Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ...
real value of my e65 bmw???

ok guys so trying to figure my cars value.....

2002 with 120k miles...

kbb is saying 9400

nada is saying 14500 clean retail

edmunds showing 9400

wtf???

i see guys selling stock 745i/il 2002/2003 for 14-16k cash all stock with little less miles but i bet hidden problems...

to me kbb.com should be used for domestic/asian vehicles that cost new around 15-35k but not for bmw 7 series...bunch of BS to me

back in july i sold my 2002 bmw 525i with 192000 miles but excellent condition and custom brakes,rims for 10000 cash while kbb was 5100 cash...

now i know how much i payed for 7 series back in july/august and how much i have invested in new parts/aftermarket parts and all parts have less than 300 miles since install....as car is driven once/twice a week short distances....

to me my car as it sits now and knowing i have 1130 in altenator,500 in fluids and parts,around 2000 in aftermarket parts,not including labor since i did it all

so to me my car is worth around 17k cash since people are selling junks for 8-10k price range on cl...

any input would be appreciated....

i just put my 7 on cl for 17k cash or trade for lifted truck but its now in excellent condition...while i got it car was in good condition...paint is perfect as is interior..no leaks...no shakes...no hidden problems..all systems OK
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2012, 03:36 PM

Mein Auto: 02 745li
14-16 is negotiating room. More like 9-11k.
combination nu
Ball Joint
Tension strut with hydr
Switch unit steering column
Coils 5&7 and new spark plugs
Faulty DSC Control Module
Fuel Gauge
Leaking Crank Case Vent Valves
Power Steering pump, washer pump and grommont,
Crank Shaft position sensor
Total $13,481.37 in one year my mechanic swears all these parts are re engineered to work better than the originals lol
Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 PM

Mein Auto: Nothing
People can ask whatever they want, but in this economy it's low. If KBB is showing 9400 for your car then you probably did something wrong.. I have an 03 in near perfect shape and it just turned 130k and I am at 9600 on KBB.. I just bought the car last month for 10.5k.. I would say that is a "fair" price.. I found ones with less miles that I could have got for a couple hundred cheaper, but they weren't as clean, or had as many options, or had the sport package like mine.. These cars are dropping fast.. probably because they are falling apart just as fast.. I bought mine a month ago and it's dropped one grand in that time.. another guy posted on here last week or so that his car went from 14k to 9k or something in one year according to KBB and competitors..

The people asking 14k are sitting on their stuff.. maybe theyre selling them a couple months down the line I don't know.. but if you want to sell your car in a couple weeks or less you are probably at around the high 8 to mid 9k range.

Also, something I am noticing ALOT with these cars: When I was looking at them I was finding many people are buying these cars and dumping them a couple months later.. almost everyone had the pink slip but I would check the issue date and one guy was selling 10 days after he got his pink.. infact I am not sure I really came across anyone who had actually owned their car for any amount of time.

Last edited by cmpcpro; 12-11-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM

9-11k??? hell no brother i rather burn the car or drive it off the cliff,again i think you are going by that crappy kbb

i bought the car for 10k cash in july/august barely put 300 miles on it...have thousands in parts and thousands in labor...car is in excellent shape as of now..all systems OK...perfect paint..perfect interior

i know i will sell it for 17 cash or least 15 cash but not a penny less

i had a guy wanting to trade a bad ass f250 with 8" nitrogen shocks and he is asking 22k for it but its a v10 tank...looking to trade for lifted turbo diesel or v8 since im buying a house so bmw is no good to me anymore....

like i said earlier sold my e39 with 190k miles for 10 cash with out guy even testing the car it was so clean with all new parts documented and pictures available at sale
Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcpro View Post
People can ask whatever they want, but in this economy it's low. If KBB is showing 9400 for your car then you probably did something wrong.. I have an 03 in near perfect shape and it just turned 130k and I am at 9600 on KBB.. I just bought the car last month for 10.5k.. I would say that is a "fair" price.. I found ones with less miles that I could have got for a couple hundred cheaper, but they weren't as clean, or had as many options, or had the sport package like mine.. These cars are dropping fast.. probably because they are falling apart just as fast.. I bought mine a month ago and it's dropped one grand in that time.. another guy posted on here last week or so that his car went from 14k to 9k or something in one year according to KBB and competitors..

The people asking 14k are sitting on their stuff.. maybe theyre selling them a couple months down the line I don't know.. but if you want to sell your car in a couple weeks or less you are probably at around the high 8 to mid 9k range.

Also, something I am noticing ALOT with these cars: When I was looking at them I was finding many people are buying these cars and dumping them a couple months later.. almost everyone had the pink slip but I would check the issue date and one guy was selling 10 days after he got his pink.. infact I am not sure I really came across anyone who had actually owned their car for any amount of time.
bought mine in august 10 cash..put less than 300 miles on it..its sitting in garage now in perfect condition...thousands in parts/thousands in repair i have pix and videos of all repairs...so i think ill get at least 15k for it not a penny less
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Well good luck with your sale if you get near that I will be very happy. Unfortunately fixing things dont increase the value. If you buy a car for 10k and its got 5k in problems you have to fix its still only worth 10k after.. I wish it was different..
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
I have a 2004 with 80k miles. All new brakes, alternator, radiator, entire coolant system, perfect inside and out....was offered $10k trade in at the local BMW dealer. This included 21" style 128 wheels. You will get less than $10k. Sorry....the market is low on these cars right now unless you find the right buyer.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 PM
President

Mein Auto: BMW
my 745i had like $50k in repairs, almost another $20k mods... plus i payed a lot for the car

i should have sold it for at least $40k....

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
'08 535i - Sport - Sport Trans - Navi - Comfort Seats - daily beater -
'07 GSXR-750 - Gray/Black - Akrapovic Ti Shorty Exhaust -
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Besessen Deutsch Autos

Mein Auto: 2006 X5 3.0
Unfortunately repairs dont make a difference in whole value, there may be some that if you can prove the car is well standing with no issues they will pay the extra so they dont have to pay for all these repairs, but most ppl when buying these cars dont know the half.
I cant think of how many people have asked me about my car and said they want one since i bought my 745 in january... every time somebody mentions it i laugh and say you dont want this car you won't be able to keep up with it... and thats not a snide remark its the truth the average person will dump a car before they pay for thousands in repairs. they simply aren't willing to drop the cash to enjoy the car, no matter how nice it is when it is actually working properly.
in the end im glad i bought an 02 and paid about 10 cash and repaired what i did myself. rather that than a few more grand just to have a newer year with the same or worse problems than i have had. i plan to drive the thing til it simply cannot be driven anymore, though

06 X5 3.0 Toledo Blue Metallic/Light Beige 2:
Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Sunshades,
+Factory Aux Input in Ashtray, Bluetooth, Rear PDC Sensors, Rear Electronic Adjustable Seat Backs,
+White Angel Eye LEDs, +5000k LED H11 Foglights, +Blacked Out Chrome Grill Surround, +Puddle Light Logo Projector
.. more updates to come

PREVIOUS 2002 745i
Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Kerry

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5
LOL if an 04 is going for 16-17 cash mine should be atleast 35...I'll be happy with 25K lmao

2007 BMW 750i Sport SOLD
2007 Infiniti M45 Sport SOLD
2006 Chevy Express G3500 SOLD
2012 Mercedes C300 Sport
2012 BMW X5 Sport Activity
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post
I have a 2004 with 80k miles. All new brakes, alternator, radiator, entire coolant system, perfect inside and out....was offered $10k trade in at the local BMW dealer. This included 21" style 128 wheels. You will get less than $10k. Sorry....the market is low on these cars right now unless you find the right buyer.
less than 10k?? are you all in here on crack??? of course if you take your car to dealer he will try to fxxx you over...never bought a car from a dealer in my life and never will...

in july sold my 2002 525i with 192k miles for 10000 cash..kbb was 5100

i mean if you can't sell your car that is your problem brother

i know what i got invested in past couple months so im not going to sell it for 10k or less...doesnt make any sense or logic

its like saying guy can have ferrari with 50k in aftermarket parts and you are trying to tell me guy would sell it for market value even though he just spent 50k cash in parts????
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharripe View Post
LOL if an 04 is going for 16-17 cash mine should be atleast 35...I'll be happy with 25K lmao
who said 04?? i got mine on cl for 17k cash FIRM...its 2002...had guys offering me 22k truck for even trade but was a v10 monster so i passed on it

i bet you 1000 cash that i will get 17k for mine or get a trade worth 20k...we got a deal?? im not BS over here
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Sadly, these cars values tank, and continue to tank until they aren't worth repairing. This is due in part to the fact that the 2002 745 is one of the MOST UNRELIABLE CARS produced in the last twenty years. At this point a repair cost large enough to be considered a total in the eyes of an insurance company is very possible.

I would say that the best you could get on trade is around 8k. Maybe on private sell 11-12k if very lucky. People are picking up 06's for 17k.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM

MODERATOR lets close this thread.....

all the reply i got is what """kbb is this and kbb is that"" """ dealer offered me this much"""" and similar BS...

dealer can kiss my ass.....bunch of crooks

kbb is for POS car like toyota/mercury and similar junks

if you guys go by what book is saying well thats your problem...

ain't going to give my clean looking 7 thats in perfect shape go for 10k or less since people are selling beat up junks for those prices....
Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 PM

Look, what you ask doesn't mean a thing.. you may be in denial, I wish I was.. I just bought my 03 for 10.5k, I have spent a couple grand on repairs in the month or so I've had it, and it's near perfect.. I would take 10.5k for it right now.. I don't think I could, well maybe but it will take a while.. these cars are just not bringing it.. Anyone can ask a high price on CL but if you want to see what things are really going for you can go to ebay and look up the completed list.. you can buy 02 745i's with low miles for 7k all day long.. those are the people who are either wholesalers or people who thought they could get more and put it up for auction or just wanted to blow the car out.. everyone else, who's asking 9-12k etc.. is sitting on them for weeks.. some eventually sell, the best ones, but most just sit.. we are in a really bad economy and this is a old luxury item.. the people with real money want newer, and the people who want these either don't have the cash or are few in between.. If a guy with a Ferrari puts 50k in mods he will be lucky to get an extra 8k or so.. I am sorry but it's the way it is. I have been buying and selling cars for many years. I have made the mod mistake, and you either take the stuff out and sell piece by piece or you give it away in the sale to sweeten the deal and sell it quicker.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Sadly, these cars values tank, and continue to tank until they aren't worth repairing. This is due in part to the fact that the 2002 745 is one of the MOST UNRELIABLE CARS produced in the last twenty years. At this point a repair cost large enough to be considered a total in the eyes of an insurance company is very possible.

I would say that the best you could get on trade is around 8k. Maybe on private sell 11-12k if very lucky. People are picking up 06's for 17k.
sure they are but with problems and all that crap....im not talking trading to dealer...private trade/private sale

bmw like mine has all the problems fixed,including alternator,bracket gasket,vcg,coolant pipe...not including tune up and all that bs..tranny filter etc etc and thousands in aftermarket parts....not including labor
Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerisheteknik View Post
MODERATOR lets close this thread.....

all the reply i got is what """kbb is this and kbb is that"" """ dealer offered me this much"""" and similar BS...

dealer can kiss my ass.....bunch of crooks

kbb is for POS car like toyota/mercury and similar junks

if you guys go by what book is saying well thats your problem...

ain't going to give my clean looking 7 thats in perfect shape go for 10k or less since people are selling beat up junks for those prices....
I am sorry buy I just bought a clean 03 with sport package near flawless interior, near flawless body, no issues for 10.5k.. 129k miles. I have near all the options.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerisheteknik View Post
sure they are but with problems and all that crap....im not talking trading to dealer...private trade/private sale

bmw like mine has all the problems fixed,including alternator,bracket gasket,vcg,coolant pipe...not including tune up and all that bs..tranny filter etc etc and thousands in aftermarket parts....not including labor
I am not going to keep arguing, at the end of the day it's your car and you can do what you'd like, but a car with all those problems fixed is a "clean car". If you had all those problems when you bought your car then you paid alot.. If someone told me that they fixed all those things in a month, I would run.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I am sorry buy I just bought a clean 03 with sport package near flawless interior, near flawless body, no issues for 10.5k.. 129k miles. I have near all the options.
but its all stock isn't it??? hello i just said how much i spent on repairs/parts/aftermarket parts not including labor all in less than 300 miles...

you paying 10.5 with 130k miles doesn't mean anything...you can drive 5 miles tommorow and car be in safe mode....tranny goes out....coolant pipe leak...what else?? and after you would fix it would you sell it for 10.5 or for more to break even???
Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I am not going to keep arguing, at the end of the day it's your car and you can do what you'd like, but a car with all those problems fixed is a "clean car". If you had all those problems when you bought your car then you paid alot.. If someone told me that they fixed all those things in a month, I would run.
you would run?? i gave a benefit of doubt to a guy since he said his so called bmw tech fixed alternator..which he didn't and didn't even touch alternator bracket gasket...

i think you have me confused with some redneck backyard mechanic...because when i fix a car its fixed to standards or even better than dealer..but thats just me

dont have to be a rocket scientist to work on bmw bro
Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
i tell you what i would run if someone is selling 02 for 8-10k cash...why?? i know he is selling it for a reason and hidden problems....but if someone is asking over price i would rather buy that since there was money/time/parts invested especially if there is proof of parts/aftermarket parts just replaced with pix and vids....

its common sense but i guess none of you read my thread at begining me saying i just spent thousands on repairs,aftermarket parts not including labor if car was fixed by dealer or some redneck that has no clue about bmw or some indy shop
Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Look, what you ask doesn't mean a thing.. you may be in denial, I wish I was.. I just bought my 03 for 10.5k, I have spent a couple grand on repairs in the month or so I've had it, and it's near perfect.. I would take 10.5k for it right now.. I don't think I could, well maybe but it will take a while.. these cars are just not bringing it.. Anyone can ask a high price on CL but if you want to see what things are really going for you can go to ebay and look up the completed list.. you can buy 02 745i's with low miles for 7k all day long.. those are the people who are either wholesalers or people who thought they could get more and put it up for auction or just wanted to blow the car out.. everyone else, who's asking 9-12k etc.. is sitting on them for weeks.. some eventually sell, the best ones, but most just sit.. we are in a really bad economy and this is a old luxury item.. the people with real money want newer, and the people who want these either don't have the cash or are few in between.. If a guy with a Ferrari puts 50k in mods he will be lucky to get an extra 8k or so.. I am sorry but it's the way it is. I have been buying and selling cars for many years. I have made the mod mistake, and you either take the stuff out and sell piece by piece or you give it away in the sale to sweeten the deal and sell it quicker.
lmao..you been buying cars for many years??? maybe you should change your proffession buddy
bmw for 7k?? well it must be some POS and i would run from that ****
ive been selling cars for couple years as a hobby and i always made profit...let me say one more time...sold my 2002 BMW 525i with 190k miles for 10k cash and kbb was 5100....i know what i had in parts not including labor....i didn't scam people but i know my work and how much time i spent on it...so i made couple grand in profit but car was worth it as it was in excellent condition and engine was so clean you could eat of off it .... i broke even on the car
so thats the way i see it
Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 PM

Hey I have 13,000 in repairs this year and its in the shop again. I have documentation regarding the work that has been done on the car. So I'm thinking its worth $23,000. It's an 02 w 91,000 miles. Really good deal guys seriously.
combination nu
Ball Joint
Tension strut with hydr
Fuel Gauge
Total $13,481.37 in one year my mechanic swears all these parts are re engineered to work better than the originals lol
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Seriously
combination nu
Ball Joint
Tension strut with hydr
Fuel Gauge
Old 12-11-2012, 08:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 760Li
These cars take a dive as the miles climb. That's just the sad truth. Just because you fixed something yesterday doesn't mean it won't break tomorrow.

When you mod a car, you build your personality into it. No two people want the same thing when it comes to mods, and you will never get anywhere close to the same money out of it. I've seen guys put $60k into cars worth $15k. It never comes back out.

Problems lower the cars value; repairs only restore it, not raise it.
Closed Thread