Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-16-2012, 02:18 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post

That being said, I applaud you for not giving in to SF Car dealerships scam with dealer fees.
Thanks, but I don't think they care

Got another quote (over the phone so possible to take it down a notch) from another dealer - very similar to Braman's: invoice + $1000 + $599 dealer fee + $925 acquisition (all the dealers mark that up by $200 here). Florida dealers (like in CA) have a special 24mo Lease rate going on (73% residual, 0.00125 mf for a 24mo lease). The salesperson told me that that deal is to make money and they won't go under invoice + $1000 + all other markups. Seems like BMW is giving the incentive and the dealers want a piece of it (or all).

Anyway, what kind of savings (other than the added benefit of a driving class) should I expect with a PCD; i.e. invoice + $500, invoice, maybe under invoice? How about the dealer and acquisition fees? If I don't want to drive back (700+ miles in February), I understand they can ship the car, but only to the dealer, so it may not work with out-of-state bimmerfest sponsors.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
Thanks, but I don't think they care

Got another quote (over the phone so possible to take it down a notch) from another dealer - very similar to Braman's: invoice + $1000 + $599 dealer fee + $925 acquisition (all the dealers mark that up by $200 here). Florida dealers (like in CA) have a special 24mo Lease rate going on (73% residual, 0.00125 mf for a 24mo lease). The salesperson told me that that deal is to make money and they won't go under invoice + $1000 + all other markups. Seems like BMW is giving the incentive and the dealers want a piece of it (or all).

Anyway, what kind of savings (other than the added benefit of a driving class) should I expect with a PCD; i.e. invoice + $500, invoice, maybe under invoice? How about the dealer and acquisition fees? If I don't want to drive back (700+ miles in February), I understand they can ship the car, but only to the dealer, so it may not work with out-of-state bimmerfest sponsors.
pcd by itself isnt any cheaper. it still comes out of the dealer's allocation unlike ED (some ED does come out of the allocation)
what it does open up for you it to use a dealer anywhere in the country and have the car delivered to the PCD center.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Old 12-18-2012, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: 328i conv
I just had a very positive experience with Coggin BMW on the Treasure Coast. 535i ED. Very easy and fair transaction. I went there after a negative experience with Braman.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
... I personally would and did PCD, it's free and quite fun. ....
I'm also in South Florida. Isn't PCD pricing equal to MSRP? How do you get an INVOICE + $$$ deal with PCD?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:06 AM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
I'm also in South Florida. Isn't PCD pricing equal to MSRP? How do you get an INVOICE + $$$ deal with PCD?
The deal is just like a regular US delivery deal except they ship it to the PC. Why couldn't you negotiate??

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 12-19-2012, 04:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
The deal is just like a regular US delivery deal except they ship it to the PC. Why couldn't you negotiate??
If PCD delivery is the same as any other deal, then I don't understand why it's any easier to do a PCD delivery than the usual dealer games.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Pastafarian Extraordinair

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
If PCD delivery is the same as any other deal, then I don't understand why it's any easier to do a PCD delivery than the usual dealer games.
When you do PCD delivery, you will be picking up your car in a set location (regardless of where the dealer is actually at). This give you the power of negotiating with dealers that are all over the country without having the headache of driving there.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 AM

Mein Auto: 335i
I guess the deal you get from the out-of-state dealer should worth going to South Carolina (pay for the flight), picking the car and driving it back (it's a 700 mile trip to South Florida for example - that's 10 hours of your time and added mileage to the car) and I think it has to be done during the week so you need to take time of from work.

From what I read from these forums, many seem to do it just for fun/adventure even if the savings are not that substantial.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Where did you get this idea?

PCD is a delivery option for ordered cars, just like picking up at the dealer, or in Munich.

Negotiate price on what you order THEN, decide on PCD. PCD also gives you ability to purchase from any dealer in the US.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 AM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
I guess the deal you get from the out-of-state dealer should worth going to South Carolina (pay for the flight), picking the car and driving it back (it's a 700 mile trip to South Florida for example - that's 10 hours of your time and added mileage to the car) and I think it has to be done during the week so you need to take time of from work.

From what I read from these forums, many seem to do it just for fun/adventure even if the savings are not that substantial.

Well for me it was substantial once I could not get a great deal locally and picking it up at SC allowed me to work with Greg who saved me several thousand dollars.