Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:48 AM

Mein Auto: 750li
battery drain 7 series

i keep getting an error message (the yellow triangle) and the dealer tells me i'm not shutting the car off properly. Starting to get pissed.
Ads by Google
Old 12-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Do you drive very low miles? Rarely use the car?

I didnt use mine for a couple days and had the battery discharge warning. Never returned now that I drive it almost everyday.

Kinda funny they say you're not turning the car off properly, considering you can tell if you just hit the Start/Stop button once. Your electronics are still on and your steering wheel is still down. How can you miss that??

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750i 2006 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecronan View Post
i keep getting an error message (the yellow triangle) and the dealer tells me i'm not shutting the car off properly. Starting to get pissed.
The battery is finicky, and the mandatory 15 minute shutdown procedure that keeps the cooling fan running does not help. Try shutting off the car by hitting the Start/Stop twice, or just locking the car when you exit.

I finally bought the BMW battery tender ($69) to juice it up if I leave the car for a few days without driving.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 740i
I drive my car to work everyday for a total of 4 miles (around 10-15 minutes of total travel time) and have not encountered this problem, so I am not completely sure whether low miles should really be an issue (although I have read the low miles explanation in multiple places). I do lock the car when I leave to make sure everything is shut down rather than having the car automatically do the shut down for me 8 minutes later. I also never use any of the automatic ventilation/etc. that turns things on even when you're not in the car.

The only time I had some indication that the battery was not charged appropriately was after I came back from a 3 week vacation. When I returned the car started, but had the warning sign on. I just took a joy ride for 20-30 minutes to recharge the battery and the next time I started the car, no warning signs appeared.

Could very well be something else is wrong. Not sure what it could be though.