Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Old 12-07-2012, 07:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi Coupe
X3 2.8i PCD Scheduling

So, I just pulled the trigger on a new X3 for PCD (well actually told the CA I would come in on Sat, but he already submitted the build order). Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get a spot for early January?

Also, I know that they allow one guest, I wanted to bring both of my brothers, what do you think the likelihood of bringing two people with me would be?

I am excited!
Ads by Google
Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 3.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlman007 View Post
So, I just pulled the trigger on a new X3 for PCD (well actually told the CA I would come in on Sat, but he already submitted the build order). Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get a spot for early January?

Also, I know that they allow one guest, I wanted to bring both of my brothers, what do you think the likelihood of bringing two people with me would be?

I am excited!
It depends on your dealer's allocation as to when your car is built. And then that determines when the PCD can get your car and schedule you.

Likelihood of a total of 3 people for PCD? About as likely as BMW putting a sunglass holder in their cars.

2013 X3 3.5/alpine/chestnut/sienna/premium/tech/bmw apps/heated seats/PDC delivery on 12/5
Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM

You are right, 2 guests is a no go. However I signed the paperwork and my CA had already scheduled a slot - picking up my X3 1/11.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
I took two guest back in 2008. Only one was allowed to drive, though. I don't know if they are more strict on the policy now. I guess they can't let everybody have two guests. A few is probably ok, but more than that is too many. So, they have to draw the line.
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Gone for a drive.

Mein Auto: BMW, GM, Fountain
Two guests....only. It's meant as an experience for the owner and a guest...not a party.

I can't imagine they would banish the 3rd person, but what would they do? Hang out in the gift shop?

All the paperwork you sign repeats over and over, owner and guest.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by leewtech View Post
Two guests....only. It's meant as an experience for the owner and a guest...not a party.

I can't imagine they would banish the 3rd person, but what would they do? Hang out in the gift shop?

All the paperwork you sign repeats over and over, owner and guest.
Third quest rode in the backseat with us. Again, that was 4 years ago. PCD is a lot more popular now than then, so I imagine they'd be swamped if they let two guests come now.
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: '02 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlman007 View Post
You are right, 2 guests is a no go. However I signed the paperwork and my CA had already scheduled a slot - picking up my X3 1/11.
Cool. I'll be there the day before picking up my 335i.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 AM

Something got screwed up, CA called and gave me some less desirable alternative date. Now headed down for PCD 1/9- should still be a great time.