Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: volvo v50
745i Sunroof initialization problem

Hey guys,

I do interior work and recently replaced the headliner and sunroof slider on a 745i for a customer. When finished the sunroof would not function normally so i looked up how to initialize it. I found two methods some say hold the tilt up button until it fully tilts up (maybe 20 secs) and then hold it again until the sunroof goes through all of its motions. The other said just hold the tilt button until it goes through all the motions. i try both and and no matter what it will go through all the motions but when its done will still only slide forward a little bit at a time and wont fully close. i closed the sunroof all the way manually before trying to initialize. could that be the problem or no?

thanks ahead of time for any guidance
Ads by Google
Old 04-08-2013, 08:10 AM

bump please help
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750I
you initialize the sunroof by holding the Tilt button down until it has gone through its sequence and full closes. It seeems like you have tried that an it is not working. The fact that you closed the sunroof manually might have something to do with that.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: E65 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFEL750I View Post
you initialize the sunroof by holding the Tilt button down until it has gone through its sequence and full closes. It seeems like you have tried that an it is not working. The fact that you closed the sunroof manually might have something to do with that.
Just to say that I tried holding the button down on my car and the roof folded open, but did nothing else.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:18 PM

Mein Auto: 750I
Were you driving or was the car in drive when you tried to do it? The car has to be stopped.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:24 PM

the car was not moving it was parked. so what should i do? manually put it back then try