Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 12-05-2012, 05:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 323!
Reset front brake sensor

2007 323I

I replace my front rotors , pads and sensors tonight and reset the computer, which showed after the reset, 80000Km before servicing.

I checked the back and it showed only 4500Km as they had not yet been replaced.

I still had the park brake symbol showing in red when the car was running so for curiosity I decided to try a reset of the rear brakes. Now after that, the front and rear have a yellow symbol with -----Km showing and neither will not reset, not even the front, even thought everything is new.

Please what did I do and how do I at least reset the front?
Ads by Google
Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadstarmid View Post
2007 323I

I replace my front rotors , pads and sensors tonight and reset the computer, which showed after the reset, 80000Km before servicing.

I checked the back and it showed only 4500Km as they had not yet been replaced.

I still had the park brake symbol showing in red when the car was running so for curiosity I decided to try a reset of the rear brakes. Now after that, the front and rear have a yellow symbol with -----Km showing and neither will not reset, not even the front, even thought everything is new.

Please what did I do and how do I at least reset the front?

A technical issue requiring a qualified technician referencing tech notes.

You may find your answer using this technical reference.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 323!
I fixed it tonight after much research on the internet.

The problem all started after I installed all new front brake pads,rotors and sensor, then reset the CB which worked fine. I then for some reason decided to reset the rear brakes but had not done any work on them and they were showing 4500Km left before service was required, so the sensor most likely had been trigger. After that I had a service light showing for both front and rear brakes, a yellow symbol and a red car on the hoist showing service was required.

Now for the fix.

I cut the rear brake sensor and twisted the two wires together then reset the computer for the rear and then the front, all is working fine now with no service symbols showing. I will be replacing the rear brake as I had did with the font in the very near future and will then install a new sensor and reset it again.