Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
I agree, I love the use of Send To Car android app. It does work on my Samsung Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean...
Old 12-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 5.0i
My wife is currently driving out of state. I sent an address to her (from classic Google maps) and as I showed her she got to Messages (2012 X5) but when she clicks on the address she says it does not activate the navigation.

I only tested this once about a week ago and I don't remember what step(s) she is missing and she is not good with using the knob.

Any quick help about what she might do to activate the address (her destination for tonight) in the nav?

I also tried to use the BMW remote app to resend the address but the app tells me "ignition is on. location not displayed for privacy reasons" when I tried to use "vehicle position". What can I do about that kind of issue to help her? Fortunately I can see her on FindMyPhone but soon I will be flying to Russia and she will be out on her own.

2012 X5 5.0i
2008 X5 4.8i
Old 12-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 5.0i
To my surprise, my wife finally got the nav engaged so well see how the BMW maps do in finding a remote location in MO.

In the meantime, I cannot find a way to get the BMW remote app to let me access the vehicle location so I can send an address through the app.

I like using the app but do not know how to get the app to show me the vehicle location. Does my wife need to call BMW Assist and get them to release that data for me?

Edited to say that perhaps these data are not available with the BMW app with the ignition on. Perhaps not even BMW Assist would help even though I am logged in on the app with my Assist id and password.

Opps. Edited again to say that once I changed from the map view to list I saw how to send the address to the X5.

Sorry for the false alarms.

2012 X5 5.0i
2008 X5 4.8i

Last edited by GPSnV1; 12-30-2013 at 07:11 PM.