Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #301  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,899
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroveTuckey View Post
Shawn or myself can PM you the info for the 2012 dvd's if you like. Well if that is ok with Shawn. I can even send you the DVD's I used to upgrade mine to 2012 maps. You can PM me with your address and I will try to get them in the mail tomorrow if you want to go that route.
The problem is the update to 2013 went through 100%, so I am not sure a 2012 instance would be of any help, not to mention it shouldn't even be looking for a DVD. Let's see what we have in the morning.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 PM
lindros2 lindros2 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: The Ghetto Hood
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 454
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroveTuckey View Post
Shawn or myself can PM you the info for the 2012 dvd's if you like. Well if that is ok with Shawn. I can even send you the DVD's I used to upgrade mine to 2012 maps. You can PM me with your address and I will try to get them in the mail tomorrow if you want to go that route.
You are an amazingly nice person to do this.

+1 for community.

+2 that I was super fortunate that mine worked.

[and +3 that it appears to speed up as it caches data - day 1 with 2013 maps was painfully slow, but now on day 3 it's faster than 2010 data]
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:46 PM
GroveTuckey's Avatar
GroveTuckey GroveTuckey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 820
Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
The problem is the update to 2013 went through 100%, so I am not sure a 2012 instance would be of any help, not to mention it shouldn't even be looking for a DVD. Let's see what we have in the morning.

I figured if the system lost it's way so to speak it may take the 2012 maps. What could possibly go wrong
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:55 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,899
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
You are an amazingly nice person to do this.

+1 for community.

+2 that I was super fortunate that mine worked.

[and +3 that it appears to speed up as it caches data - day 1 with 2013 maps was painfully slow, but now on day 3 it's faster than 2010 data]
Yes, nice indeed to offer to help out with the DVD's.

I think though rather then you being super fortunate, Bobleo was super unfortunate. These are OEM BMW Maps installed via the BMW method. What ever the issue is here, it is the exception, not the norm, and the same would be happening for him with a dealer purchased thumb drive and FSC Code.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 12-28-2012, 09:01 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,899
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroveTuckey View Post
I figured if the system lost it's way so to speak it may take the 2012 maps. What could possibly go wrong
We may end up giving them a shot still yet, although I would prefer if we do that we use 2013 DVD's first.

19 Down, and only 4 to go on that front.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 12-28-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 PM
GroveTuckey's Avatar
GroveTuckey GroveTuckey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 820
Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
We may end up giving them a shot still yet, although I would prefer if we do that we use 2013 DVD's first.

19 Down, and only 4 to go on that front.
I was going to say we can let him try the 2013 dvd's you created. Since this has come up I will make all the DVD's so I can ship them off if needed. I guess if he has a dual layer DVD burner he can grab them also.

This would totally bum me out if this happened.

I started to download the ones there were complete when I first seen your message you were uploading.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 12-28-2012, 09:58 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,899
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes, nice indeed to offer to help out with the DVD's.

I think though rather then you being super fortunate, Bobleo was super unfortunate. These are OEM BMW Maps installed via the BMW method. What ever the issue is here, it is the exception, not the norm, and the same would be happening for him with a dealer purchased thumb drive and FSC Code.
...and for my own edification, I just confirmed that the Map FSC Code purchased from BMW and the one Generated are identical.

These pictures show a Dealer purchased OEM FSC code for 002D0002 Road Map North America Premium 2010, which was LZDLXZAMWZTBEABNAABA, and the matching generated FSC Code.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 Map FSC Code - OEM.png
Views:	89
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	355033

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 Map FSC Code - GEN.png
Views:	79
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	355034

So, there is nothing about this that is not OEM. It's OEM Maps, an OEM FSC Code, and the OEM update method.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 12-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Bobleo Bobleo is offline
Registered User
Location: Ma
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: 535i xDrive
Update

Shawn and GroveTuckey, First I want to say thank you for your help with this problem I am having. However after letting it sit over night I still am getting the same thing on the iDrive: "To start navigation, please insert map DVD". I do have a dual layer DVD burner, as I updated my nav system in my old Toyota a couple of years ago. Shawn, I think you are right about the DVD needing to be 2013 as the upgrade did finish with 100%, rebooted, then asked me to insert the map DVD. The only thing I can think of, is when the system was finished and rebooted I did remove the USB drive from the glove box, before the system booted all the way up (I thought it would try to reload the update again) maybe that is where I went wrong. I am feeling quite bad right now, if I caused this problem??? The iDrive seems to only want the DVD at this time. Any luck with the ISO(s)? Thank you both again, with luck like this why cant I win the lottery instead, got to keep a positive attitude. Bobleo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	355040  
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Erregend's Avatar
Erregend Erregend is offline
535i M-Sport ED May 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 961
Mein Auto: '11 M-Spt 535i & '04 SLK
Hi Shawn,

Can you please pm info to me also.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:51 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,899
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobleo View Post
Shawn and GroveTuckey, First I want to say thank you for your help with this problem I am having. However after letting it sit over night I still am getting the same thing on the iDrive: "To start navigation, please insert map DVD". I do have a dual layer DVD burner, as I updated my nav system in my old Toyota a couple of years ago. Shawn, I think you are right about the DVD needing to be 2013 as the upgrade did finish with 100%, rebooted, then asked me to insert the map DVD. The only thing I can think of, is when the system was finished and rebooted I did remove the USB drive from the glove box, before the system booted all the way up (I thought it would try to reload the update again) maybe that is where I went wrong. I am feeling quite bad right now, if I caused this problem??? The iDrive seems to only want the DVD at this time. Any luck with the ISO(s)? Thank you both again, with luck like this why cant I win the lottery instead, got to keep a positive attitude. Bobleo
Ok. I have just sent you a PM.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:11 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,899
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erregend View Post
Hi Shawn,

Can you please pm info to me also.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:25 AM
jkjjpc jkjjpc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 193
Mein Auto: Audi A4
Have an Mac users successfully performed the update?

The update seems to be designed for Windows users. I do run Windows on my Mac using Parallels, but I was wondering if anyone has successfully run the update from their Mac?
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:09 AM
gbates gbates is offline
Registered User
Location: Ok
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: 2012 550ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjjpc View Post
The update seems to be designed for Windows users. I do run Windows on my Mac using Parallels, but I was wondering if anyone has successfully run the update from their Mac?
Yes, I updated via a Mac - successfully. Give it a try. I'll be glad to help in any way.
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:34 AM
GroveTuckey's Avatar
GroveTuckey GroveTuckey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 820
Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok. I have just sent you a PM.

I am finally un-raring the files.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 AM
bklyn550 bklyn550 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 205
Mein Auto: 2011 550i sport
Navi on iPhone better than than BMW
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 AM
GJR21A GJR21A is offline
Registered User
Location: ALABAMA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 328I E93
Hello Shawn. I would also like the info for the upgrade. I have a July 09 build so I'm pretty sure I am still CIC and I have tried the USB but no luck so it looks like I will have to burn DVDs

THanks!
__________________
2009 328I M Sport E93
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:58 AM
GroveTuckey's Avatar
GroveTuckey GroveTuckey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 820
Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn550 View Post
Navi on iPhone better than than BMW
Maybe now that google maps is now available

I have used Waze and MapQuest and those are pretty decent apps. I do like my Garmin but don't take that everywhere I go.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,899
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJR21A View Post
Hello Shawn. I would also like the info for the upgrade. I have a July 09 build so I'm pretty sure I am still CIC and I have tried the USB but no luck so it looks like I will have to burn DVDs

THanks!
Yes, so it seems your pre 09/2009 build has problem with USB update too. So what do you need? 2013 DVD's? The ones I just sent to GroveTuckey were manually created from the USB version and are untested yet.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM
GroveTuckey's Avatar
GroveTuckey GroveTuckey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 820
Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJR21A View Post
Hello Shawn. I would also like the info for the upgrade. I have a July 09 build so I'm pretty sure I am still CIC and I have tried the USB but no luck so it looks like I will have to burn DVDs

THanks!
This was my problem!
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM
GJR21A GJR21A is offline
Registered User
Location: ALABAMA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 328I E93
Yes I guess I will need to create 3 DVDs. I have been trying to create Disk 1 from a torrent file but no one really is seeding regularly (goes from 7 hours left to download to 1 Year left) so just to experiment I loaded a blank Dual Layer with what I had downloaded and popped it in. It recognized and asked me to have my code ready (I'll be getting it from Sierra5) but of course it eventually said that my disc is unreadable (I suppose due to the incomplete files).

Thanks!
__________________
2009 328I M Sport E93
Reply With Quote
  #321  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:13 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,899
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJR21A View Post
Yes I guess I will need to create 3 DVDs. I have been trying to create Disk 1 from a torrent file but no one really is seeding regularly (goes from 7 hours left to download to 1 Year left) so just to experiment I loaded a blank Dual Layer with what I had downloaded and popped it in. It recognized and asked me to have my code ready (I'll be getting it from Sierra5) but of course it eventually said that my disc is unreadable (I suppose due to the incomplete files).

Thanks!
Ok, so maybe you can try and test the 2013 DVD version too. I'll let GroveTuckey give you the download details assuming he is fine with that.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:20 AM
GroveTuckey's Avatar
GroveTuckey GroveTuckey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 820
Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok, so maybe you can try and test the 2013 DVD version too. I'll let GroveTuckey give you the download details assuming he is fine with that.
I will PM him with that info.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:27 AM
GroveTuckey's Avatar
GroveTuckey GroveTuckey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 820
Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJR21A View Post
Yes I guess I will need to create 3 DVDs. I have been trying to create Disk 1 from a torrent file but no one really is seeding regularly (goes from 7 hours left to download to 1 Year left) so just to experiment I loaded a blank Dual Layer with what I had downloaded and popped it in. It recognized and asked me to have my code ready (I'll be getting it from Sierra5) but of course it eventually said that my disc is unreadable (I suppose due to the incomplete files).

Thanks!
PM sent.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:58 AM
GroveTuckey's Avatar
GroveTuckey GroveTuckey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 820
Mein Auto: 2009 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok, so maybe you can try and test the 2013 DVD version too. I'll let GroveTuckey give you the download details assuming he is fine with that.
DVD 2 was too big to burn on a DVD DL disk. Would not let me overburn either.

I have to run out for a bit and will be back later.

Last edited by GroveTuckey; 12-29-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:00 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,899
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroveTuckey View Post
DVD 2 was too big to burn on a DVD DL disk. Would not let me overburn either.
Ugh...well that is a problem. I guess the same folders / files in the 2012 version fit on a single DVD, but 2013 is too big. Let me take another look at it and see if this is something that can be changed.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms