Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM

Mein Auto: 3 series
Please HElp!!!!

Hi everyone. Hopefully I can get some help with a purchase I am about to make. I recently viewed a 2010 (March) (10 plate) BMW 318i SE Business Edition and was able to negotiate the price down to £13,000 from £15,000.

Information on the Car

2 previous owners. Current owner, non smoking pregnant lady (dont know if thats important)

Just under 33,000 miles

Manual transmission

3 Month manufacturers warranty,

Black Dakota leather Seats

Satellite Navigation

MP3 Connectivity

Bluetooth

Rear window privacy glass

Small chip on the window which the owner said will be fixed before sale

The car looked in very good condition and I test drove it without experiencing any problems

2 months tax which he said he will increase by another 6months
I am taking it to a local franchise BMW dealer to have it inspected as I am not the best with cars.

Is the price reasonable. What would you realistically pay for it. Glass gives a recommendation of £13,360 but from what I here the prices they give are usually a lot more than street value

Thank you in advance
Ads by Google
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
There is little that most of us in the USA/CA can do to help you - prices/options are so different. There is a UK forum, I believe, and a couple of UK posters; but don't look for too much.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: 3 series
oh snap. did not realise it was an american site. Hopefully some wondering uk posters like can help me out. fingers crossed. Thanks anyway
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
You might look at http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/bmw.html
Old 12-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46, E83, E90 (all MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwnewbie View Post
oh snap. did not realise it was an american site. Hopefully some wondering uk posters like can help me out. fingers crossed. Thanks anyway
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

We are international site, but there are a lot of people from the US here. There are also people from many other countries on this site. We are delighted to help in any way we can, especially with technical problems or questions.

Unfortunately, helping with UK pricing information is a question for our British members only. The rest of us really don't know what is a good deal or not in that market.

Thank you for writing. Cheers!

Last edited by alpinweiss; 12-06-2012 at 02:44 PM.