Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-05-2012, 01:10 AM

Mein Auto: 330
thinking of leasing bmw 328 convertible but I get confused when I add options

I always feel like the dealer is going to try spring some sort of trap because of the extras where it leaves the vanilla script

web page says:
$399 First months payment
$3,000 Down payment
$0 Security Deposit
$725 Acquisition fee
$4,124 Cash due at signing

this is based on MSRP of $50 595

if I add a few items to make the MSRP $55 700 roughly what effect should that have on the monthly lease payment?

I assume something like $470 per month? (with all the other items remaining the same?)
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2012, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 3.0i
HI Jason,
It seems like you are new to leasing, do yourself a favor and learn more about leasing first. The deals on the BMW website are not bad, but you can do better if you understand the ins and outs of leasing.

Go to a lease calculator website (I use ridewithg) and get the calculator. YOu need to know a few things to do the calculation. Money factor (which is effectively the interest rate) on a 328i convertible, it's .00125 in December. Next you need to know the residual (this is what you can buy the car for at the end of the lease) which is 62% on a 10K a year lease for Dec. Lastly, you need to know the MSRP and invoice price of the car that you want. YOu can find this out on BMW config.

Once you have all of this info along with any holiday incentive, you can figure out a good lease price. I did a similar calc and for a 54,396 car with multiple security deposits (MSDs, something you should also read up to learn about) and an offer of $500 over invoice, I was getting around $450 a month only paying first month at driveoff.

Read up and learn and try to make your deal soon. I also advise since you are in LA speaking to a sponsor like Greg Poland or Jon Schafer to help with your deal. Good luck!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 528i
Janagler is right. You have to learn more about ins and outs of leasing, especially how it's calculated. There are many factors keep in consider - Residual, MF, etc.

Just an FYI, in LA, the cap reduction, doc fee, acquisition fee, first month payment, and monthly payments are subject to sales tax, which will increase the money due at signing.

I got my lease, not too long ago, from Greg Poland at Pacific BMW. I guess there's a reason why I am recommending him just as much as many people here do.

Last edited by EC7; 12-05-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Greg Poland Pacific BMW

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 3.5 M sport
Jason let's talk... this is a good month to make a deal BMW is "all in" with their lease programs.... contact me directly at my work email

Greg Poland
Pacific BMW
800 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
818 254 1491
www.PacificBMW.com
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com
Euro delivery, PC delivery, Out of state-new and used car sales
Hours:T-F 1-8 PM,Sat 1 to 8pm, off Sun and Mon.

Current rides: 2013 X5 msport and 2013 535i
15% over wholesale/invoice for all accessories! and free shipping for Bimmerfest members!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEK7hG-3fyA
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Chairman of the Bored

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@Pacific BMW View Post
Jason let's talk... this is a good month to make a deal BMW is "all in" with their lease programs.... contact me directly at my work email
Yes, contact Greg. This is very important if you're new to leasing.

2014 M5
Old 12-07-2012, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 640i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
Yes, contact Greg. This is very important if you're new to leasing.
+1. It is very easy to get Fleece if you dont know the ins and outs of leasing. Give a shout to the Pro, you won't regret it...