Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i
is anyone use the carbon fiber mirror cover ?

I saw some the carbon fiber mirror cover that using 3M tape install on the top of the original mirror covers. Are those real carbon fiber ? does it look good to install on top of the original one?
Any feedback?

2014 550i, Jet Black / Black Dakota Black, Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim, M-Sport Package, Executive Package, LED Lighting Package, M Aerodynamics Package, HUD, Adaptive LED Headlight, Harman/kardon Surround Sound System. Surround/top View Camera, BMW Apps via SmartPhone, Split fold-down-rear seat ...

Advertisement
Old 01-09-2017, 09:06 PM
BimmerFreak

Mein Auto: 535i Xdrive Msport Pkg
I have seen them on some cars, they look nice. There are some on ebay, mostt are not carbon fiber but with carbon fiber coating. If you are looking to put these then definitely think of installing the bumper lips, side marker lights, spoiler, side skirts all put to carbon fiber. Because just the carbon fiber mirror case would look odd, if you have everything else this is not CF

Last edited by kamsbimmer; 01-09-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:44 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk535i View Post
I saw some the carbon fiber mirror cover that using 3M tape install on the top of the original mirror covers. Are those real carbon fiber ? does it look good to install on top of the original one?
Any feedback?
The Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers are installed on top of your OEM mirror cap using 3M tape, however Carbon Fiber Mirror Replacements clip on and replace the OEM mirror cap. Both options we have are made with real carbon fiber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamsbimmer View Post
If you are looking to put these then definitely think of installing the bumper lips, side marker lights, spoiler, side skirts all put to carbon fiber. Because just the carbon fiber mirror case would look odd, if you have everything else this is not CF
Check out our selection of carbon fiber products at www.rwcarbon.com. We have a variety of front lips, trunk spoilers and side skirts for your F10.

PM me for any questions or package pricing

Find BMW Carbon Fiber Parts | Web: www.rwcarbon.com
email: greg@rwcarbon.com | Facebook | Blog | Instagram
sales/customer service: 714.328.4406
Old 01-10-2017, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: 640 GC, X5
Yep, had them on my GT and have them now on my 6 GC. They look nice for the price (~$60). If you look close, you can see that they're covers and not the actual mirror but I don't really care and I don't think anyone else does either. For the price, it's a nice mod and much better than wrapping it like some people do.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
I like the replacement version better, it's look more like stock than just the cover with the tape stick over the original. of course the cost different too. Are the cover with 3m tape version stick very good? does it hold good for using automatic car wash ?

2014 550i, Jet Black / Black Dakota Black, Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim, M-Sport Package, Executive Package, LED Lighting Package, M Aerodynamics Package, HUD, Adaptive LED Headlight, Harman/kardon Surround Sound System. Surround/top View Camera, BMW Apps via SmartPhone, Split fold-down-rear seat ...

Old 01-10-2017, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: 640 GC, X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk535i View Post
I like the replacement version better, it's look more like stock than just the cover with the tape stick over the original. of course the cost different too. Are the cover with 3m tape version stick very good? does it hold good for using automatic car wash ?
The tape version holds on very strong. I had my current ones on my last car for about 1 year with numerous car washes without issues. When I sold my car, I just pulled them off and stuck them on my 6 series. I like the fact that I can just pull them off when I'm ready to sell the car without risking damaging my original mirrors. Plus, it's cheap so if I were to scratch it, no biggy.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search