Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 01-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Brother smoking pot downstairs.

My mom is gone for the night and I'm back at home for the week, and sure enough, I smell pot coming up through the heating vents. Background: my little brother is 17, a complete waste of life, and is using my mom's money to buy pot. My mom has no spine and wont do anything about it. Luckily I have a spine, and it's fvcking pissing me off.

My question for you: What is my next step?

1. Baseball bat, break the stupid fvcks knees?
2. Use my experience in BJJ and Muay Thai to set an example?
3. Call the cops?
4. Beat the living sh*t out of every little *** in the basement, using whatever I find on my way down there?
5. Take a tire iron and remove their tires, then throw the tires in the field behind my house?
Old 01-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
My mom is gone for the night and I'm back at home for the week, and sure enough, I smell pot coming up through the heating vents. Background: my little brother is 17, a complete waste of life, and is using my mom's money to buy pot. My mom has no spine and wont do anything about it. Luckily I have a spine, and it's fvcking pissing me off.

3. Call the cops?
4. Beat the living sh*t out of every little *** in the basement, using whatever I find on my way down there?
5. Take a tire iron and remove their tires, then throw the tires in the field behind my house?
#5. Then watch as they try to drive away!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Please, call me Brian.

I'm thinking of possibly doing #5, then 2. I'll take their tires, kick the living sh*t out of my brother, then watch as they try to get away from the pyschotic older brother
Old 01-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Tightrope walking

Mein Auto: Jackwagon!
Dude, you have it all wrong. Go get a pint of Ben and Jerry's, a bag of doritos and a case of beer. Tell them they can dig in when they're able to fill a 1 cup measuring cup with spit. And that they're not allowed to have any water.

Building a ZHP wagon... click the pic!!!
-.-.-.--.-.-.-
Because BMW wouldn't do it for me
For Sale - HUGE part out of 2005 ZHP sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
My input is that ffej knows what he's talking about .
Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Call the police. A night in jail might help wake him up.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:23 PM
trailingthrottleoversteer

Mein Auto: CLK 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej View Post
Dude, you have it all wrong. Go get a pint of Ben and Jerry's, a bag of doritos and a case of beer. Tell them they can dig in when they're able to fill a 1 cup measuring cup with spit. And that they're not allowed to have any water.
Proof positive that Jefe is a d!ck.

Oh.
And i'm going with option #3. Call the cops.

Cuz - They wont show.

If we all threw our problems into a pile and saw everyone else's - we'd grab ours back.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:32 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Are you sure it's your mom's money? Perhaps oe of the other guys brought the schwag over. Would you feel different if they were drinking? Pot use doesn't bother me at all. I can't smoke it but if I could I probably would every now and again. Getting the police to show up might screw your mom considering it's her house they are toking in.

Violence isn't an answer besides, are you in a position where you can be stuck in the pokey for a while?

I'd tell them to take it outside so it doesn't stink up the place or tell them to go somewhere else.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 01-22-2010, 07:39 PM
meroglot

Send a message via AIM to 'Cane
Mein Auto: ?
Quote:

3. Call the cops?
Dude. Whatever you do, do NOT BJ your brother.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 08' M3
If you can't beat em, join em.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Dude. Whatever you do, do NOT BJ your brother.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 M3 Coupe
6. All of the above.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:48 PM
.oo=||=oo.

Mein Auto: Bimmers
#6. Partake maybe Be a friend now and it will be easier to rub off advice on him later.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 08' M3
Old 01-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
No one is a complete waste of life at 17. Kids will be kids and just because he parties now doesn't mean he'll be wothless forever. But, he's a minor and your mom should take control of the situation.

Solution: steal his weed and smoke it in front of him.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Can't control my fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3 View Post

That's a classic scene.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Ok here's the deal.
1. Yes he's using my mom's money. Money is tight. I sold my M5 to help pay bills. I see this as me selling my baby to pay for his weed. That pisses me off.
2. The cops would come. I live in a town of under 4k people and they're bored. I'm in the Criminal Justice program and they all know me and my family.
3. I'm not going to smoke it. I don't really give a **** if he does it, but the fact that he uses my mom's money to do it is what pisses me off.
4. He is a waste of life. He can turn it around, but unless he gets some sense beaten into him the process will take years. He should be failing school but he cheats off other kids, potheads, then is wonders why he's barely getting D's. My mom has treated him like a little baby ever since my dad passed, and now I feel like I've gotta step in and take over, which is complete BS IMHO...
Old 01-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Can't control my fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
No one is a complete waste of life at 17. Kids will be kids and just because he parties now doesn't mean he'll be wothless forever.
+1

He'll grow out of it eventually. You might just try explaining that you don't appreciate him doing that and warn him that next time you'll do something about it.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkleyBMW View Post
+1

He'll grow out of it eventually. You might just try explaining that you don't appreciate him doing that and warn him that next time you'll do something about it.
Been there, done that. He doesn't care. He loves the thought of being the biggest pot head in school, unless something drastic happens he'll keep doing this ****.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Can't control my fingers

Quote:
Been there, done that. He doesn't care. He loves the thought of being the biggest pot head in school, unless something drastic happens he'll keep doing this ****.
Sounds like a confrontation is in order.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkleyBMW View Post
Sounds like a confrontation is in order.
I've been looking forward to it for a long time, but I'll probably get carried away, then mom is gonna have to pay the hospital bills...
Old 01-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
If you had to sell your M5, start pawning his **** when he's not around. Put it all on eBay or Craigslist to help pay the bills.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Raoul Duke

Mein Auto: Great Red Shark
Option #6: Leave him alone
Old 01-22-2010, 08:33 PM
call me darkcloud

Quote:
Empty threats are useless.

You want something drastic? Talk to your mom. Let him get stoned. Meet up with the local USMC recruiter. Ask him to meet you guys at a park. Once your bro is high enough get him to sign the contract. Waking up at MCRD will open his eyes.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 PM
No more M

Mein Auto: C6 GS
Sounds like you made up your mind, beat the crap out of him. I school my bro all the time
Old 01-22-2010, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Ok here's the deal.
1. Yes he's using my mom's money. Money is tight. I sold my M5 to help pay bills. I see this as me selling my baby to pay for his weed. That pisses me off.
2. The cops would come. I live in a town of under 4k people and they're bored. I'm in the Criminal Justice program and they all know me and my family.
3. I'm not going to smoke it. I don't really give a **** if he does it, but the fact that he uses my mom's money to do it is what pisses me off.
4. He is a waste of life. He can turn it around, but unless he gets some sense beaten into him the process will take years. He should be failing school but he cheats off other kids, potheads, then is wonders why he's barely getting D's. My mom has treated him like a little baby ever since my dad passed, and now I feel like I've gotta step in and take over, which is complete BS IMHO...
I think you put the answer right in-front of yourself; money is tight and he doesn't care. You are sacraficing nearly everything you have to help feed his addiction and keep a roof over your head. You even say its a waste of a life!

Call the police and have them scare him. Easy way out is they cofiscate it and call it a day. Something a little tougher is have him sent to a state Teen Court program where he'll get community service. The worst it could go is a Jail sentence of a month. Wether he's in Jail or he gets community service, you are going to be helping him. If you let him continue smoking and thinking being the biggest pothead in the school is the best thing, he'll just keep on digging himself a deeper hole.

By the way, don't lay a finger on him, beating him up isn't going to do anything. It'll just make him hate you more.