Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM

Mein Auto: 528xi
Exclamation BMW 528xi code po440 and po442

Hello every one. Need help on this code po440 and po442.

Little history about the car... I have 2008 528xi and I have been getting this error message for 8 months now. The first thing I did was replace the gas cap and reset codes. 2 days later the codes came back. So I took the car to the BMW dealer to have the problem resolved and they told me the computer need to be reprogramed. So with diagnose and reprogramming I paid $350 and the problem was gone. Now that was 5 months ago.
Now the same codes are back but this time it says permanent code po440 and po442. When resetting the code the permanent code will not erase it the the check engine light is off. But few days later the check engine lite comes on and with the same codes.
Anyone has any idea with this.....
Thanks

Last edited by Siman; 12-06-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Ads by Google