Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:01 AM

Mein Auto: X1 18d
IPOD interface

Hello to everybody. I am a new member from Italy.
As despite USB interface is on my new X1 2014 with Steptronic and iDrive, I am unable to have my ipod and iphone 4 recognized by the Multimedia Setup. I can only play music through ext connection. People at BMW did also some attempt with special Y cable, without any result. I have Business Radio, within Business Innovation Kit, and Bluetooth/USB interface 6NH.
As I suppose the problem to have the capability of reading and choosing titles on ipod will not be of easy solution with my BMW configuration, my question is: can I find some Third Party Kit that can solve it ?
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jdeday
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlio Laschena View Post
Hello to everybody. I am a new member from Italy.
As despite USB interface is on my new X1 2014 with Steptronic and iDrive, I am unable to have my ipod and iphone 4 recognized by the Multimedia Setup. I can only play music through ext connection. People at BMW did also some attempt with special Y cable, without any result. I have Business Radio, within Business Innovation Kit, and Bluetooth/USB interface 6NH.
As I suppose the problem to have the capability of reading and choosing titles on ipod will not be of easy solution with my BMW configuration, my question is: can I find some Third Party Kit that can solve it ?
Hello, you will need the "Y" cable to have it function the way your are expecting.
2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and NAVIGATION RETROFIT
Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: X1 18d
Pls read the first question

Sorry, but if you read my first post, then you will find that the Y cable has been already tested by BMW people without any result.