Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
BMW Sells Demo Cars with Incorrect Buyer Warranty

Don't remember seeing this posted here.thought I would share

BMW Sells Demo Cars with Incorrect Buyer Warranty

Automaker BMW sold test-drive cars to consumers who thought they were purchasing new vehicles with a standard warranty period, alleges a class action consumer fraud lawsuit filed in New Jersey federal court by BMW customers.

According to a report in the New Jersey Law Journal (subscription required), the putative class is comprised of people nationwide who bought a BMW demo vehicle identified in the sales contract as new within the past six years. However, these buyers do not get a new car's four-year warranty since part of the warranty period has elapsed even before they buy the car.

BMW's new car warranty is pegged to the day of the first retail sale or the date the car goes into service at the dealer as a test-drive vehicle or for other purposes, writes the New Jersey Law Journal.

The plaintiff has alleged that the company allows dealers to sell demos as new in violation of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rules, which require the dealer to disclose the vehicle is a demo.

BMW is also alleged to be selling demos at discounted prices to dealers to further the practice.

The complaint asserts claims for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and violation of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, according to the New Jersey Law Journal.

If you or a loved one has been harmed by consumer fraud, contact Sokolove Law today for a free legal consultation and to find out if a consumer fraud lawyer may be able to help you.

Cited From: BMW Sells Demo Cars with Incorrect Buyer Warranty | Sokolove Law http://www.sokolovelaw.com/blog/2012...#ixzz2FZLUQjqd
Ads by Google
Old 12-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Gap Filler for a M6 GC?!?

Mein Auto: '10 550i M-Sport
When I purchased my current vehicle, I also was looking at a new F10. The dealer did propose a 'demo' version, but made it very clear that warranty clock started ticking when they put the car into service. I ended up going with the vehicle I liked the most (E60), but I was completely aware of the warranty implications on a 'demo' or 'managers' car purchase.

IMHO: Class Action Lawsuits = Lawers get rich, Consumers see fractions of pennies on the dollar in recovery.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Sokolove Law http://www.sokolovelaw.com/blog/2012...#ixzz2FZLUQjqd

Aren't these the same guys with the "have you taken this drug, had this disease, been around this chemical" infomercials on the late night cable TV channels? What a bunch of ambulance chasers! Yes, there may be a suit. But, as the previous poster says, the only people that get rich from these suits are the lawyers. The people that may or may not be harmed don't get squat.

Maybe I should delete this post, now I'm going to get sued for defamation of character!!!