reason ? Thanks
No, once it's programmed into iDrive it sticks, a battery disconnect won't affect it.

BJ

Old 12-01-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Get the Wheel and Tire Insurance. The price is very Negotiable. The dealer wanted $1,800. We told them $1,000, and deal done. We also got LoJak. Where we live its important being so close to the border. BJ, by the way, How is BMW of Bridgewater/ Drove by it a couple times today on the way to Pharma Sales Training. Looked like a nice Dealership visually from the Road, Enjoying New Jersey.
Not sure I understand the value of this insurance. I've never had a problem with my Corvette wheels or tires but I suppose anything can happen. Could you replace one wheel and tire for $1000 if something happened? What are the odds of damaging more then one to make the insurance start to pay off? I've read that some people have mysterious tire failure when they get close to needing to be replaced but that doesn't sit we'll with me. How long does this coverage last? Thanks, Mark
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Not sure I understand the value of this insurance. I've never had a problem with my Corvette wheels or tires but I suppose anything can happen. Could you replace one wheel and tire for $1000 if something happened? What are the odds of damaging more then one to make the insurance start to pay off? I've read that some people have mysterious tire failure when they get close to needing to be replaced but that doesn't sit we'll with me. How long does this coverage last? Thanks, Mark
What dealer are you using? Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 AM

"Get the Wheel and Tire Insurance. The price is very Negotiable. The dealer wanted $1,800. We told them $1,000, and deal done."

I read about this insurance in C/D as they bent SIX wheesl and damaged two tires during thier 40K test of a 2011 528I. They said that they were told the wheels were "soft".

I asked my salesman and he said ( in Minnesota) he's never seen people bend wheels ( hard to believe as I have bent 3 in 5 years although they were aftermartket) and never mentioned the warrrany which is odd being the love to see add ons, is it available in all states ? I believe it has a $50 deductable each time and is good for 5 years but not 100% sure. Being a single M tire/wheel Combo costs $1000 if I could grab it for that price I would.

Is the price the dealer quoted me decent ? Should I think about adding Zenon's or anything else to my build ?................I have heard the Leatherettte is almost as nice as leather, is this true and how does it wear.

THANK YOU
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
What dealer are you using? Good luck
cheers
vern
Vern, got the best price from BMW of Turnersville plus it's 10 minutes from my house. Mark
Old 12-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
duplicate deleted

Last edited by bmw_or_audi; 12-01-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
Quote:
Not sure I understand the value of this insurance. I've never had a problem with my Corvette wheels or tires but I suppose anything can happen. Could you replace one wheel and tire for $1000 if something happened? What are the odds of damaging more then one to make the insurance start to pay off?
I am surprised too at how many people here mention this. Btwy, I suspect they prorate the value of the tires, so mysterious failures at the end or punctures when the tire is already half used up may not pay that much. Also, don't our insurances cover wheel damage to some extent?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
I am surprised too at how many people here mention this. Btwy, I suspect they prorate the value of the tires, so mysterious failures at the end or punctures when the tire is already half used up may not pay that much. Also, don't our insurances cover wheel damage to some extent?
Good point on the vehicle insurance. I would think the wheels would be covered but maybe not the tires. Never had to make a claim like that so I don't really know for sure. Mark
Old 12-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
If you claim it on your Auto insurance you have a deductable and then a claim which could raisse you rates.

On a side note, if you buy replacement tires at Discount tire for about $12 a tire you get a full replacement of any unrepairable tire REGARDLESS of thread life as long as it's not shot
Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 PM

Thumbs up Tire and Wheel Insurance

Quote:
Ours is a Three year policy. We have never daamaged the Wheels , but have had to replace a few tires which are over $400 each . Hope that helps.
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 PM

Thumbs up Bridgewater $$$

Quote:
I'm way north of there, but Bridgewater itself is a very nice community.

Strip club?

BJ
Bridgewater must have a very $$$ large per capita income with all the Home Office Pharmaceutical Companies like Sanofi and the many J&J Company headquarters. Lots of White Collar executive positions. Who knows maybe next weekend . Study heavy this week. Two weeks more. 60 degree Temps for Sunday & Monday. Sounds like San Diego Weather Tried Mangiano's Italian in the Mall . Nice Italian Food
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Thumbs up

Quote:
:Tried Mangiano's Italian in the Mall . Nice Italian Food
Go back and try there fried zucchini, its the best. Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Bridgewater must have a very $$$ large per capita income with all the Home Office Pharmaceutical Companies like Sanofi and the many J&J Company headquarters. Lots of White Collar executive positions. Who knows maybe next weekend . Study heavy this week. Two weeks more. 60 degree Temps for Sunday & Monday. Sounds like San Diego Weather Tried Mangiano's Italian in the Mall . Nice Italian Food
Chargers are in town to play the Jets on December 23, should be an easy win, you going?

BJ

Old 12-02-2012, 08:16 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Glad I read this thread... I'm expecting delivery of my 2nd BMW in 2 weeks. Never knew or thought to negotiate for "stuff" when picking the car up. I will be putting that tactic to use! Thanks!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:00 AM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Chargers are in town to play the Jets on December 23, should be an easy win, you going?

BJ
It is the Cardinals.....

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.