Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 11-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Tilted, Brim low Brim low

Mein Auto: 2003 e46 325i
So Off topic (Just need Advice)

So I recently got hired at a job At "Vector" where college representatives basically go to peoples homes selling kitchen cutlery. The job has a lovely atmosphere and In Still in training. The thing is, I'm not so sure if the job is really for me, mainly because of selling things people. Yes, the job is commission. 15$ per Appointment and the time is basically on how You would work by your time putting in. So the more appointments, more money, more sales, more money as well. No sales, you still get the base 15$. Only downside is that, all this driving around in my e46 is probably going to cause some problems with gas, and not to mention the danger in walking into peoples homes selling knives.

Would you still do it? Or quit? and get a regular job that pays Hourly?

Some Veteran Advice from people. Since I'm a rookie at this sort of thing.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
To me it sounds like an absolutely brutal way to make a living in 2012. Most people I know will go online and buy based on recommendations from other users of products they're looking at. Price is king, as is convenience and personal safety. However...

As a young college student, perhaps targeting neighborhoods full of Cougars hopped up on pain killers would be to your advantage. I mean that sincerely... know your market.

http://cougarlife.com/

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Old 11-30-2012, 06:42 AM
I'm a DlCK! So what?

Mein Auto: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr826 View Post
To me it sounds like an absolutely brutal way to make a living in 2012. Most people I know will go online and buy based on recommendations from other users of products they're looking at. Price is king, as is convenience and personal safety. However...

As a young college student, perhaps targeting neighborhoods full of Cougars hopped up on pain killers would be to your advantage. I mean that sincerely... know your market.

http://cougarlife.com/
1) Hit up a high class martini bar full of cougars.
2) Brag about your BMW and other materialistic goals in hopes to be spoiled.
3) ????
4) Profit.

In all seriousness, though, I wouldn't sell knives. Ever think of bartending? You can make some major bank from tips. A friend of mine worked five nights a week bartending and made some $850 a week from tips alone. Add that in with his base pay (which taxes are taken from) and you can imagine how good he had it (cost of living is fairly low in our area).
Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 330 Ci ZHP
That job doesn't sound too good, especially if you're not into being a salesman. I doubt that you would get many customers as basically a door to door salesman in 2012.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:02 AM

Mein Auto: BMW e46 1,9l M43
Only way how i would even consider is, if they also pay for fuel you use for transportation, but even then it would be bad job.

You can make money if you're good salesman, but if you're good salesman, then you can get better job in some store and don't have to do this.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 AM

Mein Auto: 323i, Ducati M1100
You mentioned that you weren't particularly into sales. How do you feel about the product you're selling? If the answer is "meh" then hang it up. There are definitely better sales gigs out there. Sales is fairly easy to get into, so if there's something that you feel passionate about, that'll be a LOT easier to sell.
Continuing with your training would be a good idea though, if they're teaching you sales strategies and getting to the close. My guess is that the training invloves hyping you on their knives, and selling you on the idea of your product.
Sales is a good thing to know, in general.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 325i ZSP
scam. run like hell.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
I worked a job like that for a couple of weeks once....didn`t take long to realize that the only people making any real money were the two hustlers at the top of the food chain....

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Quietly Learning E46

Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post

Ever think of bartending?
....or wait on tables in a high end restaurant. Great tips.

Knife thing..... a dying proposition.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:34 PM

I appreciate all the tips you guys. I just quit after the first day of training, found out they Scammed a lot of college newcomers into the workforce. Did I mention You have to PAY for the sample demo of the knives? On the phone they said that it is NOT Door to door selling and not telemarketing. BOY WAS I LIED TO. After the first training they said I wasn't getting payed 15$ an hour but rather 15$ An appointment. The Job name is actually called CUTCO. Real college students signed a petition to get this company down. Thought it was a lie, I was skeptical at first but they are Far to many websites and blogs about this Scam of a company. Not to mention Unpaid training (Hell no). Litterally All you Father's out there. DO NOT let your sons or daughters enter into this place. These are my resources

http://voices.yahoo.com/cutco-cutler...775.html?cat=9
http://cutcoscam.blogspot.com/
http://www.petitiononline.com/vector/petition.html
Old 11-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
Apparently the knives are awesome. I know some folks who own then.

Good on you for getting out!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Old 11-30-2012, 04:59 PM

Thanks dude, I admit. The Knives, FANTASTIC, best Ive ever seen. Whats even better is that they have the American pride being made in America. But The Job description was very misleading.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Member: Church of the FSM

Mein Auto: 323Ci 911 914 996 F-150
One word: AMAZON. Who buys anything from door to door salesmen anymore? Most sales job offers are a scam. It's a damn shame, the way they stalk college campuses, pretending to offer real jobs...