Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 12-18-2012, 01:43 PM

Mein Auto: 1991 BMW 525I
heater vents

Ok, thanks for all the help and hints as I worked out my engine issue. Now that I think it is good, time to work towards getting the heater vents to work properly.

I assume there are shutter doors that open and close to redistribute the air. I hear the blower motor going well but not much air coming through. When I move the selector to defrost windshierld, I hear it change but it doesn't change enough to blow much air to the windshild. In fact, no matter what I select, not much air comes out of any vent.

Are these electric or cable actuated doors. Any ideas?

91 525I

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Humble E34 lover

Mein Auto: 1992 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryntyr View Post
Ok, thanks for all the help and hints as I worked out my engine issue. Now that I think it is good, time to work towards getting the heater vents to work properly.

I assume there are shutter doors that open and close to redistribute the air. I hear the blower motor going well but not much air coming through. When I move the selector to defrost windshierld, I hear it change but it doesn't change enough to blow much air to the windshild. In fact, no matter what I select, not much air comes out of any vent.

Are these electric or cable actuated doors. Any ideas?

91 525I

Thanks
Your cabin filter may be clogged. It is common and will severely restrict the flow of air through all vents.

Here is one of several DIY write ups on it:

http://bmw4life.com/microFilter.htm

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noego View Post
It's Deja Poo - as in, I've heard this **** before.
Steve

Calypso Red 1992 525i with 200K miles

1991 735i - Sold
1992 525i - Sold
1995 325is - Sold
2000 528i - Sold