Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 545i sport
05 545i Brake problems

As I write this post I am sitting in the BMW Dealer with my 545i and its braking problems. Dealer here in Richmond Va. Has so far been very accommodating stating that it might be a brake booster problem and is under recall for that very issue. They also stated that the master cylinder might have been affected and it that is the issue then It will ALL be covered. The car is due for an oil change ( Normally done at my indy shop ) but at 79.00 here at the dealer ( A special ) might as well get that done too. Keeping my fingers crossed and I will post a review on the repairs and the the Dealer for those in or near the Richmond Va. area
Ads by Google
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Is that a different recall than the hose from the vacume pump ?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 PM

I dont think so

I think it is part of the same recall.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 PM

Ok, so I have had the Master brake cylinder as well as the brake booster and hoses replaced under the recall at NO charge to me. Great!! The service here Is among the best I have ever experienced. Not only did I only wait 15min. before they came and explained that it was going to take a while to do the recall work but put me into a brand new 135i that had only 2K miles, it was a convertible to boot. I explained that even if the work was complete by the end of the day that I wouldn't be able to return the loaner car until the next day or the day after due to my work schedule. They said no problem. So I returned on thursday to pick up my 545 and brought it back home only to have the "Service engine soon" light come on. So I called the dealer and they told me to bring it back and that they would look at it. So back to the dealer I went. They hooked it up to the computer and has some fault readings. They told me to take the loaner car again that they would call me when it was diagnosed. Again I explained that I worked Fri. Sat. and Sun. and that the soonest I would be able to get back to the dealer was going to be Mon. or tues. and again they said no problem. So that is where I'm at so far. Oil change 79.00 recall work done and now waiting on the diagnosis of the engine light. So far so good.