Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:05 PM
When in doubt, mumble.

Send a message via AIM to MCMB
Mein Auto: 2013 M5
Thumbs down Beware of TIDSTYLING.COM!

Hello all,

Iím writing this thread to shed some light on the most unpleasant experience I recently endured involving TID Styling (http://www.tidstyling.com/index.php) and a set of U8 paddle shifters I purchased from them. This entire debacle began in July of this year, when I decided to change the paddle shifters on my F10 M5. I scoured through BMW forums and the Internet searching for a suitable replacement for those dull and insignificant shifters attached to that gorgeous M steering wheel. In that search, I came across TID Styling. Their website showed they offered accessories not only for BMW, but Audi, Porsche and Mercedes. I looked at their products for BMW and came across a set of paddle shifters created specifically for the F10 M5 that caught my attention. I emailed them inquiring about said product and within a few minutes, I received an email from a representative of TID Styling by the name of Steve. I asked if the shifters advertised on their website had been tried and tested on an F10 M5 and he confirmed they had. I asked a few other questions pertaining to his company and he was quick to address all my concerns. That evening, I decided to place an order with Steve and thus began this most unfortunate of journeys.

I sent payment for the U8 shifters shortly following my conversation with Steve. He quickly emailed me in return advising me the shifters would arrive within one to two weeks. The shifters arrived as promised and I promptly made an appointment with my BMW dealer to have them installed. A few hours after dropping off my car I received a call from my SA informing me the TID shifters were not operational. I instantly emailed Steve briefing him on the situation. He apologized immensely and asked that I send back the shifters so that he may confirm the nature of the problem. I returned the shifters and he refunded me my original order along with the cost of the failed installation. A day or so following my refund, I received an email from Steve advising me his company had discovered the current U8 shifter was not compatible with the North American F10 M5 as he suggested. He added that his company would need some time to remedy the matter, but that a solution was due shortly.

A month or so passed when I received an email from TID. Steve was happy to announce they had discovered the problem with the U8 shifter and it was now completely and utterly compatible with the NA F10 M5. He asked if I would consider giving his company a second chance. I had some reservations, but alas I gave in to his request because he had seemed so genuine and apologetic. I again sent payment and the shifters arrived within a week or so. I contacted my SA at BMW and dropped off the car for the SECOND time. Again, a few hours passed and I received a phone call from my SA advising me the new and improved shifters were not operational. I rapidly contacted Steve notifying him of the shifters were still not functioning. He apologized emphatically and asked if it was ok to send another set of shifters ASAP. He insisted the shifters must have been damaged during transport and to please allow him the opportunity to rectify the matter. I advised him again of the removal and installation costs and he once again promised he would cover said costs, once the shifters were installed and operational. I asked my SA to reinstall my original shifters and I once again picked up my car.

After a week or two, the replacement shifters arrived and for the THIRD time, I dropped off my car to have them installed. After a few short hours, the BMW tech working on my car contacted me directly to notify me the new set of shifters were now operational, but the left side shifter doesnít fit or feel like an OEM shifter does. I went down to the dealer and tested them out myself and confirmed the left shifter was not downshifting as smoothly as the right side. I asked him to remove them both once and for all and I urgently emailed Steve. I told him the shifters work, but they donít fit or feel like OEM and this is UNACCEPTABLE. He responded with this email:

Hello Paul,

If you don't want to install, it's ok.
I just tell you...Maybe spring does not fit exactly into the inside of hole of bracket.
We make it by CNC machine and both side shifters are not different indeed.
Also, shifting feeling may not the same with original as not original.
I think right side is too soft compare with our test.
The feeling of original is close with right side.

Someone accept this, but someone never accept it.
However, we don't think not a problem, cause operation is ok.
So, product is ok, but just different feeling.
If you want installation cost again, it is very hard for us.

We can pay back for cost of product, returned shipping fee, and 1st installation fee.
It is very clear, if you cancel order, but 2nd installation cost is bad for our side.

I don't want to pay extremely high installation cost of BMW guys.

Anyway, I hope to hear your opinion.

Best regards,
Steve

TID STYLING

After reading Steveís email, I immediately requested a full refund for my order and all R&I costs, as he had promised. He assured me he would do everything in his power to accommodate my request, considering my extreme and unfortunate circumstances. He asked that I pack up both sets of shifters carefully and mail them back. Upon receipt of the shifters, he would issue my refund. I emailed him two weeks later after receiving confirmation from the shipping company that his company had received the package I sent. He did not respond. I waited a day or so and emailed him again. He did not respond. I emailed his company directly. No one responded. I have emailed both TID Styling and Steve more than half a dozen times requesting my refund, but to this day NO ONE HAS RESPONDED.

I implore all fellow Bimmerfest members and anyone else who happens to read this thread to seriously reconsider purchasing anything from such a dishonest and unprofessional company.

2013 M5
Azurite Black Metallic, Sakhir Orange/Black Merino, Piano Black trim, EP, DAP, B&O on 20" Kelleners Sport.

Retired:
2011 550 M-Sport

"You make a living by what you get, you make a life by what you give." -Churchill
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 535i sport
How come Steve writes like those Chinese guys who operate out of Hong Kong or Shanghai?

If you are dealing with some company based out of China, good luck with your refund.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 AM
My avatar is a selfie LOL

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
Beware of TIDSTYLING.COM!

His grammar should have tipped you off immediately. I made the mistake of spending $400 dollars in airsoft parts when I was like 12 and I never even received anything. A Chinese website took my money and ran with it. My parents LOLd and told me I learned my lesson. All my birthday money gone...

But seriously, dealing with Chinese/Asian "companies" is usually a gigantic pain in the ass. In the end, you're probably never going to get the full refund and you'll have to chalk this up to a lesson learned.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Old 11-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to dannyc9997
Mein Auto: 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB View Post
Hello Paul,

If you don't want to install, it's ok.
I just tell you...Maybe spring does not fit exactly into the inside of hole of bracket.
We make it by CNC machine and both side shifters are not different indeed.
Also, shifting feeling may not the same with original as not original.
I think right side is too soft compare with our test.
The feeling of original is close with right side.

Someone accept this, but someone never accept it.
However, we don't think not a problem, cause operation is ok.
So, product is ok, but just different feeling.
If you want installation cost again, it is very hard for us.

We can pay back for cost of product, returned shipping fee, and 1st installation fee.
It is very clear, if you cancel order, but 2nd installation cost is bad for our side.

I don't want to pay extremely high installation cost of BMW guys.

Anyway, I hope to hear your opinion.

Best regards,
Steve

TID STYLING

Is this a troll post? Did you really communicate and send money to a guy that writes like this? Accents are understandable when speaking, but typing? It's almost like this guy is doing it on purpose and laughing at you on the other side.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:04 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
It's a South Korean company...their info is listed in their website

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM
When in doubt, mumble.

Send a message via AIM to MCMB
Mein Auto: 2013 M5
Beware of TIDSTYLING.COM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyc9997 View Post
Is this a troll post? Did you really communicate and send money to a guy that writes like this? Accents are understandable when speaking, but typing? It's almost like this guy is doing it on purpose and laughing at you on the other side.
I find it difficult to understand the correlation between someone unable to communicate fluently in a foreign language and someone who conducts business in an unprofessional manner. Many of my clients have a difficult time both speaking and writing in English; however, my professional relationship with them has thus far been stellar. When I first had an issue with the shifters, Steve handled the matter appropriately, but as I stated earlier, the second time around I was not so fortunate. He gave me the impression he was a genuine and concerned business owner trying to rectify a problem but Alas, that was merely mirage.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2013 M5
Azurite Black Metallic, Sakhir Orange/Black Merino, Piano Black trim, EP, DAP, B&O on 20" Kelleners Sport.

Retired:
2011 550 M-Sport

"You make a living by what you get, you make a life by what you give." -Churchill