Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:52 PM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
Mystery Part Identification Game May Have a Winner Before It Starts

Okay, attached are two photos indicating the white plastic piece that I am attempting to identify. My local parts department cannot locate it, I attempted through realoem.com and cannot locate it either. The first parts guy suggested it was sold as a single piece with the seatback which I dismissed as ludicrous to replace an entire seat for a small plastic clip holder.

UPDATE: I just had an epiphany! I used an F01 on realoem and think I found it! Will call parts department tomorrow to verify. Anyway, if anyone takes apart their seatback I posted a short DIY in this thread: Luxury rear seating....a bird in the back?

So this is the part number I am going to be ordering: 52109157195 found here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...37&hg=52&fg=10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seatbackattnwhitepiece.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	420078   Click image for larger version

Name:	rearclipcloseupb.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	420079  
Ads by Google
Old 02-03-2014, 01:39 PM
GhostWorks

Mein Auto: E60 530i ES
Any luck with your missing item ?

Did you do a rear entertainment retrofit ?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-03-2014, 02:25 PM
There is no spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWorks View Post
Any luck with your missing item ?

Did you do a rear entertainment retrofit ?

Not sure and no, thanks for asking!

Parts Dept has not responded to my inquiry yet (sent email Saturday after COB), but my SA said he would be a bugger on my behalf. I'm about 90% sure it is the correct piece but still baffled why said part is missing from F07 parts inventory listing.

The rear entertainment was factory but this discovery arose due to a metal on metal chirping noise identified. Whole story can be found here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=714990
Old 02-03-2014, 03:37 PM
GhostWorks

Mein Auto: E60 530i ES
I read the post as well, hope it's sorts the noise out

Old 02-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 540
Is it number 9 in the real OEM diagram? That's exactly what you need. They are available independantly
Old 02-03-2014, 07:43 PM
There is no spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94RX View Post
Is it number 9 in the real OEM diagram? That's exactly what you need. They are available independantly
That is the part I'm betting on and it makes sense that it comes as a set of four...I normally purchase through getbmwparts, but the local guys have been good to me and I value the ability to ID the correct part in person and return it on the spot with no hassles if incorrect. Plus it's an inexpensive part so shipping will probably double the price.

Although, the first guy I dealt with tried to tell me it comes as a unit with the metal frame seat back. I attempted to use logic with him that his own dealership would cry bloody murder with BMW if they had to purchase an entire seat back for a small plastic piece. Anyway, I'll follow up tomorrow with the parts department about order status so I can hopefully provide positive news to close this thread down shortly.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:22 PM
There is no spoon

Winner, winner chicken dinner!

Just picked up my order! Exactly what I was needing! Interestingly, they said it only came as a set of two...to get four clips cost $9.61 after tax.