F10 iTunes coding - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:47 PM

Mein Auto: 520 msport
iTunes coding

Hi Guys... new to the forum from Ireland. I recently bought an F10 2014 msport. And I can't play my ITunes in the car, it's an iPhone 7. The bluetooth works to make and receive calls, and if the phone is connected with the usb cable it will play sounds from you tube etc. But for some reason the iTunes isn't showing on the screen, so was told it was an extra that wasn't added to the car when the car was made.

I have a guy that said it can be coded, but before I buy the cables etc and pay to get it done, can any of you let me know if this can be fixed by coding?

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2017, 07:36 PM

Mein Auto: Coded 2016 F10/ F15 Sport
I have never heard of ITunes-specific coding. Are you looking for some kind of ITunes interface on IDrive either via Bluetooth or usb cable?

What is possible depends on existing hardware.

IDrive can read external devices (phones, flash drives, etc) connected via USB port & wirelessly through Bluetooth. The ladder requires Extended Bluetooth (factory or coded). Additionally, you need BMW Apps to support things like Pandora, Spotify, etc.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:29 PM

I'm looking for the car to play iTunes via Bluetooth... I will operate other phone functions via Bluetooth just not music...
Old 05-23-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pconnolly70 View Post
I'm looking for the car to play iTunes via Bluetooth... I will operate other phone functions via Bluetooth just not music...
Do you know if you have HU_NBT or HU_CIC? If you decode VIN, do you have 606 or 609? How about 6NH?

If you have 609 with 6NH, then you need 6NS Extended Bluetooth coded on vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-MY-2015-bluetooth-6NH-vs-6NS.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	598567  
Old 05-23-2017, 11:57 PM

That's way over my head...; Where would I go to find out what I have?

But looking at the chart you sent me, audio streaming by Bluetooth has got 2 tick's beside them. So would I be right to say, the coding can be done to both types of units. So the right man for the job would be able to get it working for me?
Old 05-24-2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pconnolly70 View Post
That's way over my head...; Where would I go to find out what I have?

But looking at the chart you sent me, audio streaming by Bluetooth has got 2 tick's beside them. So would I be right to say, the coding can be done to both types of units. So the right man for the job would be able to get it working for me?
You go to linked website and enter short VIN (last 7 alphanumeric digits). Then check for above referenced numbers (vehicle option codes).

If your screen looks like HU_CIC image, then it depend on if you have secondary combox. If your screen looks like other two, then it is HU_NBT and can definitely be coded. From navigation screen > Select "option" button around IDrive controller > scroll to bottom > select version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HU_CIC.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	598570   Click image for larger version

Name:	HU_NBT-1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	598571   Click image for larger version

Name:	HU_NBT-2.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	598572  

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search