Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 AM
e34 User

Mein Auto: bmw e34
Interior trim

Im looking to replace it and I just want something simple since the cars maroon and the inside is tan woodgrain stands out to much I can't just paint them cause the previous owner just put some like adhesive ones on inplace of some of the actual oem wood trim prices.. any ideas thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App

FLICKR-INSTAGRAM-GMAIL
Ads by Google
Old 12-09-2012, 03:36 PM

Mein Auto: 1992 525i sportwagon
did the PO install dealer accessory type dressups or are they something from PepBoys? i should think that the factory pieces would be easy to mask off, scuff sand, and spray with a suitable paint in the color of your choice. i'm fortunate that all of my '92's wood is intact and matches... if not, i'd be searching alternatives as well. well; except for the flat piece around the shifter... it has "character" lines in it.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
e34 User

Mein Auto: bmw e34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62rebel View Post
did the PO install dealer accessory type dressups or are they something from PepBoys? i should think that the factory pieces would be easy to mask off, scuff sand, and spray with a suitable paint in the color of your choice. i'm fortunate that all of my '92's wood is intact and matches... if not, i'd be searching alternatives as well. well; except for the flat piece around the shifter... it has "character" lines in it.
If they where oem I'd do something to them but there like some crrappy adhesive stuff from like pepboys or something does anyone know a good place to get legit aftermarkrt trim?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App

FLICKR-INSTAGRAM-GMAIL