Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-11-2012, 04:45 PM
SDS 14 SDS 14 is offline
Registered User
Location: Parksville, BC Canada
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 07 335i Cabrio
How to reset code

Hi there, I took out my drivers seat in my 07 335i Cab in order to clean the carpet completely. In doing so I disconnected the snap in wiring connection. After reinstalling the seat and connecting the wiring my "No Seatbelt Display and "Airbag Not Working" dash lights come on and stay on whenever I drive my car. Does anyone know how to reset this or do I have to take it into the dealer? Thank you
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Orient330iNYC's Avatar
Orient330iNYC Orient330iNYC is online now
Flying monkey herder
Location: Wall St
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 7,009
Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
you will need to bring it to the dealer or another shop that has a bmw specific diag tool that can reset the airbag system.

FYI, IIRC, the seat bolts are single use bolts, so those should be replaced as well. they arent that expensive, under 2 dollars each.
__________________
Past: 2001 330i ZSP/ZPP/Step
Past: 2004 S60R 6MT Sport
Past: 2007 335i 6MT ZSP/ZCW/322/655
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:01 PM
SDS 14 SDS 14 is offline
Registered User
Location: Parksville, BC Canada
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 07 335i Cabrio
Thanks for the info. Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM
DSXMachina's Avatar
DSXMachina DSXMachina is offline
Non compos Mentos
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,384
Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS 14 View Post
Hi there, I took out my drivers seat in my 07 335i Cab in order to clean the carpet completely. In doing so I disconnected the snap in wiring connection. After reinstalling the seat and connecting the wiring my "No Seatbelt Display and "Airbag Not Working" dash lights come on and stay on whenever I drive my car. Does anyone know how to reset this or do I have to take it into the dealer? Thank you
You are absolutely certain you reconnected all the wiring? Was your key off the whole time? Or...were you listening to some tunes while working and had the key in the accessory position (engine off, dash lights on)?
If the key was out the whole time then you should not have to reset the SRS lights. There would most likely be a wiring harness or connection problem. If you had the key on even for an instant, then see Orient's post above.

Last edited by DSXMachina; 12-11-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Nordic_Kat's Avatar
Nordic_Kat Nordic_Kat is offline
Omnia in modum
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,236
Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS 14 View Post
Hi there, I took out my drivers seat in my 07 335i Cab in order to clean the carpet completely. In doing so I disconnected the snap in wiring connection. After reinstalling the seat and connecting the wiring my "No Seatbelt Display and "Airbag Not Working" dash lights come on and stay on whenever I drive my car. Does anyone know how to reset this or do I have to take it into the dealer? Thank you
Just curious SDS, but why did the seat have to completely come out of the car to clean the carpet? When we installed the euro first aid kit under my passenger seat, we had the seat tilted back at pretty much a 45 angle and still on its tracks. Besides, as you probably are well aware of, underneath the driver's seat isn't much carpet, mostly just a speaker.
__________________
If your sport doesn't put blood, dirt or grease under your fingernails,
then it's just a game.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 AM
SDS 14 SDS 14 is offline
Registered User
Location: Parksville, BC Canada
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 07 335i Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
You are absolutely certain you reconnected all the wiring? Was your key off the whole time? Or...were you listening to some tunes while working and had the key in the accessory position (engine off, dash lights on)?
If the key was out the whole time then you should not have to reset the SRS lights. There would most likely be a wiring harness or connection problem. If you had the key on even for an instant, then see Orient's post above.
I didn't have the key on for the radio etc. but the remote was likely in the vicinity and perhaps that could seem like the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM
SDS 14 SDS 14 is offline
Registered User
Location: Parksville, BC Canada
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 07 335i Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Just curious SDS, but why did the seat have to completely come out of the car to clean the carpet? When we installed the euro first aid kit under my passenger seat, we had the seat tilted back at pretty much a 45 angle and still on its tracks. Besides, as you probably are well aware of, underneath the driver's seat isn't much carpet, mostly just a speaker.
Your right about not needing to take the seat out completely for cleaning the carpet Nordic Kat but I also was doing a leather seat repair as the side bolster had become scuffed and needed to be sanded and painted. A a result it became much easier to have the seat on a work bench to perform the work. I didn't take out the passenger seat as I was able to clean the carpet without doing so. FYI the product I used for the seat repair was from Leatherique in Niagra Falls Canada. The products, cleaning agents, leather prep and paint worked flawlessly and the paint was a perfect match.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms