Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535i M Sport
Impressed by '09 Cayenne GTS

I've been trying to find the perfect X5 M Sport for the past four months and given how difficult it has been to locate one with all my preferred options and color combos within my budget, I started to expand my search. After a brief flirtation with the Range Rover Sport (I know, not even close, but damn they're good looking), I decided to look at the Cayenne GTS.

The Porsche is an ungodly expensive car...my budget will only allow an '09 GTS vs. '11 X5 Xdrive50i M Sport, but boy is it impressive! I spent some time in one today...4 years old with only 30K miles. This particular one had super-clean body/interior and I came away almost convinced to go to the dark side. That naturally aspirated V-8 growl and S5-like seats are pretty compelling. This in a car with none of these options:
Keyless entry, push-button start, Bluetooth, Satellite Radio (and apparently no easy way to retrofit it), PDC, & Rearview camera...basically no Tech.

Not to mention this car will be out of warranty at the end of the month, so I'll be on the hook for an aftermarket warranty and no free maintenance. Even given all these negatives, the sweetness of that engine and the adjustable ride as well as the "Porscheness" of it was almost enough to sway me.

Ultimately, logic will likely prevail because with the X5, I would be getting a car with new technology that's faster than the Cayenne GTS and arguably as sexy with the M Sport package. It will likely be more reliable and I certainly can't discount the value of free maintenance & warranty for at least the next few years.

Just thought I would put my thoughts out there for those also cross-shopping the Cayenne...will be sure to post when I finally find that perfect X5.
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 PM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Red face

Peter330i:

I am looking for the same car as u!
not easy to find especially in a decent price range. I have a 50k budget, which is dueable with some hardball negotiating which ive been known for.
I would love a 12' but there still in the $62-$66 range w 12-26k miles.

i love the standard ARS on the 11' amazing to drive even with the 19" rims.
yet i really want soft close doors. i cant deal with another kid "1 week old" waking up from slamming doors and the 11's are almost impossible to find with that option.
and the 12's have the paddle shifter that everybody pans, but i frigin love them. its like driving a real life video game. i use them 50% of the time. the 11's dont FYI!

What options are a must for u?

All the best
Rob

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 PM

Hey Rob,
The big options for me are M-Sport with 333 wheels, Comfort Seats (which I have in my 535i), Tech Package, Rear Climate, Comfort Access, and Adaptive Drive. I've been trying to find one with less than 40K miles and around $50K as well. There are more 35i's out there like that, but not so many 50i's that don't have suspicious history.

Though the Cayenne doesn't have most of those toys, the essence of the car itself makes it a pretty alluring option.

Hope you find a good one to transport the little one...same reason I'm moving out of my 535i.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:55 AM

Hi Pete
Ive never purchased a car with over 30k miles
Although my Infiniti fx45 has 100k now and I bought it at 30k miles
Never a single issue with the truck and I mean ever
I have redlined and hit the rev limiter as many days as I've been alive
An absolute bullet proof car for me.
I do realize its luck of the draw though!

I almost pulled the trigger on a 11 in space grey last month
It had the 19's but they were not an issue w the ARS
The car looked good and drove well but I saw and heard some things that did not
Sit right w me
This car supposedly had a Cpo check list done to it
Yet it had a small crack in the windshield , a tear in the drivers seat leather and from what I could tell a slight exhaust leak and engine steam/smoke after the drive
Not by any means a crazy aggressive " drive it like u stole it " test drive...lol
It just wasnt adding up to me
I passed!

Ps if u find a car u like please ask them to pull a VMI for u
It's a vehicle master inquiry maybe BMW calls it something else nowadays.
It gives u the entire service history not like car fax does not give
Just ask them to delete the previous customers name and personal info.
If they balk on this it's usually because its had some issues they don't want u to see.
Trust me I found out the hard way w my AMG

And obvi last day of this month will be best day of the yr to make a deal

What's ur fav color for the x5 and what color is your 535
I have an 2012 msport titanium silver"the hottest color"
But u already knew that
All the best
Rob
Ps why am I up at 3am
Take a wild guess......lol

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM

I'm just months away from that 3A wake-up. You're being a good dad!

My 535i is Jet Black/Natural with the Sport Auto. Love your M-Sport in Titanium.

First choice for the X5: Titanium Silver or Carbon Black on Black, Cinnamon, or Oyster
Second choice: Sapphire Black
Third Choice: Space Grey

I think they all look good with the M-Sport package, especially with the 333 wheels.

I'll post if I find one!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
My lease ends in June, maybe you can buy mine from the dealer then. It has 31,000 Miles Now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011 X5 M Sport 1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	351913  
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAX5 View Post
My lease ends in June, maybe you can buy mine from the dealer then. It has 31,000 Miles Now.
Looks beautiful
Especially that god damn front liscence plate
That they throw on every car
Geez Pacific BMW get with it
Lol
But seriously thanks for The offer if I'm still in the market ill call
Greg
Whatcha gonna get after that?
Rob

Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Had to do the front plate, too many tickets around here for that. Going to order a 2014 650 Gran Coupe which starts production in July with the new I drive.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:56 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
One thing you might want to consider is that Porsche changed the body style in 2011 so I have heard that the 1st gen Cayenne prices are dropping LIKE ROCKS as do most of the replacement body styles. If your not use to looking at the Cayennes, you might not even notice the difference but it IS substantial with a COMPLETELY different interior. When I was deciding between these two alternatives, I stopped considering any older than the '11 models due to that change alone.

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)