Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 AM

Mein Auto: e46
Quick Lease deal questions - 528i xdrive

working a lease on a 13 528i xdrive

- is there supposed to be interest on the multiple security deposits? putting about 3k worth to lower the MF but I thought I read here that you get interest on the $ when the deposits are returned?

- is the holiday cash incentive 1k? getting that and the $750...anything else out there i should know about?

- acq fee of 725 seems in line with what ive seen here

thanks
Ads by Google
Old 12-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Blue Bimmer!

Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremontana View Post

- is there supposed to be interest on the multiple security deposits? putting about 3k worth to lower the MF but I thought I read here that you get interest on the $ when the deposits are returned?

- is the holiday cash incentive 1k? getting that and the $750...anything else out there i should know about?

thanks

You do not earn interest on MSDs. You probably heard someone discuss return on their investment which is a different concept. The incentives you have and the acq fee is accurate.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 AM

thanks - yes I saw some people talk about it as interest earned and some as a return from the interest savings over time

makes sense
Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Each extra security deposit reduces the money factor by .00007. A total of extra 7 MSD's can be applied equating to a .00049 in rate reduction. This will of course reduce the interest paid over the period of the lease. In effect, this is your return.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremontana View Post

thanks
Hi, run the numbers on a 535i xDrive... with a better residual and $2,000 holiday bonus, the lease comes out to be cheaper than a 528.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsebas View Post
Hi, run the numbers on a 535i xDrive... with a better residual and $2,000 holiday bonus, the lease comes out to be cheaper than a 528.
really? i asked this and they said it would be "way off"

I was dealing with an in stock unit that they had ordered a month or so back with my exact specs...they prob wont have a 35 with the same configuration but I can be flexible on that

I got a res of 57% on a 39 month/ 10k
buy rate for the mf then the reduction due to msd

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what it is - thanks
Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Blue Bimmer!

Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
535 has larger incentive, higher residual and lower MF. Have them search for a car that is close to what you are looking for.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
535 has larger incentive, higher residual and lower MF. Have them search for a car that is close to what you are looking for.
+1

Does not make sense to go with the 528 right now. Between the higher incentive and higher residual, the difference should be negligible.

Go luck and come back and post details when they offer you the deals. There is a guy who just leased a 535i in Chicago. You may want to ping him to compare. His configuration and therefore MSRP will be different but should give you a good idea.

Here you go...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=663442

Good luck!

Last edited by miamiboyca; 12-12-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Drive the 535, it is more fitting, up and down the range. Don't drive it gently, get into it like you had a sudden, oh sh!t, I gotta get past these two trucks so I gotta stomp it on this gaddam Mass Pike.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.