Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Dallas Cowboy Player Dies in Drunk Driving Accident, Another Cowboy Player in Jail

What a waste of two good lives... so sad

Josh Brent, who was starting in place of Jay Raitliff at nose tackle, got into a drunk driving accident last night and flipped his car. His former Illinois teammate and current Cowboy Teammate, Jerry Brown died in the accident.

Someone go ask Costas his opinion on alcohol!
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch View Post
What a waste of two good lives... so sad

Josh Brent, who was starting in place of Jay Raitliff at nose tackle, got into a drunk driving accident last night and flipped his car. His former Illinois teammate and current Cowboy Teammate, Jerry Brown died in the accident.

Someone go ask Costas his opinion on alcohol!
Costas is a moron. Terrible tragedy. Very sad.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
I could have sworn a new law was pased where if you're driving while under the influence and kill someone you will be charged with murder. Or was that Canada? Duno but I'm sure I read it somewhere something to that nature.

Start charging people with murder for killing others due to their stupidity in terms of driving under the influence. Nothing kills anyone as much as DUI does yet the government bytches and moans about pot and steroids.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj745 View Post
I could have sworn a new law was pased where if you're driving while under the influence and kill someone you will be charged with murder. Or was that Canada? Duno but I'm sure I read it somewhere something to that nature.

Start charging people with murder for killing others due to their stupidity in terms of driving under the influence. Nothing kills anyone as much as DUI does yet the government bytches and moans about pot and steroids.
He has been charged, for something, I'm not sure what. It was on the news last night.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 PM
A BMW, 7 Series of course

Mein Auto: LS460
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
He has been charged, for something, I'm not sure what. It was on the news last night.
Intoxication manslaughter. 2-20 years in jail. Worst of all if you read the article he has a girlfriend that is expecting in about 2 months... Two to twenty years is not near long enough for cutting someone else's life short by 50-60 years..
Old 12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
2-20 yrs and being a celeb means he'll likely get a slap on the wrist and/or minimum time if anything.

Start charging with murder and we'll see a significant large drop in DUI killings and even DUI convictions. My friend in texas is doing 6 yrs for steroids and morons like this get cupcakes for DUI killings
Old 12-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 410K
Six years for steroids?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj745 View Post
2-20 yrs and being a celeb means he'll likely get a slap on the wrist and/or minimum time if anything.

Start charging with murder and we'll see a significant large drop in DUI killings and even DUI convictions. My friend in texas is doing 6 yrs for steroids and morons like this get cupcakes for DUI killings
He's far from being a celeb. Was on the practice squad and expected to make first pro start yesterday. Nobody knew this guy before he killed someone driving drunk. These two were friends and I'm sure despite whatever legal action will be levied against him, the fact that he killed one of his best friends will haunt him forever. No punishment will supersede that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 12-10-2012, 09:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 AW M3
The only tragedy here is that Josh lived.

I am extremely pleased that no innocent person was killed as happens all too often. And no, Jerry is not innocent....if you get into a car with a drunk driver thats about as boneheaded as it gets, next to actually driving.

Josh should get life in prison or the death penalty.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 AM

Mein Auto: A car
if he was going to debut on the team tomorrow - what was he doing out drinking to intoxication levels the night before anyway?

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Renaissance Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryItalia View Post
The only tragedy here is that Josh lived.

I am extremely pleased that no innocent person was killed as happens all too often. And no, Jerry is not innocent....if you get into a car with a drunk driver thats about as boneheaded as it gets, next to actually driving.

Josh should get life in prison or the death penalty.
Way over the top. The other guy, as you say, was guilty of being stupid enough to go along with the party. 5 years would be long enough.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:06 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 AW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Way over the top. The other guy, as you say, was guilty of being stupid enough to go along with the party. 5 years would be long enough.
This incident was no different than if Josh got drunk, grabbed a gun and put a bullet Jerry's head. Its the same lame excuse..."I didn't mean to kill him, it was the alcohol" I bet if a drunk killed one of your loved ones, you would be singing a whole different tune.

Will be tried as manslaughter but should be murder. 5 years? Not in my book
Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
This incident was no different than if Josh got drunk, grabbed a gun and put a bullet Jerry's head. Its the same lame excuse..."I didn't mean to kill him, it was the alcohol" I bet if a drunk killed one of your loved ones, you would be singing a whole different tune.

If you do something horrible, best get drunk quick and you'll get off easy. But you better not owe any taxes or you'll rot in prison for 25 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Renaissance Dude

Quote:

It's quite different. Shooting someone is an intentional act of wielding deadly force. It is miles and miles away from someone being dumb enough to think they can drive OK after having consumed X amount of alcohol.

The deceased could have been courageous enough to refuse to ride with his inebriated friend while strongly encouraging him not to do so.