Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 328ic
Deer Reconstruct Project

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).JPG
Views:	35
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	352369

Name:	photo (5).JPG
Views:	34
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	352370

Name:	photo (6).JPG
Views:	33
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	352371
Hey Guys, as you can see I ripped into the front end today and am still trying to find all the right parts.
At this point I am facing an issue with the radiator as it seems to be loose. I can actually move it up and down as it has about an inch of play. I see these clips with arrows on them an common sense would tell me that these tighten the radiator and the housing but it doesnt seem to be doing the job. Any ideas?
So far the list of needed parts is as follows
1. hood
2. Header Panel
3. Right headlight assembly
4. Kidney Grills
5. Front Fan (one of the blades is broken
Im sure the list will continue... but if you have any of these parts or know someone who does,... please reach out. Spent all day in Philly salvage yards and there was nothing..
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
The radiator is only held in place by those two upper clips, so what you're experiencing sounds normal. It has little rubber feet which fit into resting spots, but basically gravity and those clips (and the hoses) are all that keep it in place. Once you remove the hoses and those two upper clips, the radiator pulls straight up & out.

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 12-08-2012, 05:50 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
The radiator is only held in place by those two upper clips, so what you're experiencing sounds normal. It has little rubber feet which fit into resting spots, but basically gravity and those clips (and the hoses) are all that keep it in place. Once you remove the hoses and those two upper clips, the radiator pulls straight up & out.
this, but make sure the rubber feet are there. they make a huge difference.

i may be going to a local u pull it tomorrow, so i will keep an eye out for ya. where in jersey are you?? i figure sorta closeish if you went to philly....but very suprised that you didn't find any parts...

df
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM

Thank you for the info!! makes me feel better.

I live in Medford.
What place are you referring to? If they are open I pay them a visit as well if its in my general area.

Yeah the Philly thing was a huge wase of time. I went to at least 6 places off of Passyunk rd with no luck. Also hit Albion off of Cross Keys Rd.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM

yeah. albion was a big disappointment...there's 2 on rt322. one is shorty's, which is about 10 minutes or so west of rt 54, the other is closer to eht and is called dirk's.

forest grove in vineland also has a u pull it, and on rt54 is a small yard as well, called ralph's.

i'm certain there are others, but i have seen a few different bmw's in these yards.

porchtown, as well, near porchtown & rt40 (just of rt55), but they're a bit pricey....

df
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 PM

OK thanks! You didnt mention were you are at? Additionally, if ya see something please let me know. especially in my color.

Last edited by LuckyFlop; 12-08-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 PM

i'm close to the motorsports park.

df