Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-2012, 04:40 PM
safelder safelder is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington, DC
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 69
Mein Auto: BMW X5 50i M Performance
Compass Reset?

Another day, another wacky X5 question...

My mirror compass pretty clearly isn't set to the right zone. The manual says there is a button on the underside of the mirror that, if held, will permit me to reset and recalibrate the compass. I see no buttons other than the Homelink buttons. I see a tiny hole, but, before I go jabbing a paperclip or something in there wireless router reset-style, figured I'd ask. The service advisor I spoke to today had no clue.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 12-26-2012, 07:22 PM
brian5 brian5 is offline
nothing today
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 167
Mein Auto: 08 X5 4.8i
You're on the right track.

I don't know what model you have but it is all covered in the Owner's Manual (pages 117-118 for the 2008 model that I have).

You can
1. set compass zone
2. calibrate compass
3. set left/right hand drive vehicle
4. set language
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-27-2012, 03:55 AM
safelder safelder is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington, DC
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 69
Mein Auto: BMW X5 50i M Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian5 View Post
You're on the right track.

I don't know what model you have but it is all covered in the Owner's Manual (pages 117-118 for the 2008 model that I have).

You can
1. set compass zone
2. calibrate compass
3. set left/right hand drive vehicle
4. set language
I have a 2013. My manual says something similar, but mentions a button. I only see a hole, like the kind you would find on a wireless router--you stick a paper clip in to push the reset button. Is that the "button" to which the manual refers? I don't want to jam a paper clip in there if, for example, it's the Bluetooth mic. That would be...unfortunate.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 AM
brian5 brian5 is offline
nothing today
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 167
Mein Auto: 08 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by safelder View Post
I have a 2013. My manual says something similar, but mentions a button. I only see a hole, like the kind you would find on a wireless router--you stick a paper clip in to push the reset button. Is that the "button" to which the manual refers? I don't want to jam a paper clip in there if, for example, it's the Bluetooth mic. That would be...unfortunate.
Yeah, it says "Adjustment button" but then it says use a "pointed object, e.g. a ball-point pen etc" so I would say it's definitely the hole that you see.'

(The bluetooth mic is in the overhead console.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aa.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	354812  
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-27-2012, 06:09 AM
safelder safelder is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington, DC
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 69
Mein Auto: BMW X5 50i M Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian5 View Post
Yeah, it says "Adjustment button" but then it says use a "pointed object, e.g. a ball-point pen etc" so I would say it's definitely the hole that you see.'

(The bluetooth mic is in the overhead console.)
Damn, I didn't even see the mention of a pen (it's in my manual, too, in slightly different words). I think I was so used to the Audi-style physical button on the front that I kept looking for one in the BMW. Gotta remember...this isn't an Audi.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms