Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Considering PCD for M3 and X3

My wife and I are considering a X3 and M3 (hers and mine respectively). From reading posts here and articles in Roundel, we are very interested in PCD. My question, is it possible to schedule both, with enough notice, for pick-up on the same day? Time-frame would be either mid April or May.

PCD aside, I know my other potential problem is the M3 allocation. I am looking to secure a deal within the next 30 days. Need to get past the holidays.
Ads by Google
Old 12-18-2012, 06:01 AM

Mein Auto: '07 750i BMW; '03 Z4 BMW
The X3 is made in SC and the M3 in Germany. To get delivery on the same day will require your dealer to order so the production date for the M3 has a great enough lead time so the M3 is delivered to the PDC about the same time as the X3 which is made next door. In other words, your dealer will have to order the M3 two to four weeks in advance of the X3.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 3.5i
Plus, don't you want to wait for the F30 version of the M3?

2013 X3 3.5/alpine/chestnut/sienna/premium/tech/bmw apps/heated seats/PDC delivery on 12/5
Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White View Post
Plus, don't you want to wait for the F30 version of the M3?
I prefer the coupe model (F32) which isn't schedule to be available until sometime 2015. My plan is to drive the existing model until the LCI version of the F32 is released and, provided that I like it, arrange for ED. ED is on my "Bucket List".

The current E92 is an older design but it works for me (minus the gas guzzler tax).
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 3.5i
Gotcha. ED is on my bucket list too.

2013 X3 3.5/alpine/chestnut/sienna/premium/tech/bmw apps/heated seats/PDC delivery on 12/5
Old 12-18-2012, 03:01 PM

Mein Auto: 128i convertible
If you did PCD with your wife in 2 bimmers you could bring two other drivers with you. Everything is set up for two people. 2 dinners, breakfasts, and lunches per vehicle. Two people swapping out in the driving exercises.

Jim
Old 12-18-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD1 View Post
If you did PCD with your wife in 2 bimmers you could bring two other drivers with you. Everything is set up for two people. 2 dinners, breakfasts, and lunches per vehicle. Two people swapping out in the driving exercises.

Jim
Thinking about bringing our children who are not at the driving age. PCD would be coupled with a stop in D.C.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhman View Post
Thinking about bringing our children who are not at the driving age. PCD would be coupled with a stop in D.C.
What are you going to do with your kids while you and your wife are at the performance center ?
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Quote:
You can't bring kids to PCD. It is designed for 2 adults, only.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
You can't bring kids to PCD. It is designed for 2 adults, only.
Is there a minimum age? I reviewed the FAQ on BMW's website but didn't see reference to guest restrictions (i.e. age). My kids are 12 and 14.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Quote:
Is there a minimum age? I reviewed the FAQ on BMW's website but didn't see reference to guest restrictions (i.e. age). My kids are 12 and 14.
In the information that BMW sends you after you request PCD, there is specific reference that all persons attending must have a valid drivers license.

There is simply no means to accomodate someone who is not an adult, during the experience. I realize you are talking about having two cars, so each kid could be a "passenger", but I'm certain this is not allowed due to liability.

Still, don't let their exclusion preclude you from the PCD experience. It is fantastic, and I'm going back for my second one next month. Take them to this, instead: http://www.bmwusa.com/performancecenter#teenschool
Old 12-20-2012, 06:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X6M
I have a PCD scheduled, and the below is a cut and paste from my confirmation email:

The delivery program is designed for you and one guest; additional guests cannot be accommodated, NO EXCEPTIONS.
· Your delivery day will start at 8am and conclude around 3pm.
· Participants must present a valid driver’s license (participants 15 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian).
· Child care services are not available. If your guest is a child under the age of 12, you will be required to accompany them in our café and will not be able to participate in the BMW factory tour or any driving activities during the day.
· No pets are allowed at the BMW Performance Center or the Marriott hotel.
· Dress code is casual and comfortable. Completely enclosed shoes (no high heels, sandals, or clogs) are required.
· European Delivery customers, who have already taken delivery of their vehicle in Europe, will not receive a vehicle overview during re-delivery.

So it looks like, while your 12 and 14 year old kids obviously won't be able to participate, based on the above (which I recommend to call or email the PCD via your CA to confirm) it appears that you will be allowed to participate while the kids hang out. If the kids were under 12, you'd be forced to supervise them and sit out all of the activities. Don't take it from me confirm with your CA and have them email PCD and get a response.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:28 PM

ddk632, thank you for posting the information. According to the conditions (for PCD) it speaks to children under the age of 12. If so, I should be okay with my two kids (12 and 14). I will need to get this addressed prior to scheduling but there is some hope.

Unfortunate condition about not bringing pets...I have two Golden Retrievers and one could've served as the navigator....JK.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X6M
No problem. Hey, they'll be able to do the factory tour and possibly the hot lap in the M5, so they'll still have tons of fun. I would've loved to visit a BMW factory when I was 12
Old 12-22-2012, 07:33 AM

Mein Auto: 09 335Cabrio zsp/11 335d
I am under the impression that if a child is over 12 they can ride in the car with you(cars usually have one driver and one passenger and they switch off the driving) but not drive (ie participate) the car. You should call the PC to find out, or Jonathan will likely have the answer when he sees this. N4S