Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa50i View Post
Totally agree with you on these comments. The GL is awfully nice to drive if you need a third row frequently and can stomach the sticker with options. Not an X5 competitor in my book, since I rhino the BMW third row is a waste of time. The Q7 is pretty small in back for dealing with all of that length in daily use. Not worth it to me, but a great front seat environment for sure.
Yeah, the GL is an awesome drive. Basically an S Class in a SUV body. If I ever had a big family, that is what I'm buying (in diesel form)

Quote:
I also think it's a bit funny how the Range Rover doesnt even offer a third row except in the lower level Land Rover line. As if, the Queen won't have any of that...haha.
I'm curious to drive the new one with the weight loss program.
3rd row is supposed to be delayed introduction on the new Range.

Even the new Mercedes ML is getting a useless 3rd row option as delayed intro.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tol4o View Post
After April 2013 the X3 xdrive20d will come to US. The model number for US version will most likely be X3 xdrive28d only because xdrive20d will sound leak for the Americans. It will have the same 4-cyl twin-turbo diesel with 183HP and amazing 42 MPG
This X3 will be a direct competitor to the upcoming Q5 2.0 TDI
US is not getting 2.0TDI Q5. Only the more powerful 3.0TDI Q5 Quattro. It is summer release with the A8/A6/A7 TDIs

X3d was early-to-mid 14, around when the LCI comes around.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
Did it happen by any chance on DECEMBER 21ST
Maybe. Where were you?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Cons:
-It has some weird production delays (ie no leather for certain models yet, and some of the launch marketing options dont exist due to delays
-The infotainment systems are really last generation, and sometimes not User Friendly (ie the backup camera will only activate if you have the radio on)
-quirky packages for the options
I honestly don't understand what MB is doing sometimes. They always delay some of the most important options at introduction. When the new ML came out, the Bi-Xenon package and 360 view cameras were delayed for a couple months. New GL, same crap. I just went thru the lot of my local MB dealer. None of the $70k+ GLs have Xenons or leather. Why aren't these standard at that price!?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
The Jeeps are a lot like Land Rovers/RR's in one respect -- they have a tendency for problems! You soon develop a close relationship with your SM. They also tend to show up at the bottom of various reliability lists. OTOH they also seem to last forever and there are a ton of them still running around. Aside from the cottage industry in replacing the air suspension in the RR's with steel springs it seems like once they reach a certain point all the problems either go away, or are ignored, and the things keep going. I have several friends who swear at, and by, their Jeep GC's - usually kept in the cabin at Tahoe. And would never think of getting anything else. That said, the new ones are "supposed" to be light years better in fit, finish, and reliability. Of course with FIAT ("fix it again Tony") now running the show I will have to be convinced.

Last edited by UncleJ; 12-26-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: E46M3 & X5D
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
US is not getting 2.0TDI Q5. Only the more powerful 3.0TDI Q5 Quattro. It is summer release with the A8/A6/A7 TDIs

X3d was early-to-mid 14, around when the LCI comes around.
3.0 TDI in Q5? What a waste! I was sure it's gonna be 2.0 TDI. Where your info comes from?
About the next line of BMW diesels, a salesman at the dealer told me after April 2013, 3 series, X3 and 5 series

From Jeep the only vehicle that I might be interested is Rubicon Diesel

I wish BMW create a real off-road machine like G-class
with 3 blocking differentials, low gear and diesel engine
1996 318ti E36 Hatchback 4-cyl 5SP Manual (SOLD)

Last edited by tol4o; 12-26-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Yeah, the GL is an awesome drive. Basically an S Class in a SUV body. If I ever had a big family, that is what I'm buying (in diesel form)

3rd row is supposed to be delayed introduction on the new Range.

Even the new Mercedes ML is getting a useless 3rd row option as delayed intro.

I would heavily doubt the ML 3rd row bit. It absolutely makes no sense, as its already tight. However without the R, the only mommy minivan-suv is going to be the ML as its priced significantly less than the GL

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Maybe. Where were you?
I was at looking at the sky for PLANET NIBIRU

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I would heavily doubt the ML 3rd row bit. It absolutely makes no sense, as its already tight. However without the R, the only mommy minivan-suv is going to be the ML as its priced significantly less than the GL
http://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-clas...e-7-seats.html

post 10.

My local dealer also told me the exact same thing. They have been briefed in their dealer meetings.

It's probably going to be a more emergency 3rd row (and be completely useless), like the 3rd row on the E70 or Audi Q7.

If you're going to use them on a regular basis, pony up for the GL.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
3.0 TDI in Q5? What a waste! I was sure it's gonna be 2.0 TDI. Where your info comes from?
My info comes from official Audi press releases and an Audi test engineer that I frequently PM on another online forum

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/19/a...headed-for-us/

The A8 TDI is going to be rated at 24/36 MPG, so the A6/A7 should be better than that and the Q5 should get about that.

My Audi contact has told me sub 6 0-60 and mid-to-high 30s on the highway in his test Q5 TDI

The upcoming 4 cylinder TDI will be for the B9 A4, next gen A3, Q3, etc.

Quote:
About the next line of BMW diesels, a salesman at the dealer told me after April 2013, 3 series, X3 and 5 series
e
Nope, this is wrong.

This is from the last BMW dealer meeting.

The engines were announced here (http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/13/p...w-u-s-dealers/)

As we can see, F30d is coming first. 5 series and X3 won't see diesels until their respective LCI. X5d is a delayed intro after new X5 is out in the Spring.

Audi is bringing the A6/7/8/Q5 TDI all by Fall '13. And by that time, Mercedes will have a GLK250 CDI, C250 CDI, E250 4Matic CDI, E350 RWD, ML250 BT, ML350 BT, S350 4MATIC BT, GL CDI, and so on.

BMW is going to be playing a lot of catch up with Audi and Mercedes.

Last edited by AutoUnion; 12-26-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 328i
Maybe a few too many drinks tonight but can someone please answer me this.....?

Will the 2014 X5 have a diesel option? Yes or no?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick9597 View Post
Maybe a few too many drinks tonight but can someone please answer me this.....?

Will the 2014 X5 have a diesel option? Yes or no?
Thats tricky. According to the EOP and SOP posted here is accurate, the next gen X5 D should launch in december of 2013. Question is whether it will launch as a 2015 model in the year 2013 or will it launch as a 2014 model in the year 2013. lol

Correct me if im wrong lol

Why does this matter?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 AM

Mein Auto: E46M3 & X5D
Thanks for the detailed info. Looks like the salesman is not informed. I usually never trust them completely but I just wanted the info to be right
At least the first BMW diesel to come next year is the new 3 series. I hope it will be the 4cyl twin-turbo diesel and option for manual box

What about he new 3L diesel
What will be different compared to the current 3L? Single turbo? Same engine tuned up for better mpg? Rated 255HP and also less torque

I just found some info
Both engines 2L and 3L will be single turbo twin-scroll
1996 318ti E36 Hatchback 4-cyl 5SP Manual (SOLD)

Last edited by tol4o; 12-27-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 328i
Quote:
Thats tricky. According to the EOP and SOP posted here is accurate, the next gen X5 D should launch in december of 2013. Question is whether it will launch as a 2015 model in the year 2013 or will it launch as a 2014 model in the year 2013. lol

Maybe you've had too many drinks as well. I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. A 2015 model in 2013? How could that be?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:

New X5 is launching as MY14 in Spring '13. New X5 will be shown at Detroit soon.

Diesel will probably be late '13-early-14 introduction. So probably MY15 for the diesel, but under law, they can't sell a MY15 car until the calendar says January 2014.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:

I just found some info
Both engines 2L and 3L will be single turbo twin-scroll
I think the 3L diesel we're going to see will just be a US-spec variant of the N57.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick9597 View Post
Maybe you've had too many drinks as well. I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. A 2015 model in 2013? How could that be?
HAHA, you could be right. However I dont drink (-oh)

Why does this matter?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:43 PM

Mein Auto: X5 4.4i
Is this suppose to look better than previous Model ? not to me anyway...still prefer my 2006 in term of look...
Porche cayenne did amazing facelift in 2011 ...was expecting something in the same range...
Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Does any one know when 2014 BMW X5 will be reveal as "concept"? I saw that BMW 4 series "concept" is expected to be revealed in Detroit Auto Show this week.