Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 12-18-2012, 06:36 AM

Mein Auto: Honda
528i - 2013 May/June ED

Hi all:
Very nice forum and thank you all for the valuable information provided in various threads - helped me a lot in educating myself on the ED process.

I am considering my very first BMW and am planning to do ED. I live near San Jose, CA. I have few questions..

1. Is this time too early to plan for May/June delivery?

2. If this is not too early, can I take advantage of deals going around now, such as holiday credit?

3. Can I choose the day of delivery? I will be flying via frankfurt to my native (India) and I would like to make a stopover to do european tour. This date is fixed. I want the ED to coincide with this stopover.

thank you,
Kn.
Ads by Google
Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport
Hey man,

First...see the wiki. It can answer a large number of your questions.

1. Nope. The earlier you plan, the better. You can reserve your ED date up to 6 months in advance.

2. "Some" you potentially can. Almost every deal has an end date. Your CA can help you with the specifics.

3. You provide BMW with 3 days in priority order, and they tell confirm a date. If you reserve this far out, you are very likely to get your first date. Please keep in mind that there are days that BMW does not deliver cars. You can find that on BMW's website (or your CA can give it to you). If your date is set, you need to reserve "soon". Just a thought, but if you don't get the exact day you want, all is not lost. You can easily spend a week exploring Munich.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:21 AM

thank you AggieKnight..Appreciate your help..

yes, I went through the Wiki and I thought I didn't find anything that said I can reserve the car 6 months in advance.. your reply helped..

We need the car to go around Europe, so, I need to make sure that I get the car at the time of landing.. Will see if I get my first choice date..

thanks,
Kn
Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by knkums View Post
We need the car to go around Europe, so, I need to make sure that I get the car at the time of landing.. Will see if I get my first choice date..
And if you don't, you get around via public transport and explore a fantastic city. ;-)
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328 Saloon
Check/research for German Holiday's too. I picked my car up on a Friday and it was Ascension day I think and the factory was closed. I still toured the factory the following week, but I suggest to check the small details like that. My CA didn't even know this after I asked specifically about this date. (5.14.10)

Congrats and it's a wonderful experience from start to end!

http://www.holidays-info.com/Holiday...days_2013.html

ED - 5.14.10
ED Drop off - 5.22.10
Car arrived in Brunswick, GA - 6.21.10
Released from Customs - 6.25.10
PCD Redelivery - 7.12.10

Picking up the car at the Welt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Ulzi58u6I
My 140MPH A92 run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRej5VEQpmc

ED May 14, 2010

Last edited by Vanos4:12PM; 12-19-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Thank you, Venos.. Very useful info.. will research on those small details..

Looking at your signature, this thought comes to my mind.. so, if I were to take ED around May/June, will I be picking up 2014 528i or 2013? I am now confused. Will I be signing the contract for 2013 or 14?

thanks.
Kn
Old 12-19-2012, 04:43 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Both AggieKnight and Vanos gave very good answers and both are well-versed about ED.

I would only add that BMW recommends at least a three-month lead time but the more time you allow the better the chance that you will get your first choice of dates. We did our research in late December and early January, placed our order on January 25 2011, and got our first choice date of May 12. It seems like most people here get their first choice date. If I were planning for next year I would move those dates forward another week or two to help insure good weather.

As Vanos mentioned, there are German holidays on which BMW Welt, Museum, and/or Factory are closed. I've put those dates in the ED Calendar the last couple of years. You can use this link and check periodically to see when they post their holidays schedule for 2013: http://www.bmw-welt.com/en/index.html.

To answer your most recent question, you will most likely be picking up a 2013. BMW has scheduled the end of June/beginning of July for model year changeover for the last couple of years.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!