Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2012, 05:33 AM
mr_bean mr_bean is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 654
Mein Auto: 2000 328i
More info needed on Service Buletin

Can anyone give me more info in SI B12 02 11.
What is the remedy to correct the driveability issues?
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 12-01-2012, 05:58 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,675
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bean View Post
Can anyone give me more info in SI B12 02 11.
What is the remedy to correct the driveability issues?

[CLICK]

.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 12-01-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Submariner Submariner is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North NJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 111
Mein Auto: 328i Monaco Blue 'vert
Lol love that link Cal !!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2012, 09:38 AM
mr_bean mr_bean is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 654
Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Give me some credit, Cal. I tried that well before posting. Unfortunately everything that turns up on Google only gives a description of the symptoms. I'm interested in finding the remedy. A full copy of the SI would be helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,675
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bean View Post
Give me some credit, Cal. I tried that well before posting. Unfortunately everything that turns up on Google only gives a description of the symptoms. I'm interested in finding the remedy. A full copy of the SI would be helpful.

OK, go a little deeper - the first result in Google's listing for the link or this from the second page.

Solution is self evident - warm it up once in a while if nothing but short trips, or take a long one. BMW has said that their 3 isn't designed to survive nothing but short trips.

Oddly IMHO, but I see distinct performance improvement when hot. Gotta run awhile for that. Battery known t'lose juice if all <10 mi runs.

.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 12-01-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2012, 10:41 AM
mr_bean mr_bean is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 654
Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
OK, go a little deeper - the first result in Google's listing for the link or this from the second page.

Solution is self evident - warm it up once in a while if nothing but short trips, or take a long one. BMW has said that their 3 isn't designed to survive nothing but short trips.

Oddly IMHO, but I see distinct performance improvement when hot. Gotta run awhile for that. Battery known t'lose juice if all <10 mi runs.

.
I stumbled across that one already. Not trying to be picky here but it really doesn't go into explicit detail as to how to solve the problem. Your assumption is that driving long distances will fix the problem but my intuition tells me that BMW has a different procedure for their technicians to properly fix the issue.

Does anyone have an up to date TIS?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2012, 10:55 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,675
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bean View Post
I stumbled across that one already. Not trying to be picky here but it really doesn't go into explicit detail as to how to solve the problem. Your assumption is that driving long distances will fix the problem but my intuition tells me that BMW has a different procedure for their technicians to properly fix the issue.

Does anyone have an up to date TIS?

Some might consider that....exacting....

Have you had trouble?

.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 12-01-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 PM
mr_bean mr_bean is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 654
Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Some might consider that....exacting....

Have you had trouble?

.
Nothing major. There's a slight hesitation and uneven power delivery (mild surging) below 3K rpm. It's more noticeable when the engine is cold. I'm not too worried since it's still under warranty (only 16K on the odo), but I'm curious as to what is the specific cause and how it can be remedied. Taking long drives (45min - 2hrs) hasn't made a difference.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms