Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto: Toyota Highlander
"Build Your Own" on bmwusa.com now allows for my X1 color combo!

Howdy folks! I've been lurking on the forum the last few months and have really enjoyed everyone's questions, answers and comments. I'm currently the owner of a 2002 Highlander, which I've put 175K miles on at this point and I'm about 1 year away from being ready to replace it. Really wanted something with more luxury, and more performance, than the Highlander. When the X1 came out, I was really taken by the look of it. Went to a dealer and sat in one (I'm 6'4" and about 260lbs), and was shocked to find so much headroom. Still haven't taken one for a test drive, but have no doubts I will enjoy the "Ultimate Driving Experience".

Even though I'm still a year out, I am totally obsessed with the X1 and have tried several times lately to use the bmwusa.com website to build my dream X1:

2014 X1 xDrive35i
LeMans Blue Metallic
Coral Red interior
Aluminum Trim
Ultimate package
HK Surround sound
Heated front seats

Up until this morning, every time I had attempted this configuration, as soon as I picked the Coral Red leather, it would change my exterior color to White! As of today though, it now allows for this combo.

Just was using that fact as an excuse for my first post.

BDA
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 14 X1 x28i MSport, Miata
Awesome! Hmm, I think I'll still go with the black interior on the one they found me but yeah I do like that red interior. That'll be good news for other folks who were trying to put together that combination.

As I understand it for the 2015 model year the X1 should be moving to the new front wheel drive based platform, so I'd try to get a 2014 even if it's 9 or so months from now.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supagoat View Post
Awesome! Hmm, I think I'll still go with the black interior on the one they found me but yeah I do like that red interior. That'll be good news for other folks who were trying to put together that combination.

As I understand it for the 2015 model year the X1 should be moving to the new front wheel drive based platform, so I'd try to get a 2014 even if it's 9 or so months from now.
yup, there are some renderings of what the 2015 x1 will look like - really glad i ordered a '14.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:53 PM

Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bptsull View Post
yup, there are some renderings of what the 2015 x1 will look like - really glad i ordered a '14.
There are some renderings of what the 2015 x1 MIGHT look like..

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: Toyota Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by bptsull View Post
Yeah, I'll have to keep an eye on the cut off date for ordering '14s. I would prefer not to go with a '15 from what I've seen so far.

BDA
Old 05-23-2013, 02:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramosc View Post
There are some renderings of what the 2015 x1 MIGHT look like..

Well, yeah, might is the operative word here...but it "might" look pretty horrible.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 PM
TJ

Mein Auto: 1M

Best of luck with the coral red with the m sport package, I hope you get it, BMW has not exact ally been on their game with this one, regardless of what you can configure on the web.

TJ

'14 X1 X28i M-Sport MG (ED 2013-05-14)
'11 1M VO (ED 2011-10-19)
'09 135i SR M-Sport SOLD!